Page 33 of 85 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Options for 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Look at last night's game. Imagine if one of this two teams had a damn good D. They would look like the Saints. They're not just scoring a lot, they're holding their opponents down and kicking sand in their face.

As offenses proliferate the defense is that much more important. As the rules skew toward offense you should be able to get by with above average offense, but if you want to go anywhere you need a damn good D.

You can't attack a strength from the sideline.
    I feel like Denver is close to this, strange as that sounds. With more playmaking from TE and QB, this team seems close to contending for a crown. Damn, I really believe that. I think I must want VJ back if I can say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I never argued he was average.

Rubbish - go ahead and list the teams considered perennial SB contenders and you'll find a lot of great offenses and QB's. You can disagree, but to say the position is rubbish is a poor reflection upon yourself.

Considering that you routinely dismiss my stances with nothing to back them up, and are far more incorrect than I am, I'm going to place you on ignore as you offer nothing substantive or even humorous.

Goodbye.
    The only team considered perennial contenders are the Patriots.

This is because they had a great defense and a rookie qb
    Then they had a god qb who plays for peanuts

There are no other perennial contenders in the last 20 years. Best you can hope for is a 3 or 4 year run before the cap rips your team apart

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

There are no other perennial contenders in the last 20 years. Best you can hope for is a 3 or 4 year run before the cap rips your team apart
    Yeap

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I never argued he was average.

Rubbish - go ahead and list the teams considered perennial SB contenders and you'll find a lot of great offenses and QB's. You can disagree, but to say the position is rubbish is a poor reflection upon yourself.

Considering that you routinely dismiss my stances with nothing to back them up, and are far more incorrect than I am, I'm going to place you on ignore as you offer nothing substantive or even humorous.

Goodbye.

Saints a good run with Payton/Brees contenders for like 15 years
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Saints were dreadful for about five years.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

You counting their back to back to back 7 and 9 seasons?

Brees has not been to a SB since 2009.

Its 2018.

10. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    He wasn't even our best RB, let alone greatest player... He was so atrocious when he was OC at CU with Embree that it's a hard pass for me.
    Wasn't he just the RB coach? I don't remember him being the OC.

He did have a terrific career @ CU, and I think he is still the Buff's all time leader in rushing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Denver is a HC and a consistant play from QB away from being a contender.

So the past ten years or so the constant predictions of SB contention for numerous franchises by analysts, bettors, etc doesn't count because you say so? Or players talking about how they view their team/other teams as contenders?

That's an absurd statement. You point to a three or for four year window, and ignore that certains teams are considered contenders well beyond that window.

You're objectively wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I can’t take you serious Boner Pill Boi

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

So the past ten years or so the constant predictions of SB contention for numerous franchises by analysts, bettors, etc doesn't count because you say so? Or players talking about how they view their team/other teams as contenders?

That's an absurd statement. You point to a three or for four year window, and ignore that certains teams are considered contenders well beyond that window.

You're objectively wrong.
    People predicted them, sure. Did any of them pan out. Can you honestly say any time apart from the Patriots has been consistently in the mix

Winning a division doesn't make you a contender, challenging on the playoffs and getting to superbowls is my metric for a contender.

Maybe you have a different metric, or maybe your hubris just causes you to be belligerent

People predicted them, sure. Did any of them pan out. Can you honestly say any time apart from the Patriots has been consistently in the mix

Winning a division doesn't make you a contender, challenging on the playoffs and getting to superbowls is my metric for a contender.

Maybe you have a different metric, or maybe your hubris just causes you to be belligerent
    Again, contention isn't winning. Yet those teams stay highly relevant and go deep in the playoffs. So what's better, the one shot defenses that almost have to be an all-time great defense to win, or contention time after time? The same critique you place on my argument is crippling to yours - darn all these great offenses with QBs win a SB and keep going deep into the playoffs but that's not good enough, and somehow the one shot defenses don't suffer from that even more?

Winning a division? What about the NFCCG.

IN regards to belligerence, I've been civil to you after you attacked me. You have this great trick of attacking me, then putting up an objectively worse argument, then attacking me again. It's old. The things people accuse me of are the same things they actually do. Hubris isn't digging in with a solid argument - but it sure can be someone attacking someone and talking down to them while accusing a person of ego. Oh yeah, Val, you're certainly the egoless one here.

Another one on ignore.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

King is breaking my heart.

This team should not ignore what is happening in front of our eyes with rule changes.

It should not ignore the offensive juggernauts.

It should not ignore the fact that a talented QB with a great offensive coach is the norm. Nor should it exclusively rely upon a young HC as Payton (not really old but not young, either) and Reid (definitely old as ****) have crafted great offenses. But, it should not ignore the Chicago HC, McVeigh, or Kyle Shanhan's youth, either. Youth is preferable for no other reason than giving you a shot at finding a HC who can grow with the young stud QB.

It should not ignore the fact that the defensive juggernaut Philly got shredded by an offensive team in New England. Nor should it ignore the fact that Philly needed to score a metric ton of points to win that Superbowl. It shouldn't ignore the fact that a defensive juggernaut in 'Sota lost with a stacked roster and game managing, some even say good QB.

It shouldn't ignore the fact that you consistently see great offensive teams with great QB's make deep playoff runs and consistently attain high seeds for the playoffs.

It shouldn't ignore the fact that the last time a great defensive based team made the SB consecutive times it lost the second SB to a great offensive team (Seattle vs. New England).

It shouldn't ignore the explosion of offense this season because of new rule changes.

It should not ignore the fact that Andy Reid, a guy who made his bones with a game managing QB and great defenses in Philly and partially in KC booted said QB after he had his best season for...Mahomes.

And most importantly, whether people want to admit it or not, the same teams with the same great QB's and great offenses are there mostly because of the QB's.

We watched a defense drop from borderline all-time great to just damn good to just good, to up-and-down each season after a few departures and age. Yet Rodgers, much maligned here for only having one ring, has as many rings as our great defense and has had numerous chances, and will have more, to make a run. Pittsburgh is and has been in the same situation. And to downplay them for not capturing the final prize so many times should tell us that winning a SB is hard - and damn it sure is hard to see these great defensive teams winning more. So you can have the QB or the defense and get one. But the Qbs seem to be there longer.

Go Broncos.

No more Keenums, please.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    King is breaking my heart.
    Go Huskers.

22. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information