Page 163 of 211 FirstFirst ... 63 113 153 161 162 163 164 165 173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3152

Thread: 2018-2019 College Football Season

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    . You think Florida isn’t in the playoff if they’re undefeated?
    Not if their schedule is weaker than the others. Technically i think Georgia is better than ND but Georgia also has 2 loses with a tougher schedule. And if you are correct and UCF cant get into the playoffs unless they are in a certain conference than why are we even debating this? If thats the case than UCF does not belong period if that is the only criteria that matters. *shrugs*

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not if their schedule is weaker than the others. Technically i think Georgia is better than ND but Georgia also has 2 loses with a tougher schedule. And if you are correct and UCF cant get into the playoffs unless they are in a certain conference than why are we even debating this? If thats the case than UCF does not belong period if that is the only criteria that matters. *shrugs*
    Well, we’re debating this because the commissioner of the SEC and yourself both said they could fix this on their own, and that’s simply not true.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well, we’re debating this because the commissioner of the SEC and yourself both said they could fix this on their own, and that’s simply not true.
    So, you are in the belief that if UCF schedule to play LSU, Auburn, Florida, and lets say Utah or Wisconsin during the regular season and managed to beat them all plus the bad schools and go undefeated that they would not make the playoffs even with not being in a power conference? I have a hard time believing that personally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

UCF can get all the way to #8 playing nobodies nationally but if they beat teams in the top 5 power conferences still would not make the playoffs? I just dont see it otherwise why bother ranking UCF at all?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, you are in the belief that if UCF schedule to play LSU, Auburn, Florida, and lets say Utah or Wisconsin during the regular season and managed to beat them all plus the bad schools and go undefeated that they would not make the playoffs even with not being in a power conference? I have a hard time believing that personally.
    Why would LSU, Auburn and Florida agree to play them?

See, this is a two-way street. Florida has no incentive to play them in the non-conference because it can only hurt them.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Why would LSU, Auburn and Florida agree to play them?

See, this is a two-way street. Florida has no incentive to play them in the non-conference because it can only hurt them.
    Except would it hurt them? We really dont know how good UCF really is. Secondly, if its all about the power 5 and nothing else why are they even being ranked to begin with? If they have no legitimate shot to play for a championship why waste a ranked spot on them? Makes no sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Except would it hurt them? We really dont know how good UCF really is. Secondly, if its all about the power 5 and nothing else why are they even being ranked to begin with? If they have no legitimate shot to play for a championship why waste a ranked spot on them? Makes no sense.
    I’m not understanding your argument. They’re ranked because they’re in Division I. There’s almost no chance of them getting to the top 4 though because of the conference they play in. It’s not as simple as “fix your schedule.” There’s a lot of politics and power issues at hand.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I’m not understanding your argument. They’re ranked because they’re in Division I. There’s almost no chance of them getting to the top 4 though because of the conference they play in. It’s not as simple as “fix your schedule.” There’s a lot of politics and power issues at hand.
    The whole idea of being ranked is to get to the top 4 to compete for a championship. Division I or not if you are a team with no chance to compete for a title you dont belong in the rankings. IMO

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The whole idea of being ranked is to get to the top 4 to compete for a championship. Division I or not if you are a team with no chance to compete for a title you dont belong in the rankings. IMO
    I disagree that that's the only reason rankings exist.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So they should only rank 4 teams?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So they should only rank 4 teams?
    No, they should rank only teams in the top 5 power conferences since they are the only ones who can actually compete for a championship.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

This is deja vu every year discussing a team like UCF. I'm all for expanding the playoffs, and I'm all for LSU putting a team like UCF on their regular season schedule. I would have rather LSU played UCF at full strength. But one thing that frustrates me about LSU is they half ass in these bowl games. I believe they get Texas right out of the gate next season. LSU can't beat themselves on the chest like Superman, because they lost to Troy in Baton Rouge. I will hang that over their heads for a while

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Does UCF have a big fanbase, and alumni? What revenue can they bring to the 'big' conferences? Florida is already saturated with college programs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No, they should rank only teams in the top 5 power conferences since they are the only ones who can actually compete for a championship.
    But non power 5 teams can compete. Boise State was ranked #2 I'm 2007 before they lost to Nevada, and they were going to play for the national title that year had they won. It certainly can happen, those teams just need a lot of things to line up for them.

It's just silly to say they shouldn't be allowed to be ranked just because the committee doesn't think they are a top 4 team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    But non power 5 teams can compete. Boise State was ranked #2 I'm 2007 before they lost to Nevada, and they were going to play for the national title that year had they won. It certainly can happen, those teams just need a lot of things to line up for them.

It's just silly to say they shouldn't be allowed to be ranked just because the committee doesn't think they are a top 4 team.
    I don’t think it can happen today unless a team is independent like Notre Dame, which in and of itself is a conflating issue, because no one else can get the NBC deal other than Notre Dame which allows them to stay independent.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information