Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Options for 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm a grower ass man too. Maybe I could be a Bronco? Or does it just mean I will make more mistakes?
    I'm just an ass man. Or is that "ass, man"?

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm just an ass man. Or is that "ass, man"?
    both. . . me, too. . .

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Because the backup QB job was just handed to him. Last year he was 3rd string and Sat was thoroughly outplayed. He doesn't get it and there isnt a magic switch to flip.

If you think Elway is calling the shots on depth chart then you have to say Elway was responsible for putting McKenzie on the field last year.....in which case he should be fired.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Why is everyone so convinced Elway is pushing Lynch?

What has anyone seen from Lynch that would make you think Elway would push for him?
    Totally agree with you. To me, the following is the reason why Lynch has not been cut, and he sure did nothing Sat. night for any other team to want him.

Keep in mind the Broncos would suffer a $2.5 million hit by cutting Lynch, who carries a $4.457 million dead money charge in the third of his four-year rookie contract.
    https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-bro...nch-120612028/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I do not think we fire VJ and I do not think Lynch gets cut.

Imo the whole thing was for him to not look just as bad as he did so we could trade him to some team for a 2025 conditional 7th. That looks to be out now as well.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Why is everyone so convinced Elway is pushing Lynch?

What has anyone seen from Lynch that would make you think Elway would push for him?
    Because Elway at his presser said "We're not kicking Paxton to the curb" in explanation of why he didn't draft a QB.

Well, why NOT kick Paxton to the curb? At what point do they acknowledge that Paxton is just a flat bust? If he stays on the opening day roster then we know that Elway insisted upon it.

Because, if you were Vance Joseph would you consider keeping Paxton as your backup QB knowing that your job was on the line? No. Nobody sensible would do that.

No matter what he says publicly, VJ cannot be happy that if Keenum is hurt, and he needs a backup QB to step in the only choice he now has is Paxton Lynch or Chad Kelly who has never started an NFL game. And it doesn't look like Kelly will be on the opening day roster unless they get rid of Paxton.

It certainly doesn't appear that VJ is in charge of this team. It looks like Elway is calling all the shots and he is stubbornly sticking to the mantra "we drafted Paxton and we liked him for a reason, it's up to you to coach him up till he's ready" crap.

I'll believe something different the day I see Paxton hit the FA market (nobody is going to trade for him).

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Need a guy who is willing to stand up to Elway to not try and push his guy. Coach who doesn't want to be his players best friend. If a player makes a mistake call him out, they are grown ass men.
    What coaches around the league calls there player's out to the media? Damn near zero....

After a breakout performance in his NFL debut on Saturday night, will the first-year quarterback Chad Kelly finally receive some second-team reps in practice?

“We’ll see. We’ll watch the tape and see where we are,” Head Coach Vance Joseph said post-game.

Translation: we’re going to have to wait to see what the boss man has to say on the matter.
    I.e. he's going to have to wait until he sees whether Elway will permit him to push Lynch to #3rd on the the depth chart, which would be a sign to all the world that he's about to get cut (a 3rd year veteran being passed over for an essential rookie who has never played an NFL game).

What is getting more and more clear is that the fan reaction if they keep Lynch and cut Kelly will be loud and bitter.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Wade Phillips.

On the agreement that he ran the defense on gamedays and in practice.
    He's a great DC, but I'm to understand that he doesn't want a 3rd crack at being a HC because of how the 1st 2 went. I'd be in favor of a HC that would bring him back, but he's already got this same job with the Rams. Unless they hire another HC that wants to bring in his own coordinators, he's not going to be avalible anytime in the foreseeable future.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    What coaches around the league calls there player's out to the media? Damn near zero....
    bill parcells says what's up. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    We have been coach hunting for almost a year.
    Who is we? Not the Broncos organization..... This ain't the time for this, There is so much football left on the menu to be worried about this. So much can happen, and the guy whose band wagon most of you are on (kelly) is Vance Joseph hand picked quarterback, he was the one pre draft and post draft saying Chad was his favorite quarterback in that draft.

Whether Vance stays or goes is irrelevant right now, it's Week 2 of the preason. The Vikings entire unit has been together for year's now, they started fast big deal.

we have a ton of new/young guy's in a lot of key roles on offense and defense, they started slow but they didnt fold and fought back. Unlike last year. If we're looking pathetic week 1-5 then go ahead and kick and scream for a new coach but geez not right now when there working in new guy's, New quarterback with a offense that's in it's first pre season game together. I have complete faith that the overwhelming talent will prevail for us. And if Vance and his staff can't make it work then yes they'll be canned but this is way too premature fire the staff talk.

But proceed as you wish.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    In fairness, Chubb didn't say zero, but "Damn near zero..." So pointing out only a single example of someone who hasn't coached in 12 years doesn't disprove his point.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Where is bill parcels? He's out of the league for a while now, he's also from the old old old school, that doesn't exist anymore and rightfully so, it's none of fan's or the media business too know how the staff leans on there players in private. I'm sure he's ripped into McKenzie privately but showed faith in the kid and now look at him, totally looking good in camp, it then transferred onto the first game.

The media doesn't need to be involved in that, Joseph didn't have to bash Lynch publicly but yet Monday morning he benched his ass.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    Just about all will call a player out needing to improve or play better instead of a blanket good game but need to watch the film Comment

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Just about all will call a player out needing to improve or play better instead of a blanket good game but need to watch the film Comment
    That's not true man, coaches just don't do that stuff, he clearly told Paxton behind closd doors that his play is unacceptable and then benched him, but yet you all want more in the sense of hearing that conversation through the media.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information