View Poll Results: What percent chance do you give Chad Kelly starts a game for the Broncos this year (regular season)?

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • 100% - It's a dead certainty.

5 8.62%
  • 75% - It's very likely to happen!

3 5.17%
  • 50-50% - I could see it going either way.

14 24.14%
  • 25% - It's very unlikely.

28 48.28%
  • 0% - No hope in hell of that happening.

8 13.79%
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: What Percentage Chance Do You Give Of Chad Kelly Becoming the Broncos Starter This Season?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Effing Shane. Lol.

2. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

I call this one. "SwagFace. The World is Yours."

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i want to find a longer version of the gif with him launching the grenade thru the door tho

but this will do until i get that part for now

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Kelly's chances of becoming the starting quarterback shot up a whopping .005%.

7. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Kelly's chances of becoming the starting quarterback shot up a whopping .005%.
    I guess it depends on the number of interceptions Keenum keeps on throwing. He's currently at 3 TDs and 4 INTs, which is pretty much approaching Peyton 2015 territory there (13 TDs and 19 INTs for Peyton).

Multiply this statistic by 5 to account for the first 10 weeks of the season, we would see 15 TDs and 20 INTs. That is Manning-esque. That is not tolerable.

They would have to do something, like starting their backup QB.

I'm not saying this would happen. He could be fine. But if it did? How long can Vance Joseph stick with Case Keenum if his job is on the line?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Anyone want to change their answer yet, or still too soon on the 0Td/1int train to decide?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Case Keenum - Regular Season Stats:

Completion %: 61.7

Yards: 988

TDs: (still) 3

INTs: (Now) 6

Passer Rating: 72.1

I'm not predicting that Keenum's horrible play continues, or that they replace him with Chad Kelly anytime soon. But, if this continues for another 6 games?

That would be 7 TDs and 12 or 13 Ints after 10 games.

The team record would be something like 4 and 6 at that point. Would that be enough?

I don't know, but they better get his INTs straightened out or he's going to be the most expensive backup QB in the NFL next year!

Because the team has already committed to paying him a guaranteed contract.

Case Keenum's Broncos deal is for two years, $36M, of which $25M is fully guaranteed at signing. He gets a $6M signing bonus, a fully guaranteed $8M 2018 salary and a $4M 2018 roster bonus. His $18M 2019 salary is guaranteed against injury, and $7M of it is guaranteed at signing.
    So, his 2018 salary is fully guaranteed at this point for $18m,m there's a dead cap hit of $10,000,000 if they cut him next season, and they would owe him $21m if they keep him.

As of now there's no way they would keep him the way he's playing. Taking a $10m cap hit to trade him would be likely. They wouldn't get a lot for him, but perhaps a 6th rounder or something.

Again, I'm not going to predict this after 4 weeks, but it's looking about as bad as the worst critics could hope.

I'm particularly sad that that colossal D-Bag, D-Mack over at 104.3 the Fan is gloating because he never liked Keenum and wanted the Broncos to draft a QB.

Bradley Chubb is looking like he'll be an elite pass-rusher. But, the Broncos don't have a franchise QB yet. 3 years after Peyton retired and they're still screwing around!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Anyone want to change their answer yet, or still too soon on the 0Td/1int train to decide?
    My answer was 100% certainty that Swag will start. I do not wish to change my answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Still a low chance right now depending on who is right between Beefjerky and John Elway. Beef says we are supposed to be a 8-8 team while John says we are competing for titles. If John is right than expect Keenum to keep starting until we are out of playoff contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Still a low chance right now depending on who is right between Beefjerky and John Elway. Beef says we are supposed to be a 8-8 team while John says we are competing for titles. If John is right than expect Keenum to keep starting until we are out of playoff contention.
    Yes, but how long do you think that will take? 6 games? 8?

