Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vikings game a perfect expose’ of coaching and management

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Default Vikings game a perfect expose’ of coaching and management

Yes, I know it’s preseason.
    That said, the following MUST be said about yesterday’s game: this is directed at Elway and VJ
    1. Watching the QB who you should have signed completely outshine the one you settled for while at the same time roasting your vaunted defense had to have been maddening.
    2. Watching Siemian, (you know, the guy who sucked so bad last year that you dumped him) completely outshine the guy you decided to keep out of the 2, while at the same time throwing 2 touchdowns against your vaunted defense just added insult to injury. Note to Elway: stop holding on to hope that Lynch is not a bust. Dump him and move on.
    3. Watching the 3rd string Viking QB Kyle Sloter who you never should have traded and who many thought should have been the starter last season continue the shred fest against your vaunted defense had to have been the angry cherry on top.
    4. Vance Joseph, how could you have allowed this to play out like I described? How could you not have motivated the guys enough to understand the symbolic importance of this game to Elway and the franchise? This effort exposed so many terrible decisions the coaching, scouting, GM and organization has made when it comes to drafting, developing, keeping and signing quarterbacks. And, of course, signing coaches. I’ll be surprised if you last the year.
    Last edited by atwater27; 08-12-2018 at 03:34 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Preseaon

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Preseaon
    first sentence of the post

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

1. KC signed where he wanted. He was never coming here.

2. Not keeping Simean here isn't a problem, he sucks. Keeping Lynch is stupid. Both should be gone.

3. Vaunted 3rd stringers and camp fodder? Those two don't go together. Sloter should be in Denver, he got offered more money.... it happens....

4. Fire Vance.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Siemian didn't really shine. He almost threw a few more picks, he had two drives extended by penalty (one led to a FG), and one of his TD passes was set up by an INT.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Game changed when no Miller or Harris or Roby on field.we are not that deep at all positions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Sloter wasn’t traded - he was cut and they hoped he made it to practice squad - vikes signed him.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    1. KC signed where he wanted. He was never coming here.

2. Not keeping Simean here isn't a problem, he sucks. Keeping Lynch is stupid. Both should be gone.

3. Vaunted 3rd stringers and camp fodder? Those two don't go together. Sloter should be in Denver, he got offered more money.... it happens....

4. Fire Vance.
    Davii 4 president.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

13. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Im still shaking my head on how we let Sloter go after what we saw of him.

Dumbest move ever.

Was that Elway?

Seems to me VJ is the man who makes those calls.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

15. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Sloter wasn’t traded - he was cut and they hoped he made it to practice squad - vikes signed him.
    Either way it was the wrong move

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    Siemian didn't really shine. He almost threw a few more picks, he had two drives extended by penalty (one led to a FG), and one of his TD passes was set up by an INT.
    I’m not defending siemian. I’m pointing out the cluster**** debacle of allowing a crappy QB to come back to town and school you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I hear everyone's disappointment, BUT ifbthey somehow found a possible franchise QB in Kelly, im pumped
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

19. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

We went 4-0 in the preseason last year and looked like we could be competitive right up until that giants game in week 6

I am honestly not sure how much we can actually learn from the Vikings game's FTR I hate VJ and Keenum, and expect them to fail, but that won't be an evidenced opinion until late October (ish), I am certainly not ready to write off the season before September

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

If Keenum somehow falls flat the calls for Kelly would be like calls for Tebow all over again, rightfully so.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    We went 4-0 in the preseason last year and looked like we could be competitive right up until that giants game in week 6

I am honestly not sure how much we can actually learn from the Vikings game's FTR I hate VJ and Keenum, and expect them to fail, but that won't be an evidenced opinion until late October (ish), I am certainly not ready to write off the season before September
    im not writing off the season. I’m excited as hell for it. I’m just furious and incredulous that VJ allowed the team to come out like that and get clowned by those QBs. And still pissed they let Sloter go.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information