Nah. I'm good.
    Civil disobedience this is not.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Nah. I'm good.
    Civil disobedience this is not.
    idk what that means bro. All I know is it's easy to point your finger at a circle and point and critique when you aren't in it.

If you HAD holdings of stocks or Cryptos, I promise you that you'd be looking for ways to circumvent taxes and save every dollar that you earned. But because you don't, it's easy to point fingers.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

idk what that means bro. All I know is it's easy to point your finger at a circle and point and critique when you aren't in it.

If you HAD holdings of stocks or Cryptos, I promise you that you'd be looking for ways to circumvent taxes and save every dollar that you earned. But because you don't, it's easy to point fingers.
    No. Because I am man that honors the law. And in the past if I have found laws to be unjust I use the democratic and republican form/s of government that we have to change them.

I'm going to presume you didn't literally mean that all cryptos/stock holders are looking for ways to break the law. Because if that's what you meant, then you literally just proved a lot of people right.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

No. Because I am man that honors the law. And in the past if I have found laws to be unjust I use the democratic and republican form/s of government that we have to change them.

I'm going to presume you didn't literally mean that all cryptos/stock holders are looking for ways to break the law. Because if that's what you meant, then you literally just proved a lot of people right.
    I didn't say that at all and you know I didn't.

You should get some holdings before you criticize people wanting to keep their money. I know that sounds ridiculous to you young people, but be in the position first before pointing fingers.

Just like the whole student debt cancel thing? Where do you stand on that hmmm?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I didn't say that at all and you know I didn't.

You should get some holdings before you criticize people wanting to keep their money. I know that sounds ridiculous to you young people, but be in the position first before pointing fingers.

Just like the whole student debt cancel thing? Where do you stand on that hmmm?
    I told you to obey the law and pay your taxes. You said no, because it's your money in cryptos. I didn't misrepresent anything.

I'm 33, unfortunately I'm not all that young.

I have no idea what comparison you're trying to make with student debt. But I would tell someone if they are unhappy with their student debt, if they felt boned by it then exercise your rights as a citizen and lobby your politicians to come up with relief or a trade-off program.

Which would be my point: if taxes make you so unhappy vote for pols who will either lower them or shift the burden onto people -like Musk- who pay nothing in taxes.

Enjoy your day.

6. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

If it's really currency then pay taxes on it.

If it's not real currency then don't.
    thats cool. Lets charge every retail trader broker taxes. Stock market would die over night.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    thats cool. Lets charge every retail trader broker taxes. Stock market would die over night.
    Are you comparing apples to apples?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

If it's really currency then pay taxes on it.

If it's not real currency then don't.
    Don't even bother Shane. He is hopeless.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

There's nothing illegal or wrong about taking advantage of loopholes and sidestepping taxes legally to save some of your own money from confiscation. Sorry.

11. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

There's nothing illegal or wrong about taking advantage of loopholes and sidestepping taxes legally to save some of your own money from confiscation. Sorry.

So you're saying there's nothing illegal about doing things legally?

Indeed. That's a tautology.

You cannot legally "side-step" paying capital gains taxes on gains you realize while owning any crypto currency.

13. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I said pay your taxes.

You said no.

I didn't say use what the law allows you to get away with.

I said pay your taxes. You flat out said no. I also believe you earlier in the thread said you weren't willing to pay any taxes.

Regardless, when you flat out say "no," to the concept of paying taxes I'm just going to call it what it is.

And taxes aren't confiscation. It takes money to run a country and you live in the country. You have to pay taxes in order for the country to run. Do you care about your streets? Do you care about clean air and water? Do you care about funding the society that exists in the first place, thus allowing you to live safely and even make a living in the first place?

I follow the crypto movement closely and so much of it is based on the things that NTL talks about. But it also exists because people want some magical way to earn money without paying taxes on it. I'm tired of tax cheats.

So pay your taxes. And if not I hope the IRS does what it's supposed to do and gets funding to do.

If you're unwilling to pay your taxes don't bitch about criminals and people who break the law. Don't complain about bad governmental services or anything else tied to funding.

And the tie-ins are numerous. The hero worship of billionaires who pay nothing in taxes is astounding to me. We need a better educated society, but ironically that costs money.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    So you're saying there's nothing illegal about doing things legally?

Indeed. That's a tautology.

You cannot legally "side-step" paying capital gains taxes on gains you realize while owning any crypto currency.
    I interpreted that post to mean "there are ways to work the law to get out of it, legally," which does stand in contrast to the patented "no," in response to paying taxes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Don't even bother Shane. He is hopeless.
    Sometimes I really do think you just want to get a rise out of me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

watching the gov go after kids with probably less than 10k to their name over crypto is something to see. Seeing people applaud the decision is something else as well.

Does anyone know what is going on at the fed?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

watching the gov go after kids with probably less than 10k to their name over crypto is something to see. Seeing people applaud the decision is something else as well.
    Welcome to the law. Hope they let the kids pay their taxes and abide by the same laws as everyone else.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information