Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The root of Elway's problem finding the right QB

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    The elite quarterback is the best way too be relevant year in year out for contention.
    REALLY?! Wow!

Are you in NY
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    One could argue that he is lucky, because Manning fell in his lap.
    He had competition from 3 other teams and went about his business in landing the best FA of all time. You say lucky? I say - he’d do it like a boss.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    One could argue that he is lucky, because Manning fell in his lap.
    He had competition from 3 other teams and went about his business in landing the best FA of all time. You say lucky? I say - he’d do it like a boss.
    It wasnt even worth a response.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

6. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    I’m not taking away from what he did as an exec in his first four years, it was awesome. But he just so happened to desperately need a quarterback the year that the greatest free agent to ever hit the quarterback market hit the market. And his neck turned out to be just fine. There was luck involved in that.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

hey isnt tebow the only bronco qb drafted to win a playoff game or something?

i heard that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    REALLY?! Wow!

Are you in NY
    Yes really, I'm glad I could break that news for you guy's.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Elway loves the prototypical big arm big QB. But he always drafts guys with huge upside and very low downside.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    hey isnt tebow the only bronco qb drafted to win a playoff game or something?

i heard that somewhere.
    Incorrect on 3 accounts:

1) In the game that you're referring to, Demaryius Thomas caught a barely adequate throw from Tebow, against a busted Steelers' D, then out ran everyone for about 70 yards to the endzone for the 80 yard winning TD. Yes, Tebow had a solid 1st half of that game, but the D played great the entire game. So why should Tebow get 100% credit for that win?

2) After the 2010 Chicago Bears went 10-5 with Jay Cuter (2006 1st round pick) as QB (11-5 overall), wich got them a 1st round bye, they advance to the NFCCG by defeating the Seattle Seahawks in NFCDR. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1101160chi.htm

3) After the 2002 Pittsburg Steelers went 7-3-1 with Tommy Mattox (1992 1st round pick & Elway's 1st heir apparent) as QB (10-5-1 overall), they defeated the Cleveland Browns in the AFCWC round. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0301050pit.htm
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Incorrect on 3 accounts:

1) In the game that you're referring to, Demaryius Thomas caught a barely adequate throw from Tebow, against a busted Steelers' D, then out ran everyone for about 70 yards to the endzone for the 80 yard winning TD. Yes, Tebow had a solid 1st half of that game, but the D played great the entire game. So why should Tebow get 100% credit for that win?

2) After the 2010 Chicago Bears went 10-5 with Jay Cuter (2006 1st round pick) as QB (11-5 overall), wich got them a 1st round bye, they advance to the NFCCG by defeating the Seattle Seahawks in NFCDR. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...1101160chi.htm

3) After the 2002 Pittsburg Steelers went 7-3-1 with Tommy Mattox (1992 1st round pick & Elway's 1st heir apparent) as QB (10-5-1 overall), they defeated the Cleveland Browns in the AFCWC round. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...0301050pit.htm
    sorry i meant only QB drafted by broncos to win a playoff game for the broncos.

So jay cutler doing it for the bears is meh and maddox for steelers is even more meh

and yes he threw for a playoff record against the #1 D in football.

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Incorrect on 3 accounts:

Sorry but that throw too Thomas was Tebow best throw of his entire NFL career. Doesn't matter what coverage they played, they played zero help because they wanted too stop tebows read action early in downs and they committed to it and tebow burned them with the strike across the middle on a perfect throw hitting Thomas in stride so h could turn on the jets and deliver a brutal stuff arm to the face.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived ChubbNYiadom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    Sorry but that throw too Thomas was Tebow best throw of his entire NFL career. Doesn't matter what coverage they played, they played zero help because they wanted too stop tebows read action early in downs and they committed to it and tebow burned them with the strike across the middle on a perfect throw hitting Thomas in stride so h could turn on the jets and deliver a brutal stuff arm to the face.
    Even a blind pig will find a truffle once in his life. That play was Tebow's truffle. There was not to be another.

17. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I’m not taking away from what he did as an exec in his first four years, it was awesome. But he just so happened to desperately need a quarterback the year that the greatest free agent to ever hit the quarterback market hit the market. And his neck turned out to be just fine. There was luck involved in that.
    There is luck involved in nearly every success story, you sawed off rabble-rouser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

19. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    There is luck involved in nearly every success story, you sawed off rabble-rouser.
    Yeah, I'll stand by the amount of luck it took for the Broncos to need a quarterback at exactly the right time that Peyton Manning was available.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Yeah, I'll stand by the amount of luck it took for the Broncos to need a quarterback at exactly the right time that Peyton Manning was available.
    About the same amount of luck as the Colts had that same year? Or maybe the luck the Patriots had when drafting a QB in round 6? Or when GB signed Reggie White?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    About the same amount of luck as the Colts had that same year? Or maybe the luck the Patriots had when drafting a QB in round 6? Or when GB signed Reggie White?
    Yes.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information