Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Vikings 08/11/18

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    I have a question, what does Lynch have too do in these pre season games too get fan's and certain media folks off his back?
    I would guess that he would have to show that he actually knows what he is doing when on the field. Sometimes he looks clueless, other times impatient

2. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    only 3 quarterbacks in camp this year?
    Interesting to see Sloter on the other side.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Football is back, baby! Can't wait to tune in for this. Looking forward to seeing these guys on the field for the first time, especially Sutton, Hamilton, Chubb (obvi), Jewell. Funny to see Siemian and Sloter on the other side. Just hope no one gets hurt and maybe see if there's any sign that the offense will be better. I'm excited!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

No injuries....look what happened to Guice. Looking forward to Keenum & his offense, and seeing how the defense plays.

I have a question, what does Lynch have too do in these pre season games too get fan's and certain media folks off his back?
    Play well? You act like he’s been the victim of a witch hunt, which is not the case. He has been given a lot of opportunities and has yet to show he can move the chains and make good decisions.

10. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Happy Gameday, Broncos fans.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 7 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Any number of things really,

1) Show that he is disciplined and actually learning the playbook.
    2) Improvement in his reads and progressions.
    3) Composure in the pocket
    4) Not folding mentally when things go bad (ie maturity)

When a team spends a first round pick on you there is a level of expectations that come with it. Lynch has had 2 years now to grasp what the pro level is all about and needs to show that he is actually getting better and improving. He needs to show that he can be the future for Denver or at the very least a starter for some other team if Keenum ends up working out. The problem for Paxton is he has yet to separate himself from guys like Siemian or Kelly. If he cant do that in year 3 than its safe to say he was a reach on our part and probably will end up as a journeyman QB or not even in the league anymore.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    There has not been a lot of glowing reports about Chubb so far. I am anxious to see how he looks.
    I’ve heard that the highlight of his pro career so far was getting to hug me.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I’ve heard that the highlight of his pro career so far was getting to hug me.
    Did you give him a reach around?

EDIT: Never mind. I just googled the meaning and it's not what I thought it was.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Play well? You act like he’s been the victim of a witch hunt, which is not the case. He has been given a lot of opportunities and has yet to show he can move the chains and make good decisions.
    Why are you getting pumped up with me? I'm just asking a legitimate question because they e wqs a bias against Lynch for year's now it's no secret, fan's and media seem to have the kid because he cant play the toughest position in the league his first couple year's. I'm not acting like anything, I don't have any faith in Lynch qnd Kelly right now as I've said time and time again.

But thanks for the semi legitimate response.

Playing well is a broad statement..... I was looking for specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I would guess that he would have to show that he actually knows what he is doing when on the field. Sometimes he looks clueless, other times impatient
    Thanks for your response.

Any word on how much Lynch and Kelly are playing?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Why are you getting pumped up with me? I'm just asking a legitimate question because they e wqs a bias against Lynch for year's now it's no secret, fan's and media seem to have the kid because he cant play the toughest position in the league his first couple year's. I'm not acting like anything, I don't have any faith in Lynch qnd Kelly right now as I've said time and time again.

But thanks for the semi legitimate response.

Playing well is a broad statement..... I was looking for specifics.
    I want Lynch to actually care about playing well. It seems he is content just putting on the uniform. I don't see any passion, or effort to play well.

He did it at memphis, so we know he can be a good QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Any number of things really,

1) Show that he is disciplined and actually learning the playbook.
    2) Improvement in his reads and progressions.
    3) Composure in the pocket
    4) Not folding mentally when things go bad (ie maturity)

When a team spends a first round pick on you there is a level of expectations that come with it. Lynch has had 2 years now to grasp what the pro level is all about and needs to show that he is actually getting better and improving. He needs to show that he can be the future for Denver or at the very least a starter for some other team if Keenum ends up working out. The problem for Paxton is he has yet to separate himself from guys like Siemian or Kelly. If he cant do that in year 3 than its safe to say he was a reach on our part and probably will end up as a journeyman QB or not even in the league anymore.
    Good post. I agree, he definitely has too separate himself from yet another terrible quarterback.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information