Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broncos defensive end Adam Gotsis won’t be charged in rape case

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think it’s a shame that people have their entire lives ruined including being jailed for decades in some cases because of lies. If an accusation of rape can not be proved with hard evidence then how are we supposed to convict people based on he said/she said? It’s unfortunate. Are you really saying we should abandon the “innocent until proven guilty” notion of justice?
    It's soooo much more complicated than that but if someone uses accusation as an attack, yep...they should be held accountable. It's important.

2. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    I think it's a shame that people try to pull all different sorts of scams for cash and when you use rape allegations as a tool to potentially gain you some cash is very sickening and a crime against real victims of rape. Gotsis had to go through this of our team and now Johnson who went through this, she totally almost ruined this kids career,, took 3 year's of football away from him via claiming rape.

I am happy for these guys to be cleared.
    Totally different scenarios, at least in that the accuser in the Gotsis case waited years before coming forth and had no evidence to offer, nor corroboration. It was a case of two people going to a home alone, as apposed to the Johnson case. I replied to your well thought out post on that thread but it got swallowed by the internet gods. In short, the Johnson case had f' tons of collusion and interference in the procedures of justice. If the girl that accused Gotsis if reaching, she should be held accountable. Not much happened to him though, so mostly no harm, no foul. Still, I think it's important to make it known that it serious as f' to make those accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think it’s a shame that people have their entire lives ruined including being jailed for decades in some cases because of lies. If an accusation of rape can not be proved with hard evidence then how are we supposed to convict people based on he said/she said? It’s unfortunate. Are you really saying we should abandon the “innocent until proven guilty” notion of justice?
    The fact that it is so hard to be proved is testament to how serious we have to treat this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Don’t let the son of a bitch room with AJ Johnson.
    I pity the Aussie if Johnson's partner comes in and A.J. says 'Lock the door'.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Male dominated society sucks. I love being a man...but don't feel that has to have anything to do with domination of peers of any sex. Equality just makes life way more interesting. And I completely agree with every point you make. Women are not lying and any man that has his eyes and ears open during any given day knows this.
    Make me a sandwich.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

So an accusation is essentially the burden of proof?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Ooooh, the rare sextuple post. And in a thread about rape no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information