Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Blockchain/crypto

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The reason why people can't afford homes isn't because of the fed.

But it won't change your mind because your narrative is what you're wedded to.
    right....

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

im putting my $ where my mouth is. Ill be shorting next CPI release on growth

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    right....
    If you only knew what I knew.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

What economic degree do you have? What specialty do you hold? What academic or business achievements do you have?
    You don't either.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    It sure likes there is a big reset coming. It is going to be real interesting and likely ugly and I am not just talking about crypto.

I do find it funny that in one of the links and articles posted they said what I have been saying for a while now. Crypto is changing the world just like the world wide web did. I said this a while back. Got mocked. And again for like the trillionth time its not the stock market side of crypto. I almost feel like a conspiracy theorist with how deep some of this shit goes.

There is the whole "Old ways die hard. Cant teach an old dog new tricks thing" which is very very evident. At the same time some of those "old rich white folks (men)" are smart enough to know they are over the hill and defer and thus extend their hierarchy. It is absolutely amazing and creepy as hell. Listen to me. I sound like a weird tin foil whacko now. Oh god.lol. What have I turned into? hahaha.

But the things I have been privy too lately...............I had a whole bunched typed out but have thought smarter about it. Deleted.

Guys..Gals...Theys...Thems. Waves.
    Educate yourselves now on NFTs and try and stay away from the "autographed sports card" or "my cool artwork". Deleted again.
    Whatever.
    Just do what you want. Do what you do and feels good for you. That is the end result most strive for anyway.
    NFTs are going to blow up some of my shit I can't wait
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

6. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Its a fact that regulations most of the time are meant to hurt the little guy instead of these massive institutions that use algos to trade.
    I'll quibble.

Regulations are responses to fraud and harm to the public by elected representatives.

Often these regulations are toothless because of regulatory capture or lobbyist input to defang real change. In extreme cases, lobbyist provisions that give the big players sneaky backdoors are baked into the final version, whole cloth.

Often, it's the little or medium guy that is the easy fish to catch that shows the regulations do, in fact, have teeth.

Often, the big players get told behind the scenes to check theyself before they wreck theyself because, if called on the carpet in close cases, they have the resources to challenge the government enforcing the regulation.

This should be common sense anyways, and I'm not even sure that it's that awful, except for the corruption and fraud that's implied by this system. But good luck finding any governmental scheme (or any culture, etc.) without corruption and fraud.

Oh man. I must be drinking, I'm blabbing about political stuff, albeit non-partisan type, in a non politics forum. Oy vey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The reason why people can't afford homes isn't because of the fed.
    Out of curiosity, have you read the Jekyll Island book or watched Money Masters documentary?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Out of curiosity, have you read the Jekyll Island book or watched Money Masters documentary?
    I have not. My economic knowledge aside from reading a lot of articles from a variety and varied sources stems from macro analysis of outcomes. From a degree that would be better known as law and society studies.

I'll add that book to the list, but how can I get to it with all this chess homework you gave me?

12. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

This admin just keeps getting worse.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Nothing says failed government like trying to ram thru a crypto tax on people in a "infrastructure" bill. Nothing to do with infrastructure. Failing country.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Nothing says failed government like trying to ram thru a crypto tax on people in a "infrastructure" bill. Nothing to do with infrastructure. Failing country.
    The taxation already exists. That's what you don't seem to grasp. When you generate income you have to report it. From day one the second someone made a profit on crypto it was taxable.

An infrastructure bill is a bill that requires funding. A bill that requires funding, when important -like infrastructure is- needs to pass. So you have a functioning country. I'm sorry that you believed this was some magical non-taxable way to make a living/money. But it was never going to be that way.

It amazes me how people want to live in a country but not pay for it. The faux oppression in this thread is maddening. When your argument goes "people aren't paying taxes on what they're supposed to and now the government wants that money and to use it on vital projects and that's unfair," you have an insane argument.

An utterly insane and logically indefensible argument.

But yeah, the government is failing because the government wants to tax/amend taxation on something that was always taxable. I guess if that's your bag, go for it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

The taxation already exists. That's what you don't seem to grasp. When you generate income you have to report it. From day one the second someone made a profit on crypto it was taxable.

An infrastructure bill is a bill that requires funding. A bill that requires funding, when important -like infrastructure is- needs to pass. So you have a functioning country. I'm sorry that you believed this was some magical non-taxable way to make a living/money. But it was never going to be that way.

It amazes me how people want to live in a country but not pay for it. The faux oppression in this thread is maddening. When your argument goes "people aren't paying taxes on what they're supposed to and now the government wants that money and to use it on vital projects and that's unfair," you have an insane argument.

An utterly insane and logically indefensible argument.

But yeah, the government is failing because the government wants to tax/amend taxation on something that was always taxable. I guess if that's your bag, go for it.
    First of all, i already pay taxes on crypto. I pay taxes out the ass on about half of the trades i make. This is taxing miners and other crypto related business as brokers. Do you understand what that means? Meaning they wont be able to exist anymore in the United States. An entire industry that has a really good looking future here in the home of the "free". Is now being targeted as President Xi targeted crypto miners this year. The parallels are disturbing to say the least.

And you come here arguing that the gov has the right to know where my money is, how much i have, when i have committed no crime. This is another part of that bill. Surveillance of the currency and transactions. Which is ******* insane when you consider the dark pools on wall st.

It is a failing gov. And if it wants to take my money so some un elected bureaucrat sends it to gender studies in Pakistan, it shouldn't need to tax me for it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

First of all, i already pay taxes on crypto. I pay taxes out the ass on about half of the trades i make. This is taxing miners and other crypto related business as brokers. Do you understand what that means? Meaning they wont be able to exist anymore in the United States. An entire industry that has a really good looking future here in the home of the "free". Is now being targeted as President Xi targeted crypto miners this year. The parallels are disturbing to say the least.

And you come here arguing that the gov has the right to know where my money is, how much i have, when i have committed no crime. This is another part of that bill. Surveillance of the currency and transactions. Which is ******* insane when you consider the dark pools on wall st.
    You pay fees on making trades, great. That's not income earned. Pointing to that is immaterial.

And of course miners are de facto brokers. That's common sense.

Regarding the taxation and not existing in the united states - if that basic regulation means that it cannot exist in the country then it means any regulation was going to send it out of here.

The government has an interest in knowing where 'money' being created by its' citizens exists given all the shady stuff that comes with CC, especially the environmental aspects of it.

Sorry, anti-regulation arguments with no substance will convince no one. We get it, you hate the government. Germany, India, South Korea, etc, are all regulating it. So please don't pretend this is some crazy authoritarian scheme.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Crazy how that works as an argument for higher taxes.

But you'd complain about that, too.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information