View Poll Results: What percent chance do you give Chad Kelly starts a game for the Broncos this year (regular season)?

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • 100% - It's a dead certainty.

5 8.62%
  • 75% - It's very likely to happen!

3 5.17%
  • 50-50% - I could see it going either way.

14 24.14%
  • 25% - It's very unlikely.

28 48.28%
  • 0% - No hope in hell of that happening.

8 13.79%
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: What Percentage Chance Do You Give Of Chad Kelly Becoming the Broncos Starter This Season?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    About where I see it as well. I'd say it's more likely than not that your qb will miss a game at some point during the season, so I'd put Kelly's chance of starting a game this year right around a coin toss. I'd be pretty surprised if he started a game due to Keenum's performance, but anything is possible I guess.
    I wasn't taking Keenum injury into account with this poll.

I was thinking that we don't really know whether this team is coming together, the offensive line will be better, the running game will be fixed, the WRs other than Sanders & DT will make an impact, the TEs will actually catch passes - or not.

And defensively, will Wade's departure continue to hurt the team? Will Joe Woods develop into an adequate DC? Will the loss of Talib doom their chances of being a dominant secondary? Is there any real CB talent on the roster behind Harris and Roby?

Will Bradley Chubb have an impact season? Will the pass rush be improved to where teams can't just triple-team Von Miller?

And will Vance Joseph manage to become a good coach in his second year?

Lots of questions, few answers. That's why I rate the chances of a melt-down as a coin toss.

And if it's a coin toss, then there's a 50% chance Kelly will see the field just because they have to make a decision whether to go back to the draft in 2019 and use a high #1 draft pick on a QB - or not. The "not" portion of that equation means Kelly has shown enough that they don't feel the need of another developmental QB.

I sure hope that Keenum has another great year, but realistically there is a significant chance he won't. Most outside observers take it for granted that Keenum is just a backup QB who had a good year with a good team and will instantly return to mediocre at best for a pretty bad Broncos team.

That is the national perception about the Broncos. Also-rans in the division.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Maybe say 'Odds that Kelly unseats Keenum this season?' instead of the long ass thing you wrote?

Odds of that are about zero this year. Kelly will play if Keenum is injured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

100%. Keenum will lose the first 5 games and the newly appointed/interim headcoach will cave to pressure and play swag.

Also, I'm wrong about 99% of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I went with 25% because I figure that about the odds of a QB missing at least 1 game due to concussion protocol.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

It's not out of the question that Chad Kelly could replace Keenum as the Broncos' starting quarterback at some point this year. Kelly was tremendous once again. He entered the game ahead of Paxton Lynch in the middle of the second quarter. His first real throw was a touchdown to Sutton, a 16-yard dart that was on the money down the seam. On the next possession, Kelly had a nice completion after bootlegging left. The receiver, upon review, didn't get both feet inbounds, but a better player would have been able to do so. Kelly shook it off by hitting Tim Patrick with a great touch pass for 27 yards.

Kelly's next drive featured a pass where he fit a ball into a tight window on a slant to Brian Parker. He then showed good arm strength on a throw outside the numbers where only his receiver could catch it. Kelly made a rare mistake after that, barely missing Patrick on a fade deep down the sideline.

Kelly finished 7-of-9 for 90 yards and a touchdown. He's been a great surprise for the Broncos, and if he keeps this up, the fans will be calling for him to start if Keenum struggles.
    Read more at http://walterfootball.com/preseason2...OL1Eq3AeLM8.99

http://walterfootball.com/preseason2018week2.php

8. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    I would straight up prefer Kelly is our starter bc he's the type of QB that makes football football.

I just don't see it with Elway, VJ, and VJs interim replacement. Elway won't blow it up. Keenum would have to be ... Like he was 6/7 years.

That cpt picard gif is 10/10.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

The only way Chad starts is if case goes down and Bridgewater goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I wasn't taking Keenum injury into account with this poll.

I was thinking that we don't really know whether this team is coming together, the offensive line will be better, the running game will be fixed, the WRs other than Sanders & DT will make an impact, the TEs will actually catch passes - or not.

And defensively, will Wade's departure continue to hurt the team? Will Joe Woods develop into an adequate DC? Will the loss of Talib doom their chances of being a dominant secondary? Is there any real CB talent on the roster behind Harris and Roby?

Will Bradley Chubb have an impact season? Will the pass rush be improved to where teams can't just triple-team Von Miller?

And will Vance Joseph manage to become a good coach in his second year?

Lots of questions, few answers. That's why I rate the chances of a melt-down as a coin toss.

And if it's a coin toss, then there's a 50% chance Kelly will see the field just because they have to make a decision whether to go back to the draft in 2019 and use a high #1 draft pick on a QB - or not. The "not" portion of that equation means Kelly has shown enough that they don't feel the need of another developmental QB.

I sure hope that Keenum has another great year, but realistically there is a significant chance he won't. Most outside observers take it for granted that Keenum is just a backup QB who had a good year with a good team and will instantly return to mediocre at best for a pretty bad Broncos team.

That is the national perception about the Broncos. Also-rans in the division.
    The wideouts other than Thomas and Sanders will have an impact? What?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    The wideouts other than Thomas and Sanders will have an impact? What?
    What didn't you understand about the musing?
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

That moment when you realize you called Ron Paul Captain Picard.

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I was wondering if there was a joke in there I wasn't getting. As is usually the case.

17. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I was wondering if there was a joke in there I wasn't getting. As is usually the case.
    I also assumed it was deliberate...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Only if keenum gets hurt and he balls out next to games. He has zero NFL season exp. He is last ditch effort to see field with a couple months of playbook time and 2 games in 1.5 years

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I also assumed it was deliberate...
    It was just this one time. I promise. No need to restate my past financial statements guys.

Mr. Paul, I was drinking a Fugli. Please forgive me. Big fan. Mr. Stewart, ditto.

6.8723439%
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information