Page 24 of 211 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018-2019 College Football Season

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

There are many reasons I would sign this petition, but I realise no one cares. So I will just ask you this nomad, should they still have the tiger in a cage in the stadium during the games

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    There are many reasons I would sign this petition, but I realise no one cares. So I will just ask you this nomad, should they still have the tiger in a cage in the stadium during the games
    I wonder who it offends more, the tiger or a select number of people.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Let me guess. You're on the outside, looking in, thinking you know what's best. This tiger has been in captivity all it's life & was rescued, and is getting the best care it would get anywhere else. If this was a tiger captured in the wild, then brought in, it would be wrong.

https://www.lsu.edu/mikethetiger/facts.php

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Should the tiger still be in a cage in the stadium during the game?

Should the tiger still be in a cage in the stadium during the game?
    I don’t know. What problem do you have with it?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The current set up or the tiger in the cage during the game?

The current set up or the tiger in the cage during the game?
    Either/both

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Either/both
    Before I answer, do you see no issue with either?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That Tiger was the most pampered cat on the planet.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Before I answer, do you see no issue with either?
    First let’s establish I am engaging in open conversation. I’m not waiting to pounce. I could see a potential safety issue with the tiger in the cage during the game, or extreme anxiety on the animal IF it’s not accustomed to large crowds of people.

The condition and breed of the animal should be the majority of what decides if it remains in captivity, and the conditions of the captivity.

Some animals do better in captivity.

12. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

First let’s establish I am engaging in open conversation. I’m not waiting to pounce. I could see a potential safety issue with the tiger in the cage during the game, or extreme anxiety on the animal IF it’s not accustomed to large crowds of people.

The condition and breed of the animal should be the majority of what decides if it remains in captivity, and the conditions of the captivity.

Some animals do better in captivity.
    In that case I will pm you

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I wonder who it offends more, the tiger or a select number of people.
    Meh, i get Valar's concerns and that can be across the board with many mascots in College Football. As a kid i used to love to go to the Zoo or Seaworld but as i have gotten older im not that crazy about captive animals anymore, not because i think humans purposely mistreat them but that it really isnt all that humane to keep them in habitats like that. Im all for helping them out when they are hurt or sick but eventually they should be let back out into the wild or on reservations. If you have never seen it should watch "Blackfish" about the orcas that are kept in captivity in Seaworld. Its a huge eye opener on what we do as humans for entertainment and the type of housing that the animals (or in that case mammals) are kept in. For me its not so much about being offended as it is whether or not its the right thing to do. I realize there are people who dont hold animals to any kind of real value but for others it does mean a lot.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Meh, i get Valar's concerns and that can be across the board with many mascots in College Football. As a kid i used to love to go to the Zoo or Seaworld but as i have gotten older im not that crazy about captive animals anymore, not because i think humans purposely mistreat them but that it really isnt all that humane to keep them in habitats like that. Im all for helping them out when they are hurt or sick but eventually they should be let back out into the wild or on reservations. If you have never seen it should watch "Blackfish" about the orcas that are kept in captivity in Seaworld. Its a huge eye opener on what we do as humans for entertainment and the type of housing that the animals (or in that case mammals) are kept in. For me its not so much about being offended as it is whether or not its the right thing to do. I realize there are people who dont hold animals to any kind of real value but for others it does mean a lot.
    I am not even a fan of thunder, but at least that is a domesticated species.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

The tiger is fine in a cage during the game. No different than a dog or cat in a kennel on a flight. As soon as the game is over, he goes back to his facility.

This is what my buddy (From Oregon) wrote on Tigerfan........
    "Reminds me of keiko the whale, aka, free Willie,.. after the movies, he flourished in a gigantic pool, at the Oregon Aquarium in Newport, where he was the apple of our State's eye.

It was a sad day in July, '03, when the good hearted "Free Willie movement", forced his relocation to a fjord in Norway. There he was isolated from people whom he adored,.. penned in, he had no contact with other orcas either,.. Keiko died from pneumonia in 12/04 never having re-adapted to the wild.

Leave Mike where he is safe and loved."

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    That Tiger was the most pampered cat on the planet.
    That is an understatement.

The Buffalo is next CU fans.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information