Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 'Playmaker' Chad Kelly needs No. 2 reps sooner, not later

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Not even close. Lynch's accuracy is more than suspect. If it weren't for Tebow, I'd say his accuracy is about the worst I've seen suit up for Denver. He's dumb at a smart man position. What did he get on his Wonderlic? 18? How did that rank? 12.5 is guessing! I'm plenty unbiased. We wasted draft picks, that's with an s. High picks on Lynch. It is time to move on.
    Dan Marino got a 16 on his wonderlic. Ryan Fitzpatrick got like a 48. That's not really a good predictor of success.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Dan Marino got a 16 on his wonderlic. Ryan Fitzpatrick got like a 48. That's not really a good predictor of success.

NFL offenses are complex but not exactly calculus.

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    I kind of agree, keeping 3 quarterbacks might not be an option this year, Kelly is going to end up on the practice squad because your back-up cannot have zero experience.
    That's exactly my point! If you're Cleveland Pro-Football Focus guys are already questioning why they don't just put Baker Mayfield in to start right now, instead of Tyrod Taylor. Why waste time? It's not as if they are competing for anything this year, they are still the Browns, they still suck plenty bad despite drafting Mayfield and Round 2, Pick 1 (No. 33 overall): Austin Corbett, T, Nevada

Andy Benoit's grade: C+

With Joe Thomas retired, the Browns apparently don’t want to gamble on long-armed 2016 third-rounder Shon Coleman developing into Baker Mayfield’s blindside guardian. At 6' 4" and 306 pounds, Corbett doesn’t have the ideal size, which is why many figured he might play guard in the NFL. But with Joel Bitonio and Kevin Zeitler already occupying these spots, the Browns clearly believe their newest lineman can play outside.
    They also added RB Nick Chubb, and their fans will never let them forget that they drafted the wrong Chubb when Bradley Chubb turns into a perennial All-Pro!

In short, they still suck plenty bad. But, the Broncos aren't in that category! They still have the bones of a SB defense, which could be close to what they were in 2015 if Chubb really becomes an All-Pro DE/DT. It's not for nothing that Von Miller about had an orgasm when Chubb was drafted.

Von Miller reacts to Bradley Chubb pick!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-www.denverpost.com-2018-08-11-10-34-21.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	12785

I'd say Miller knows what he's talking about. He hasn't had the same impact since Malik Jackson left and DeMarcus Ware retired. Now suddenly the Broncos add the best defensive player in the entire NFL draft.

That makes a big difference. He can see that in a year or two the Broncos defense could be right back to #1 in the NFL status (even if it will never be as good as the magic year of 2015).

The offense with Case Keenum will certainly be better than the 2015 Peyton offense when Peyton couldn't throw a forward pass due to his foot injury.

Did we forget the Cleveland game when Peyton threw a pick-six and then another pick in over-time giving the Browns the ball on Denver's 40? Game over, except the defense bailed them out and they won in over-time.

Surely Case can play better than that so the defense won't have to be as good. How much better? Well, we'll see.

But, it's not insane to think that Nick Foles can win the SB, it's at least possible for Case Keenum to do it, IF the rest of the team is good enough.

So, Elway has drafted a bunch of studs to put around him. Whether it works or not remains to be determined. But, at least it's a viable plan.

But if that plan has any chance of success, they absolutely NEED a veteran QB who can come in and start 4 games and not totally suck, giving the team a chance to win. He might not be very good but he knows what he's doing and he's not going to make it hard on the defense by turning the ball over or making stupid rookie mistakes.

And neither Paxton nor Kelly provides that! Paxton is worthless and Kelly never started an NFL game before.

If you throw out the Wonderlic, Lynch is still plenty dumb. Sometimes "football smart" guys score low on the wonderlic but are great QBs, but lots of times dumb guys are just dumb.

Vince Young scored a 15 on the Wonderlic, and he proved to be just as dumb as his test score indicated. Paxton is another one. "College Grad from Memphis U, went in dumb, came out dumb too."

5. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

By itself no. As part of an evaluation it sure is. There are outliers for everything.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That's exactly my point! If you're Cleveland Pro-Football Focus guys are already questioning why they don't just put Baker Mayfield in to start right now, instead of Tyrod Taylor. Why waste time? It's not as if they are competing for anything this year, they are still the Browns, they still suck plenty bad despite drafting Mayfield and Round 2, Pick 1 (No. 33 overall): Austin Corbett, T, Nevada

They also added RB Nick Chubb, and their fans will never let them forget that they drafted the wrong Chubb when Bradley Chubb turns into a perennial All-Pro!

In short, they still suck plenty bad. But, the Broncos aren't in that category! They still have the bones of a SB defense, which could be close to what they were in 2015 if Chubb really becomes an All-Pro DE/DT. It's not for nothing that Von Miller about had an orgasm when Chubb was drafted.

Von Miller reacts to Bradley Chubb pick!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-www.denverpost.com-2018-08-11-10-34-21.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	12785

I'd say Miller knows what he's talking about. He hasn't had the same impact since Malik Jackson left and DeMarcus Ware retired. Now suddenly the Broncos add the best defensive player in the entire NFL draft.

That makes a big difference. He can see that in a year or two the Broncos defense could be right back to #1 in the NFL status (even if it will never be as good as the magic year of 2015).

The offense with Case Keenum will certainly be better than the 2015 Peyton offense when Peyton couldn't throw a forward pass due to his foot injury.

Did we forget the Cleveland game when Peyton threw a pick-six and then another pick in over-time giving the Browns the ball on Denver's 40? Game over, except the defense bailed them out and they won in over-time.

Surely Case can play better than that so the defense won't have to be as good. How much better? Well, we'll see.

But, it's not insane to think that Nick Foles can win the SB, it's at least possible for Case Keenum to do it, IF the rest of the team is good enough.

So, Elway has drafted a bunch of studs to put around him. Whether it works or not remains to be determined. But, at least it's a viable plan.

But if that plan has any chance of success, they absolutely NEED a veteran QB who can come in and start 4 games and not totally suck, giving the team a chance to win. He might not be very good but he knows what he's doing and he's not going to make it hard on the defense by turning the ball over or making stupid rookie mistakes.

And neither Paxton nor Kelly provides that! Paxton is worthless and Kelly never started an NFL game before.
    It's not that they Nick Chubb, it's that they took Ward the corner out OSU with the 4th overall pick when they could have Bradley Chubb.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Josh Allen Stats
    9/19 116yds 47% Completion 1 td 84 QBR

Chad Kelly Stats
    14 / 21 177 yds 66% Completion 2 tds 1 int 104 QBR

Josh Rosen
    6/13 41 yds 46% Completion 54 QBR

Darnold
    13/18 96 yds 76% completion 1 td 103 QBR

9. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I wouldnt give Kelly 2nd teams reps for being a practice super hero. But I would give him some now after 1st preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Josh Allen Stats
    9/19 116yds 47% Completion 1 td 84 QBR

Chad Kelly Stats
    14 / 21 177 yds 66% Completion 2 tds 1 int 104 QBR

Josh Rosen
    6/13 41 yds 46% Completion 54 QBR

Darnold
    13/18 96 yds 76% completion 1 td 103 QBR
    I think Baker Mayfield looked pretty good too.

I actually think the Brown's are in good hands with there future franchise quarterback Mayfield , and they do havve a good amount of talent that may start peaking very soon. They should have taken Chubb yes, but if ward turns into an great corner they'll still feel good about themselves especially since they have a future franchise quarterback and very good talent on both sides of the ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    I actually think the Brown's are in good hands with there future franchise quarterback Mayfield , and they do havve a good amount of talent that may start peaking very soon. They should have taken Chubb yes, but if ward turns into an great corner they'll still feel good about themselves especially since they have a future franchise quarterback and very good talent on both sides of the ball.
    So now, Cleveland is better off than the Broncos.

How high a price we are paying for the Manning years.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

You mean going to 2 Super Bowls and winning one?

15. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

You mean going to 2 Super Bowls and winning one?
    Im not complaining. Im thrilled about the run with PFM it was like a dream.

But Its one thing to be beaten by better talent and another to be beaten all by yourself. VJ is lost out there and they are totally unprepared. Elway should have never considered him let alone hire him.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

17. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Face to face, out in the heat
    Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
    They stack the odds 'till we take to the street
    For the kill with the skill to survive
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

we already have a solid veteran backup.

his name is Case Keesum

21. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information