Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings

Default Greetings

Hello, folks. I'm 39 (about to be 40) from PA and I've just selected the Denver Broncos as my favorite NFL team.
    No, I'm not joking around.
    As a kid, I never really had a loyalty to any team in particular. As an impressionable teenager, I fell in love with the Jim Harbaugh-led Indianapolis Colts and their magical playoff run. Lucky for me (and apparently you guys), the Colts drafted a guy named Peyton Manning shortly thereafter, and being a Colts fan was easy.
    However, I'm a College Football fan through and through. My passion lies with the Michigan Wolverines, and always will. Because of the energy put forth in watching College Football all day every Saturday, Sundays took a back seat, and I couldn't in good consciousness be a "Colts fan" and never watch. In fact, I didn't watch the NFL for quite some time. But lately, I feel like I've been missing out on the fun of the Sundays, so I decided it's time to pick a team, get behind them, and follow them. Hopefully this is the start of a beautiful relationship.

My reasoning for the Broncos? Well, I've always enjoyed the team. Elway was awesome while I was growing up, and quite honestly, I liked the colors. I also like cold weather, stingy type teams. And a defensive team was a must. I considered the Vikings for a moment, but **** Kurt Cousins

Glad to be on board. Looking forward to learning about the team, adopting some favorite players, and enjoying my inaugural run as a Broncos fan.

I'm open for questions at this time.

Best to all,
    Balki

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Balki For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Um. Welcome?

supposed to be impressed because one reason you like Denver is because of their colors or something?

I don't understand some first time poster's posts because of what they say sounds just dumb, and then they jumble it all together like an illiterate.

This is even worse than a bandwagon fan imo
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Jesus dude, some welcome wagon.

What do you care why they became a fan. I say welcome aboard. Anyone who picks a team a year after they win 5 games is not a bandwagon fan.

5. The Following 7 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Um. Welcome?

supposed to be impressed because one reason you like Denver is because of their colors or something?

I don't understand some first time poster's posts because of what they say sounds just dumb, and then they jumble it all together like an illiterate.

This is even worse than a bandwagon fan imo
    So it only took 45 seconds to find the first ***** on this board. Thanks for the kind words. Let's hope the rest of this board doesn't embarrass themselves like you did, else there are plenty of other forums on the internet

7. The Following 12 Users High Fived Balki For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I did say Welcome

There are plentt of people here who jumped on the bandwagon back in the day but they stayed a Fan Tahts how i meant it

The Knicks and Mets where blue and orange too! Are Broncos faithful a fan of them too?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Welcome. Hope you stick around for longer than most.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I did say Welcome

There are plentt of people here who jumped on the bandwagon back in the day but they stayed a Fan Tahts how i meant it

The Knicks and Mets where blue and orange too! Are Broncos faithful a fan of them too?
    And I'm the one who jumbles their post all together and sounds like an illiterate

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Balki For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Welcome. Hope you stick around for longer than most.
    Oh, I don't think you'll have to worry too much about that.

Hey welcome

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Hey welcome
    Welcome to our board PatsGuy

16. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Hey man, welcome!

I liked the colors too..... But that was due to my inherently bigoted upbringing on the west of Scotland where orange equals protestant.

I am getting more and more into college ball, I flirted with a few teams Tennessee because the color, Manning and a guy on here, looked at Penn State as I saw them in Ireland..... But now I am fairly fixed on the buffs.

Hope you hang around and are not a reincarnation of yash (long story), a bot or a Russia agent.

18. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Welcome to our board PatsGuy
    Thanks I've been lurking for a long time but I am ready to shine!!

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Welcome. Shazam needs a snickers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Hey Balki
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Balki, you sound a lot like me. I threw the gauntlet down for the broncos in my late 30s/early 40s by signing on as member of a fan forum that is no longer around. unlike you, I didn't have much working knowledge of football and got made fun of a lot for that and other things. it's pretty fun being a broncos fan, you came on board at a good time, eff Shazam, he's a grumpy ****. Jake Plummer was at the helm when I announced my fandom. Oh, and if it wasn't Denver, it would have been Minnesota for me. anyway, Welcome aboard

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information