Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The root of Elway's problem finding the right QB

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Even a blind pig will find a truffle once in his life. That play was Tebow's truffle. There was not to be another.
    Yeah it was a amazing moment too have your only throw ever though. Playoffs, Overtime, sudden death for the game winner man the crowd exploded.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yes.

Okay. Your posts had a negative vibe to them. Just making sure...
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    Yeah it was a amazing moment too have your only throw ever though. Playoffs, Overtime, sudden death for the game winner man the crowd exploded.
    To. One 'o.'

Please continue.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    To. One 'o.'

Please continue.
    His keyboard doesn’t math very well either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    His keyboard doesn’t math very well either.
    Just one 'o.' It'll drive me crazy.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Tebow and Bay Bay beat the Steelers in the playoffs when we should have been 4-12. Best upside season ever. I was there. It was amazing.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Tebow and Bay Bay beat the Steelers in the playoffs when we should have been 4-12. Best upside season ever. I was there. It was amazing.
    Weren’t you also at SB 50?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Well yes. Wasn’t everyone here?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I was there in soul and spirit, just like the 6 before that.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Whatever you have to tell yourself

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Whatever you have to tell yourself
    Im not telling myself anything. Im telling you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Im not telling myself anything. Im telling you.
    It’s bouncing off me because you’re a bore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I am disappointed i dont excite you.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Not everyone, but a lot of people were here. Me involved m included

Yeah, but it was obvious to Elway at the time that it was unsustainable. That team with Tebow could never have repeated their success from that season. They needed to find a new QB and Elway knew it and was determined to do it.

Fans remember the overtime win against the Steelers but seem to forget the 45-10 soul crushing humiliation in Foxborough by Tom Brady.

Lest anybody forget what Tebow REALLY WAS, here a gentle reminder:

"The Patriots jumped out to a 14–0 lead in the first quarter, with quarterback Tom Brady throwing a pair of touchdown passes—a 7-yarder to wide receiver Wes Welker and a 10-yarder to tight end Rob Gronkowski. The Broncos responded at the beginning of the second quarter, with running back Willis McGahee rushing for a 5-yard touchdown, but the Patriots subsequently added to lead, with Brady throwing three more touchdown passes—a 12-yarder to Gronkowski, a 61-yarder to wide receiver Deion Branch followed by a 19-yarder to Gronkowski just before halftime.
    So, let's stop there. The Patriots jumped out to a 14 point lead in the first quarter. The Broncos responded early in the 2nd Quarter making it 14-7 Patriots. At that point the game seemed like it might be competitive.

But, then Brady just marched down the field for 3 more TDs before half-time. 5 TDs in the first half, 35 points.

It was game over in the second quarter. And the biggest reason was Tim Tebow. He was crushed in that game. Literally. He played the game seriously hurt because his stupid "I'm going to run around like a hero out there and the fans think it's great seeing me tuck and run and dive head first into a pile of defenders for a first down."

There's a reason why QBs do not do that, because the ones who do tend not to last too long or have too much sustained success.

But we don't need to belabor the rest of Tebow's career. He flammed out with the Broncos, Jets and Patriots after he was re-united with Josh McMoron and the Cheatriots.

If McDaniels with that New England organization couldn't get anything out of Tim Tebow NOBODY was going to. Those dudes have managed for years to get amazing performances out of their players. And Players who leave the Patriots and go elsewhere rarely have the same success they had in NE.

If Tebow had any ability to become an established NFL QB he could have done it there in NE. In short he had the opportunity to become what Jimmy Garapolo actually became - a first line starter in the NFL and ultimately get traded to another team where he would be given the opportunity to become an NFL star. The Garapolo story, but with Tebow as Garapolo. He was there first.

The Patriots continued their onslaught in the third quarter, with a 17-yard touchdown pass to tight end Aaron Hernandez. A 41-yard field goal by Broncos' placekicker Matt Prater made the score 42–10. The Patriots added to their lead early in the fourth quarter, with a 20-yard field goal by placekicker Stephen Gostkowski, which would be the last scoring play of the game by either team, sealing the win for New England"
    "And The Beat Goes On!"
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R-1400841-1216505471.jpeg.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	12849
    This lopsided beating brought conclusion, at least for the season, to one of the most inspiring stories of competitive spirit the NFL has seen in years. Tebow was adored by the masses, rebuffed by the experts and had virtually no chance from the get-go against the Patriots.
    Enough said.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-18-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information