Six more games like this would mean something like a 4 and 6 or a 3 and 7 record. At that point the Chefs would be 8-2 or 9-1 or something like that - meaning a 4 game lead in the division - at a minimum. They will probably have already clinched with 6 games left.

The Broncos would not be mathematically eliminated at 4-6, but would need to win out to get to 10 wins. At 3-7 they would realistically be eliminated from the playoffs with 6 weeks left on the season, although they would probably have a mathematical chance left.

As long as the season simply continues as it has, they will be starting Kelly at some point - unless they concluded privately that he's never going to be their starting QB. There's a good chance no matter what the fans think , that John Elway has concluded that Kelly isn't their long-term answer.

In that case, they sit him on the bench until the last game or 2 or something, and then go out next year in the draft and draft a 1st round QB.

Don't watch what they say, watch what they do and we'll have our answer what they really think of Kelly in the front office.

Of course they will fire Joseph at seasons' end under any of these scenarios.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Yes, but how long do you think that will take? 6 games? 8?

Six more games like this would mean something like a 4 and 6 or a 3 and 7 record. At that point the Chefs would be 8-2 or 9-1 or something like that - meaning a 4 game lead in the division - at a minimum. They will probably have already clinched with 6 games left.

The Broncos would not be mathematically eliminated at 4-6, but would need to win out to get to 10 wins. At 3-7 they would realistically be eliminated from the playoffs with 6 weeks left on the season, although they would probably have a mathematical chance left.

As long as the season simply continues as it has, they will be starting Kelly at some point - unless they concluded privately that he's never going to be their starting QB. There's a good chance no matter what the fans think , that John Elway has concluded that Kelly isn't their long-term answer.

In that case, they sit him on the bench until the last game or 2 or something, and then go out next year in the draft and draft a 1st round QB.

Don't watch what they say, watch what they do and we'll have our answer what they really think of Kelly in the front office.

Of course they will fire Joseph at seasons' end under any of these scenarios.
    It will definitely take a handful of more games but i just cant see Elway eating his pride and ego to allow VJ to pull Keenum out until they are for sure out of the playoff contention. At this point John needs to save face with the Keenum signing and allowing him to get benched (even if you are someone who thinks Kelly could do better or should at least be given a chance) would not be ideal for him in the eyes of the fanbase. I have no doubt that Elway will allow this season to sink or swim with Keenum at the helm. That way if it doesnt work out he can say it was on VJ and Keenum and it will be easier to place blame at that point. If he allows VJ to swap out QB's now and it still fails VJ can just point the finger at John and say he was the one that made the call on the QB switch.

16. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

No way Chad plays unless it's week 16 or 17 and we're playing for a draft pick. I don't even think it's a case if we've lost 5 straight. Elway needs to justify paying Keenum that much $$, and he won't admit defeat.

What ****** irks me more than anything is, this is a wasted year of Von and CHJ in their prime because of absolute shit coaching. I don't even blame Keenum that much. I blame the coaching staff. They're the ones calling the plays. Musgrave is shit, VJ is shit, and Joe Woods is shit. And by the sounds of it, the players are frustrated as well.

18. The Following User High Fived tripp For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

So while the large ego of one Bronco legend refuses to admit a mistake the entire franchise is held back while the family fights to take control of the team. These are certainly not the golden days for the Denver Broncos. It’s unfortunate that whether with Joseph or Keenum or whomever we have to painfully wait out the failed experiment. At least the failed experiment of Tim Tebow was fun to watch, even if the football mechanics were atrocious. I miss the fun he brought, and I see that in Chad Kelly. Tebow/Kelly For President in 2036 the Saint and the Sinner but both passionate and energetic personalities. Yes I hope Kelly starts but unfortunately Keenum is in until he physically cannot play most likely.

20. The Following User High Fived Colorado4Life For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i miss the elway that fired john fox after losing the SB

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i miss the elway that fired john fox after losing the SB
    Ummm....well he fired him 11 months after that, but sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

24. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information