Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1273

Thread: Coaching Options for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I gotta be honest Fangio concerns me. If hes been in the league for so long and a defensive genius why hasnt he caught on as a HC sooner?

Now if Denver's D was the weak link i would get it. Seems too much like a VJ hire. Being a Coordinator is leaps and bounds behind running the whole outfit. I know Kube will help him but...

At least Munchak can fix what has been a glaring issue with the OL. What will Fang do to fix it? How can he help a young QB?

I dont like it. But thats just me.
    Allow me to try to mitigate your fears. Mike Zimmer was a long time defensive coordinator in the league. One with a lot of success, especially in Dallas and Cincinnati. He, like Fangio, is a stiff upper lip type of guy, and very, very blunt. For example, Zimmer refused to call Keenum a long term starter and publicly mused which Keenum you'd get. He's an astute man, really. This turned off a lot of teams because...reasons.

Slowly but surely teams have started to trend towards younger coaches, and I think if we look back that began (not to THIS extent, though) when Zimmer was trying to become a head coach.

Both guys are/were defensive studs, older, a little crass, and feared no one.

I think you're still far too deferential and optimistic about Kubiak. Also, Munchak, during his time in Tennessee...do you recall the Titans have an elite offense predicated upon running the ball? Do you remember all those great defenses getting splendid complementary football from their running game? Yeah, me either. I don't think he fixed any line issue in Tenn, nor did he make them go from good to great, for instanced.

Also, the line was average last year. Stop using it as an excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I gotta be honest Fangio concerns me. If hes been in the league for so long and a defensive genius why hasnt he caught on as a HC sooner?

Now if Denver's D was the weak link i would get it. Seems too much like a VJ hire. Being a Coordinator is leaps and bounds behind running the whole outfit. I know Kube will help him but...

At least Munchak can fix what has been a glaring issue with the OL. What will Fang do to fix it? How can he help a young QB?

Bill Walsh was 47 years old when became the head coach of Stanford and 48 when got his only head coaching gig in the NFL. Prior to that he spent ten years as an assistant coach with various teams. I understand that concerns you still some coach toil for a long before they get a shot at it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

Allow me to try to mitigate your fears. Mike Zimmer was a long time defensive coordinator in the league. One with a lot of success, especially in Dallas and Cincinnati. He, like Fangio, is a stiff upper lip type of guy, and very, very blunt. For example, Zimmer refused to call Keenum a long term starter and publicly mused which Keenum you'd get. He's an astute man, really. This turned off a lot of teams because...reasons.

Slowly but surely teams have started to trend towards younger coaches, and I think if we look back that began (not to THIS extent, though) when Zimmer was trying to become a head coach.

Both guys are/were defensive studs, older, a little crass, and feared no one.

I think you're still far too deferential and optimistic about Kubiak. Also, Munchak, during his time in Tennessee...do you recall the Titans have an elite offense predicated upon running the ball? Do you remember all those great defenses getting splendid complementary football from their running game? Yeah, me either. I don't think he fixed any line issue in Tenn, nor did he make them go from good to great, for instanced.

Also, the line was average last year. Stop using it as an excuse.
    If you don't think the OLine is a problem King you havent watched a single game. Please stop. You pretending it isnt an issue doesnt mean it isn't.

They showed MARGINAL improvement down the stretch and Bolles did improve I will give that.

They need a lot of work.

See playoff winners last week who dominated the LOS.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:

If you don't think the OLine is a problem King you havent watched a single game. Please stop. You pretending it isnt an issue doesnt mean it isn't.

They showed MARGINAL improvement down the stretch and Bolles did improve I will give that.

They need a lot of work.

If you lose your starting center and a starting guard and your primary back-up guard...then have to shift the other guard to center and plug in 2 reserves at the guard spots...and still show improvement...I'd go out on a limb and say some pretty decent coaching took place. With some actual talent and some health consistency, I think Kugler will be just fine coaching the line. Doesn't really require hiring a HC who's ONLY specialty is coaching the line.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If you lose your starting center and a starting guard and your primary back-up guard...then have to shift the other guard to center and plug in 2 reserves at the guard spots...and still show improvement...I'd go out on a limb and say some pretty decent coaching took place. With some actual talent and some health consistency, I think Kugler will be just fine coaching the line. Doesn't really require hiring a HC who's ONLY specialty is coaching the line.

That was a weird run. The OL played better. Textbook circling the wagons.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

They need a lot of work.

Shaz I guess we have different ideas of marginal. They were ranked in the twenties in 2017 while in 2018 they ranked just outside the top ten. North had the numbers I just don't remember what thread it was in.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 01-09-2019 at 11:46 AM.

8. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Shaz I guess we have different ideas of marginal. They were ranked in the twenties in 2017 while in 2018 they ranked just outside top ten. North had the number I just don't remember what thread it was in.
    Yea, the Oline was light years better this year than last. Using them as the crux of the issue this past year is disingenuous.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Ok! No problems up front with the Broncos Offense Got it!

Keep telling yourselves that and youre delusional
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:

I dont think anyone is saying the OL can't improve. Just that it's not the glaring thorn it use to be. Get starters healthy and fine tune a spot or two and we'll be fine. You don't finish 12th in rushing yards, 3rd in yards per carry and 4th in rushing TD's with a bottom of the barrel OL.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Tell us more about dong pills.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Tell us more about dong pills.
    I like how Coach refuted his post. Let’s work on attacking the post and not the poster.

They need a lot of work.

You pretending it was bad doesn't make it bad...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I like how Coach refuted his post. Let’s work on attacking the post and not the poster.
    Ok mod.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hak-or-fangio/
    Per a league source, Fangio’s burning desire to finally become a head coach has made him willing to let Elway hand pick the coaching staff. Elway wants Gary Kubiak to run the offense. That’s more likely if it’s Fangio.
    So, Fangio told Elway he would keep any of the coaches he wanted him to keep.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

At least we'll know if Fangio fails, it's fully on Elway.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information