Page 101 of 211 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 3152

Thread: 2018-2019 College Football Season

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I never finished watching the game, what happened? I saw they won though.
    They won, but...

Intercepted a pass and while being tackled at the two, the linebacker fumbled it forward out of the end zone so, though they did nothing to deserve possession of the football, Cal got the ball on their own 20.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They won, but...

Intercepted a pass and while being tackled at the two, the linebacker fumbled it forward out of the end zone so, though they did nothing to deserve possession of the football, Cal got the ball on their own 20.
    That is the dumbest rule in football.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    At least the Arizona 'stop' girl smiled when the camera pointed at her. LSU fans are depressed today.

They won, but...

I’m not sure why this is dumb. The intercepting team was responsible for the ball being in the end zone in the first place so what ever happens there it’s on them. Had the offensive team fallen on the ball in the end zone it still would have been a touchback. Don’t want to lose the ball? Don’t fumble it,
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I’m not sure why this is dumb. The intercepting team was responsible for the ball being in the end zone in the first place so what ever happens there it’s on them. Had the offensive team fallen on the ball in the end zone it still would have been a touchback. Don’t want to lose the ball? Don’t fumble it,
    But they didn't fall on it in the endzone. They never possessed the ball, but got it back. There's no reason that a fumble by a team at the goalline that goes out of the endzone rather than out at the one should then turn the ball over. There's no difference between the two, except for that one is a few yards further. The team who receives the ball does nothing to deserve possession. It's a bad rule.

Edit/Add: The rule was applied correctly. The referees did nothing wrong.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

But they didn't fall on it in the endzone. They never possessed the ball, but got it back. There's no reason that a fumble by a team at the goalline that goes out of the endzone rather than out at the one should then turn the ball over. There's no difference between the two, except for that one is a few yards further. The team who receives the ball does nothing to deserve possession. It's a bad rule.
    Where would you put it? It didn’t go out of bounds between the goal lines so it won’t revert to where he fumbled it. I think there are some bad rules, but this isn’t one of them.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Where would you put it? It didn’t go out of bounds between the goal lines so it won’t revert to where he fumbled it. I think there are some bad rules, but this isn’t one of them.
    You put the ball where you put every fumbled ball forward that goes out of bounds. Spot of the fumble. Can you give me a reason why that's so punitive?

You put the ball where you put every fumbled ball forward that goes out of bounds. Spot of the fumble. Can you give me a reason why that's so punitive?
    The ball is dead either way, the ball is treated differently once it goes in the end zone. Let’s say the offense fumbled the ball and it went out of the back of the end zone. Are you in favor of that being a safety? I can’t get into the theory behind the rule because, frankly, I don’t know what it is. I just think that rewarding the team for not protecting the ball near the goal line would be a much worse rule.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The ball is dead either way, the ball is treated differently once it goes in the end zone. Let’s say the offense fumbled the ball and it went out of the back of the end zone. Are you in favor of that being a safety? I can’t get into the theory behind the rule because, frankly, I don’t know what it is. I just think that rewarding the team for not protecting the ball near the goal line would be a much worse rule.
    That is a rule, isn’t it? If the offensive team fumbles out of their own end zone, it’s a safety. That makes sense. You’re punished for going backwards.

The only way the opposing team should be able to gain possession of a football should be to actually gain possession of a football.

I accept on downs, there’s a reason for that, which is to maintain game flow and encourage teams to get first downs instead of running the equivalence of a Dean Smith four corners offense.

There’s no reason that fumbling out of your opponents end zone should be so punitive.

That is a rule, isn’t it? If the offensive team fumbles out of their own end zone, it’s a safety. That makes sense. You’re punished for going backwards.

The only way the opposing team should be able to gain possession of a football should be to actually gain possession of a football.

I accept on downs, there’s a reason for that, which is to maintain game flow and encourage teams to get first downs instead of running the equivalence of a Dean Smith four corners offense.

There’s no reason that fumbling out of your opponents end zone should be so punitive.
    Yes, that is the rule, but I’m confused, in the scenario where the offense fumbles it out of bounds the defense didn’t gain possession and not only will they get 2 points, they’ll get possession. On a normal backwards fumble the offense can recover. It’s the same thing in my mind.

Just as an aside, I’m not saying you’re wrong. The rules are confusing and somewhat arbitrary. If you think this is confusing, try reading part of the rulebook if you can get your hands on one. They’re very much written in legalese.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yes, that is the rule, but I’m confused, in the scenario where the offense fumbles it out of bounds the defense didn’t gain possession and not only will they get 2 points, they’ll get possession. On a normal backwards fumble the offense can recover. It’s the same thing in my mind.
    But you’re being punished for going backwards too far. That makes sense.

In this case you’re losing the football because you went forward too far?

Can’t acknowledge or “incite” the fans in the stands, either. College players have to be careful how much they celebrate with home fans too.
    Yep, we’re always on the lookout for TD celebrations, but I thought the “horns down” UNS was weak.

15. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

But you’re being punished for going backwards too far. That makes sense.

In this case you’re losing the football because you went forward too far?
    I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. Haha

17. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Yep, we’re always on the lookout for TD celebrations, but I thought the “horns down” UNS was weak.
    I was watching a Wash state HS game on Friday night......Kennedy vs Puyallup. A kid made a touchdown, his teammate ran up to do the chest bump, and the ref threw the flag for unsportsmanlike conduct. I was like WTF....really.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information