Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread: Coaching Options for 2019

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    McD's biggest issue is that he torpedoed our roster. Now he could focus on coaching while Elway runs the roster into the ground.
    Oh, snap.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

McD's biggest issue is that he torpedoed our roster. Now he could focus on coaching while Elway runs the roster into the ground.
    Troo. Another McNumbnutz problem is one that Vejayjay has - inability to coach strong player personalities (i.e. Talib).

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I don't disagree.

But he is going to be a great HC one day in my opinion, and I just like winning more than holding grudges
    Agreed. I think he’d be a good fit with John.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

To be fair, that post went better than expected

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    To be fair, that post went better than expected
    My response was not what you were expecting was it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

No one's was, but it's early yet

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I know VJ sucks, but this McDaniels talk is ludicrous. I’m still waiting for the day that a Bellicheat assistant actually improves the team he takes over. IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED! McDaniels has his chance and couldn’t win without Brady. I’m betting the Pats keep dangling that Bellicheat successor carrot for him until Brady retires. I think when Brady retires, Bellicheat does too and McDaniels will take over a team without a HOF QB and be fired in short order for the second time. McDaniels will expect the players to treat him like Bellicheat. The remaining holdover players won’t and he’ll go back to being a whiner who tantrums on the sidelines.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

McDaniels biggest issue was/is the fact that he’s a ginormous ******* bag of douche, after he ******* the Colts this off-season it’s clear that that has actually gotten worse.

If he gets another HC offer I’d be surprised.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm thinking a college dude. Or a pro dude with strong college roots. Feels like massive innovation is the next step in the pro game. Take these spread O-linemen from college and build your pro game that way.
    This is the most overrated cliche going, no 0ffense, the “spread” is nothing more than a formation in the NFL ... not a system. They all run spread, if TB12 is throwing shade at “college offenses” he needs to look no further than his own offenses, the offense that PFM had run for his entire career.

Mahomes is special, Reid is special, not the “system” they’re running. Mahomes set an NFL record for passing yards outside the pocket vs the Broncos but he’s also far, far ahead of where 99% of college spread QB’s will ever be when it comes to what legitimate NFL offenses demand.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Last weekend the P*triots spread them out and threw underneath to pintsized scatbacks all game long, TB12 don’t think Mahomes could run that shit? He’s been running that since high school.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The Broncos problem (s) on offense isn’t the system or the play calling, they run enough spread and their running game is vastly improved (so far, anyway).
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The Broncos problem (s) on offense isn’t the system or the play calling, they run enough spread and their running game is vastly improved (so far, anyway).
    I wouldn’t go that far. The calling 50+ passes and <20 runs when your QB is Case Keenum and your Oline struggles in pass pro while your RBs are both averaging over 5 ypc is a play calling issue.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I wouldn’t go that far. The calling 50+ passes and <20 runs when your QB is Case Keenum and your Oline struggles in pass pro while your RBs are both averaging over 5 ypc is a play calling issue.
    Idk, I remember a time when Kubiak got bludgeoned on a weekly basis for running the offense you’re suggesting they should run.

I don’t think it’s too much to expect better results from the plays they’re dialing up. This OL is better than the one they gave TS; granted that’s not saying much but Bolles isn’t the liability he’s being portrayed as, Turner isn’t the turnstile Watson/????? Was, the receivers are better with Sutton and even Heierman being better than what they had ... and the running game is much better. I think a lot of this is a credit to the coaching, including the OC.

They’re running the spread that everyone wants to see, they’re running the ball from all formations, they’re legitimately “multiple” on offense.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 10-12-2018 at 03:02 AM.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    This is the most overrated cliche going, no 0ffense, the “spread” is nothing more than a formation in the NFL ... not a system. They all run spread, if TB12 is throwing shade at “college offenses” he needs to look no further than his own offenses, the offense that PFM had run for his entire career.

Mahomes is special, Reid is special, not the “system” they’re running. Mahomes set an NFL record for passing yards outside the pocket vs the Broncos but he’s also far, far ahead of where 99% of college spread QB’s will ever be when it comes to what legitimate NFL offenses demand.
    You realize NFL coaches (including belichick) have been visiting college coaching in droves in recent years picking their brains on how they run their offenses right?

Why do you think rookie QBs are looking more and more prepared earlier in their careers? It's because NFL teams are more and more using the same offenses these guys ran in high school and college. The traditional "pro style" offense is basically a relic of the past now. You couldn't be more wrong on this.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

You realize NFL coaches (including belichick) have been visiting college coaching in droves in recent years picking their brains on how they run their offenses right?

Why do you think rookie QBs are looking more and more prepared earlier in their careers? It's because NFL teams are more and more using the same offenses these guys ran in high school and college. The traditional "pro style" offense is basically a relic of the past now. You couldn't be more wrong on this.
    Yes, and that has been going on for years. Belichick had taken his staff down to Gainseville one year when Urban Meyer was there. They picked the brain of Urban Meyer and learned the concepts. Which btw is a similar PASSING SCHEME as the one Joe Tiller utilized at Purdue. Meyer actually used that system with Alex Smith at Utah. He ran more of a RPO with Tebow, due to Tebow's skills.

Now, you may be seeing the rhyme and reason why Mcdaniels was interested in Orton (who came out of and thrived in that basketball on grass Tiller system at Purdue) and Tebow. Orton really did not do that badly here.

Point is Belichick has been picking the brain and adapting the college offense for a while now. They also adapt according to the talent. Did you see the offense he ran with Jacoby Brissett. Safe to say there were a few plays they would never run with Brady.

20. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information