Page 209 of 211 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 3151

Thread: 2018-2019 College Football Season

  1. #3121
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'Mont MFing Jones
    Posts
    53,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    It must be because i love great movies like LOTR's and The Hobbit.
    Oh man...those flicks are truly splendid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Preach brother.

    #teamfatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Henceforth and in perpetuity the aforementioned Kinger shall hereby be know as FatSammichKing. So help me Hawg

  2. #3122
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,
    Posts
    43,300

    Default

    Kyler Murray
    ‏Verified account @TheKylerMurray
    29m29 minutes ago

    I have declared for the NFL Draft.

    Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

  3. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:


  4. #3123
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Emma Watson
    Posts
    67,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Kyler Murray
    ‏Verified account @TheKylerMurray
    29m29 minutes ago

    I have declared for the NFL Draft.
    That means a QB of some kind will be available when we draft at 10.

  5. #3124
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    41,588

    Default

    I guess the As told him a big negative on his $15 million request.
    why you so serious!

  6. #3125
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    37,250

    Default

    He still has 72 hours to retract, pending any upped offer from the A's.

  7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  8. #3126
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    87,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I guess the As told him a big negative on his $15 million request.
    Its against MLB labor rules. Theyd have to get approval from MLB to offer that, and Im guessing MLB said no.

    Edit: This is coming from the baseball people I follow on a twitter, Jeff Passan specifically.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love the Shitgun.

  9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  10. #3127
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    37,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It’s against MLB labor rules. They’d have to get approval from MLB to offer that, and I’m guessing MLB said no.
    But was he technically ever under contract? I'm not sure how that works, but I do know they signed him last year with a 1 year waiver to play one more season of football in college.

    NOT disputing your post - just am not sure because this was a unique situation from the beginning.

  11. #3128
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    87,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    But was he technically ever under contract? I'm not sure how that works, but I do know they signed him last year with a 1 year waiver to play one more season of football in college.

    NOT disputing your post - just am not sure because this was a unique situation from the beginning.
    It is unique. It was written into his A’s contract, a minor league contract with a $4.6 million signing bonus, that he could play one year of college football. If he signs an NFL contract and doesn’t honor his A’s contract my understanding is he owes that $4.6 million to the A’s.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love the Shitgun.

  12. #3129
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    37,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It is unique. It was written into his A’s contract, a minor league contract with a $4.6 million signing bonus, that he could play one year of college football. If he signs an NFL contract and doesn’t honor his A’s contract my understanding is he owes that $4.6 million to the A’s.
    That much I figured, but does that mean they can't up their contract $$ to him? Like I said, I don't know how that works.

  13. #3130
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    41,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It’s against MLB labor rules. They’d have to get approval from MLB to offer that, and I’m guessing MLB said no.

    Edit: This is coming from the baseball people I follow on a twitter, Jeff Passan specifically.
    I trust you. I have zero knowledge of how MLB works.
    why you so serious!

  14. #3131
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    87,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    That much I figured, but does that mean they can't up their contract $$ to him? Like I said, I don't know how that works.
    Baseball people on Twitter are saying no.



    Thats the Chronicles As beat writer. FWIW, she also reported that the contract increase was not a Murray demand but one of the ideas the As and MLB were discussing to try to keep him playing baseball. Passan reported that MLB sent a marketing team to talk to him yesterday.

    His As contract does require him to report to Spring Training on Feb. 15.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I love the Shitgun.

  15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  16. #3132
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    37,250

    Default

    Thanks, MO.

  17. #3133
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    41,588

    Default

    So......is the hope that Murray will become a Russell Wilson with a little Mahomes talent (baseball)? Wasn’t Wilson a baseball player, too?
    why you so serious!

  18. #3134
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    37,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    So......is the hope that Murray will become a Russell Wilson with a little Mahomes talent (baseball)? Wasn’t Wilson a baseball player, too?
    I think Wilson was drafted by the Texas Rangers. MO?

  19. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:


  20. #3135
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    41,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I think Wilson was drafted by the Texas Rangers. MO?
    I just read he is in the Yankees spring camp.
    why you so serious!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2017-2018 College Basketball Thread
    By Northman in forum High School and College
    Replies: 145
    Last Post: 04-03-2018, 02:50 PM
  2. 2017-2018 Official College Football Discussion Thread
    By OrangeHoof in forum High School and College
    Replies: 985
    Last Post: 01-12-2018, 10:19 AM
  3. 2012-2013 College Football Season
    By Nomad in forum High School and College
    Replies: 1194
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 05:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group