Thread: Rest In Paradise, Aretha Franklin

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Default Rest In Paradise, Aretha Franklin

Aretha Franklin, the undisputed Queen of Soul, died Thursday at her Detroit home, the Associated Press reports, surrounded by family and friends. She had been battling various undisclosed illnesses for years, and, in recent weeks, was receiving hospice care. Franklin was 76.

As news of her declining health spread over the past few days, visitors including Stevie Wonder and the Rev. Jesse Jackson reportedly paid their respects at her bedside. Beyoncé and Jay-Z dedicated their Monday concert in the Motor City to Franklin. “We love you,” Beyoncé said, adding a word of thanks for “the beautiful music.”

Over the course of her nearly seven-decade career, Franklin established herself as one of the most important artists in music history, winning 18 Grammy Awards, selling more than 75 million records worldwide, becoming the first female performer to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and recording 112 charted singles on Billboard, thus setting the record for the most charted female artist in the trade magazine’s history.
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...140021145.html

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Rest In Paradise, "Queen of Soul" Aretha Franklin

Wow. I have mad respect for her. My sister and I grew up listening to my parents' favorite singer Aretha Franklin. I grew up watching "The Blues Brothers" movie and her film role was legendary. Everyone loves her music.

RIP, Aretha Franklin

4. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information