Page 164 of 211 FirstFirst ... 64 114 154 162 163 164 165 166 174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 3152

Thread: 2018-2019 College Football Season

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don’t think it can happen today unless a team is independent like Notre Dame, which in and of itself is a conflating issue, because no one else can get the NBC deal other than Notre Dame which allows them to stay independent.
    I mean, UCF finished at 8. Had their QB not gone down and had 4 of the teams ahead of them lost again, they could have snuck in. Obviously they would have needed help, but if you're already at 8 you aren't far away.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    But non power 5 teams can compete. Boise State was ranked #2 I'm 2007 before they lost to Nevada, and they were going to play for the national title that year had they won. It certainly can happen, those teams just need a lot of things to line up for them.

It's just silly to say they shouldn't be allowed to be ranked just because the committee doesn't think they are a top 4 team.
    Em no, you are confused here methinks.

Im simply going by what Mo said about only power 5 conference teams competing for championships. If that is truly the case than teams like UCF should not be ranked if they simply have no chance of competing for one. Its not about whether teams like UCF can "compete" its whether or not they actually have a chance to compete for a title. If they dont than its nothing but a waste of a ranking spot for another team that actually has that chance. its not MY fault that the committee doesnt think an undefeated UCF doesnt belong in the top 4 even though they are UNDEFEATED.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I don’t think it can happen today unless a team is independent like Notre Dame, which in and of itself is a conflating issue, because no one else can get the NBC deal other than Notre Dame which allows them to stay independent.
    No, it cant happen. Not by what you are describing to me is the criteria.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I mean, UCF finished at 8. Had their QB not gone down and had 4 of the teams ahead of them lost again, they could have snuck in. Obviously they would have needed help, but if you're already at 8 you aren't far away.
    Em no, not according to what Mo is pointing out. Something tells me that had Bama lost and had ND lost UCF would still be on the outside looking in because of their schedule. A lot of pundits were saying had Bama lost to Georgia in the conference championship they still would have been in the playoffs. UCF would have still had to leap not only 1 loss ND (if they had lost) but OU and OSU which likely would not have happened.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    No, it cant happen. Not by what you are describing to me is the criteria.
    I just think to obtain the schedule you need to get to the playoff you have to have one of two things:

1.) Find a way to make independence solvent in order to schedule and play whoever you want wherever you want. This is nearly impossible. BYU, as an example, is struggling, and UMass is a mess. Idaho recently dropped back to FCS. The only other obvious example is Notre Dame, and they have a $15 million deal with NBC. That money rivals Big 12 and Pac 12 revenue, but is south of SEC and Big Ten revenue (per school, I think). So to try to generate revenue, non-power 5 schools have to be members of conferences. But...

2.) To be a member of a non-Power 5 conference, you can’t generate the schedule strength to compete in the rankings with conference champions and Notre Dame.

Is it explicitly possible without those two things? Yes, it’s theoretically possible. But you basically have to have no more than two undefeated teams and a whole bunch of three-loss Power 5 conference champs and conference runner-ups. That’s nearly impossible.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Why would LSU, Auburn and Florida agree to play them?

See, this is a two-way street. Florida has no incentive to play them in the non-conference because it can only hurt them.
    It’s the same problem Boise has had. Good teams in the power 5 avoid them like the plague during the regular season for 2 reasons: 1. It benefits them nothing if they get beat, and if they win it’s what they’re suppose to do 2. Money.

Boise usually offers teams 2 and 1 to play them and most decline.

UCF needs to lobby for some chick Fila bowl opening weekend games

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It’s the same problem Boise has had. Good teams in the power 5 avoid them like the plague during the regular season for 2 reasons: 1. It benefits them nothing if they get beat, and if they win it’s what they’re suppose to do 2. Money.

Boise usually offers teams 2 and 1 to play them and most decline.

UCF needs to lobby for some chick Fila bowl opening weekend games
    Agreed. UCF’s best non con bets are probably two-fers with Big Ten and Pac 12 teams, like Boise has had to go cross country to make they’re schedule better, i.e. the Georgia game.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I love you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I love you all.
    I love you too. Go drink some water.

14. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

UCF is entitled and whiny.

I hate water.

I love red bull
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    UCF is entitled and whiny.

I hate water.

I love red bull
    So like Kevin Durant?

Durant gave the same insight as to why Stars sometimes avoid LBJ or leave him as other outlets, Mo. You’re just being a dookie face.

Do you boys care about the Heisman?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not even slightly.

I haven't cared since this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AR-160617313.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	13408

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information