Page 13 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Options for 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by The Glue Factory View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    And the OLine is... Wait for it.... Still awful. Yea, Rick Dennisons fault?
    So the O-Line showing no improvement makes Dennison a good coach? That's like saying a child's 3rd grade teacher is good when that child failed not just 3rd grade but went on to fail 4th, 5th and 6th grade too.

Dennison sucks and it first showed when Shanny shafted Gibbs in favor of Dennison.
    So now the OLine woes are Rick Dennisons fault. smh
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-line-rankings

One of the most interesting storylines of the season so far has been how improved the Broncos’ offensive line looks. They currently sit as the fourth-best line in pass-blocking efficiency and second in run-block grade. Denver hasn’t exactly faced world-beater fronts in Seattle, Oakland and Baltimore, but you can only block the men in front of you. The biggest surprise has been the play of former fifth-round pick Connor McGovern, who has earned a 79.4 overall grade so far this season at right guard.

In other words, a lot of the sacks and pressures are coming from Keenum, who has been noted to hold onto the ball too long.

Keenum sucks, it's not the line.
    Have you watched any games last year and 2016 down the stretch or were you still a Bengals fan

Have you watched any games last year and 2016 down the stretch or were you still a Bengals fan
    I've watched every game, and the fact that you have to take a pot shot to push your weak position up is telling. Don't go down that road with me, Shazam. The fact that you can't tell when a QB holds onto the ball too long, fails to step up into a stable pocket, and then gets sacked, while also choosing to not throw the ball away, that's telling. You seem to think that the way this game works it that the line blocks, and the QB has no impact on that at all. That's not how the game works.

You also seem to think that this offensive league with young QB's putting up insane numbers means we need a HC who is weak on scheme and predicated on defense. That's the exact opposite of the situation. I don't know what games you've been watching, but it's the opposite of what everyone else sees.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Scott Frost May not have a choice if he keeps losing, “Total package” ... lololololop ... 0-11.

Paul Chryst, LeFleur or Toub (It’ll be Toub).

The real question who they should bring in to restore Wades defense.
    They need 3 more all pros to restore Wades defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Anyone who is going to try to break it down how the Broncos OLine is anywhere near even mediocre or close to acceptable in the passing game dept hasnt watched a single game in the last... Weeks? Years? Keenum has been pretty bad. I agree. But dont make out like it isnt a problem.

I think its the Tackles because the interior has been great, especially McGovern.

6. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

https://www.profootballfocus.com/new...-line-rankings

One of the most interesting storylines of the season so far has been how improved the Broncos’ offensive line looks. They currently sit as the fourth-best line in pass-blocking efficiency and second in run-block grade. Denver hasn’t exactly faced world-beater fronts in Seattle, Oakland and Baltimore, but you can only block the men in front of you. The biggest surprise has been the play of former fifth-round pick Connor McGovern, who has earned a 79.4 overall grade so far this season at right guard.

In other words, a lot of the sacks and pressures are coming from Keenum, who has been noted to hold onto the ball too long.

Keenum sucks, it's not the line.
    If the Denver Broncos are 4th best in pass-blocking efficiency then their methodology for calculating pass blocking efficiency is broken.

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Ok people! Broncos have one of the top OLines in the League now! If thats what your glasses tell you, great! Bolles is a future Hall of Famer!

The OLine pass protection isn't a problem, its playing at a high level. Okay!

Ok people! Broncos have one of the top OLines in the League now! If thats what your glasses tell you, great! Bolles is a future Hall of Famer!

The OLine pass protection isn't a problem, its playing at a high level. Okay!
    When confronted with facts that obliterate your position you turn to pure hyperbole and strawmanning. I'm sorry you cannot support your argument.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    If the Denver Broncos are 4th best in pass-blocking efficiency then their methodology for calculating pass blocking efficiency is broken.
    A lot of the issues regarding the sacks and hurries aren't on the offensive line. Do I think Denver is a great line? No. But the past two years people pretended that we had the worst line in the league, and that wasn't even close. There were about ten or so lines that were worse. We've been trained to see a sack or a hit and go 'omfg the line' and we've been trained to think that giving up a sack means that the player was terrible the rest of the game.

Denver's pass blocking line isn't great, but it's more than adequate.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Anyone who is going to try to break it down how the Broncos OLine is anywhere near even mediocre or close to acceptable in the passing game dept hasnt watched a single game in the last... Weeks? Years? Keenum has been pretty bad. I agree. But dont make out like it isnt a problem.

I think its the Tackles because the interior has been great, especially McGovern.
    You keep talking about how people aren't watching games and yet aside from a few plays from Bolles the tackles have been okay, and I don't even think Bolles is that great, though I've defended him because he's young. Last week you were in the gameday thread, or maybe it was two weeks ago (I am tired so forgive me the dates were wrong) screaming about the tackles giving up sacks and just about everyone else pointed out that the man was covered and Keenum sat in the pocket like a statute. Part of being a good QB is feeling pressure and adjusting to it. Great lines get bailed out by good QB play too, for instance New Orleans is reputed to having a good line this year and what does Brees do very well?

I honestly think your understanding of the game is this: if the QB is playing poorly then it must be the offensive line.

And that's not real, man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Bolles is awesome! Especially in pass protection! Got it! Im out!

Who said he was awesome? Does it bother you that you have to literally strawman a person to support your positions? How do you even function?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Who said he was awesome? Does it bother you that you have to literally strawman a person to support your positions? How do you even function?
    He is terrible and more of a liability.

Oh wait no. Hes awesome.

He is terrible and more of a liability.

Oh wait no. Hes awesome.
    I accept your concession - when you have to put forth positions I don't present you're losing. So your argument is, and not I'm literally making it for you, is that beacuse the LT is suspect the line is bad. Well, the other evidence disputes that, and multiple sacks, again, were also on the QB. But you don't care because a narrative is more important than truth.

You're a nice person, though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

A lot of the issues regarding the sacks and hurries aren't on the offensive line. Do I think Denver is a great line? No. But the past two years people pretended that we had the worst line in the league, and that wasn't even close. There were about ten or so lines that were worse. We've been trained to see a sack or a hit and go 'omfg the line' and we've been trained to think that giving up a sack means that the player was terrible the rest of the game.

Denver's pass blocking line isn't great, but it's more than adequate.
    It's not. Full stop. We'll never agree on this.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information