Page 25 of 85 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Options for 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I find it hilarious that we are asking to bring back Mike Shanahan. The guy who refused to remove Slowik as a DC, and got himself fired. I think people here forgot just how jacked the last couple years under mike were as well. Bring in fresh new blood, that's what we need. Innovation and a Legit QB
    Agreed, however, even that would be a step up from here.

2. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I find it hilarious that we are asking to bring back Mike Shanahan. The guy who refused to remove Slowik as a DC, and got himself fired. I think people here forgot just how jacked the last couple years under mike were as well. Bring in fresh new blood, that's what we need. Innovation and a Legit QB
    it's time. . . no more getting the band back together again BS. . . no more going to the well-- it's all dried up. . . elway needs to have some guts, and hire the best guy for the job, even if it's not someone from his extended circle of friends and acquaintances . . .

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Both Mike's and Joe (Gibbs) second runs didnt fair all that well so i agree with Doggy that its time to find a young mind to try and lead this team into the future. VJ was a bad coordinator who somehow wow'd John into hiring him but that turned into a colossal mistake.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Well, now that we know the NFL has all but totally eradicated any real ability to play defense, and since Big 12 offensive minds and QBs are the wave of the bleak future of this sport, I would say someone who coaches that style.

Lane Kiffin?

Btw, for those that cling to the fallacy that the ratings are up due to the OFFENSE generated by the stupid rules, should explain what massive rule changes has soccer made to that sport that generates offense? Still by far the most popular game in the world. Not this country, but certainly in the world.

Do we really think if the rules were the same as they were in the 80s that people would start watching something else? I doubt it.

Anyway, i agree with Shane. The game sucks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    it's time. . . no more getting the band back together again BS. . . no more going to the well-- it's all dried up. . . elway needs to have some guts, and hire the best guy for the job, even if it's not someone from his extended circle of friends and acquaintances . . .
    But who is the best guy for the job?
    I have no idea who it is
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I have no idea who it is
    i won't claim that i do, either. . . i just want them to consider all options. . .

10. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Well, now that we know the NFL has all but totally eradicated any real ability to play defense, and since Big 12 offensive minds and QBs are the wave of the bleak future of this sport, I would say someone who coaches that style.

Lane Kiffin?

Btw, for those that cling to the fallacy that the ratings are up due to the OFFENSE generated by the stupid rules, should explain what massive rule changes has soccer made to that sport that generates offense? Still by far the most popular game in the world. Not this country, but certainly in the world.

Do we really think if the rules were the same as they were in the 80s that people would start watching something else? I doubt it.

Anyway, i agree with Shane. The game sucks.
    The reason soccer is so popular everywhere else is because we are cool with a tie. We have no need to change the rules to make it more exciting as that is not our expectation.

Also soccer only has one commercial break, half way through a game that you are guaranteed to finish in 90 minutes or so

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I have no idea who it is
    Me.

First personnel decision, get Cody back as gunner

13. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Me.

First personnel decision, get Cody back as gunner
    #championship

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    The reason soccer is so popular everywhere else is because we are cool with a tie. We have no need to change the rules to make it more exciting as that is not our expectation.

Also soccer only has one commercial break, half way through a game that you are guaranteed to finish in 90 minutes or so
    Soccer is the most popular in the world because American football is basically only played in North America. It is growing on a worldwide stage though...

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Soccer is the most popular in the world because American football is basically only played in North America. It is growing on a worldwide stage though...
    They are trying, but it is not really happening. Go over to Europe. Kids are NOT playing football in the parks. They are playing soccer, they are playing basketball, etc.

Colleges are not going to be playing football anywhere over there. Imo, it is an exercise in futility. Just not going to happen.

Especially, with the concussion hype BSPN likes to report about every other day.

Peter King notes in his column today that the secondary ticket market for the UK games is insane. People are flocking to these games with usually bad teams (I think there still hasn’t been a UK game where both teams had a winning record at the time)

They are trying, but it is not really happening. Go over to Europe. Kids are NOT playing football in the parks. They are playing soccer, they are playing basketball, etc.

Colleges are not going to be playing football anywhere over there. Imo, it is an exercise in futility. Just not going to happen.

Especially, with the concussion hype BSPN likes to report about every other day.
    It’s a lot easier to grab a pickup game of soccer or basketball than it is football, even in the states

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Soccer is the most popular for one reason, it costs the value of the soccer ball. No other real equipment is needed so kids in poor countries can play too.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You realize NFL coaches (including belichick) have been visiting college coaching in droves in recent years picking their brains on how they run their offenses right?

Why do you think rookie QBs are looking more and more prepared earlier in their careers? It's because NFL teams are more and more using the same offenses these guys ran in high school and college. The traditional "pro style" offense is basically a relic of the past now. You couldn't be more wrong on this.
    I realize that NFL coaches have been running spread for decades, long before Chip Kelly graced us with his presence.

Spread is a pimple on the ass of a pro system, always will be. It’s a formation, a game plan, not a system.

Btw, I also realize that QB’s bomb early and often at the same rate they’ve always bombed, even with the pathetic, watered-down “QB-for-Dummies” approach they’re given these days. They dumb it down because they have to, not because they want to.

I think Mahomes is special but if he doesn’t continue to develop into an NFL QB he will inevitably fail too.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 10-15-2018 at 07:30 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information