Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Blockchain/crypto

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Jesus. NTL high-fived a couple of my posts in this thread. I feel like I just won some kind of big award.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post

lmaooooooo. ill never buy fed coin. thats for sure.

LMAO.

You think you'll have a choice?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    LMAO.

You think you'll have a choice?

These stimulus payments we received over the last year?

With a Federal Reserve block-chain currency (CBDC - Central Bank Digital Currency), they will send you FedCoin stimulus .. . with a time limit - you MUST spend it on something. Can't save it; can't transfer it; only spend it. Don't spend it in time? It disappears, or decreases over time.

When you file your taxes? Probably going to have to send in CBDC and get your return in the same manner.

Cash will be obsolete at some point.

Bank accounts? Will be CBDC - digital dollars.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

When is the inevitable "they done hacked and took my crypto," coming?

6. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

SR

These stimulus payments we received over the last year?

With a Federal Reserve block-chain currency (CBDC - Central Bank Digital Currency), they will send you FedCoin stimulus .. . with a time limit - you MUST spend it on something. Can't save it; can't transfer it; only spend it. Don't spend it in time? It disappears, or decreases over time.

When you file your taxes? Probably going to have to send in CBDC and get your return in the same manner.

Cash will be obsolete at some point.

Bank accounts? Will be CBDC - digital dollars.

Are you being serious with this post?

With the fed coming out with their own crypto, to you, does that mean more than likely crypto is here to stay? What is your opinion on that?

Now combine the above answer with what I have said about the future of it (NFTs) in the marketing and business side of things (not the investing side), where how do you see this moving forward, affecting business maybe like yours?

I would love to hear your thoughts on the entire grand scheme of things
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    When is the inevitable "they done hacked and took my crypto," coming?
    It is a good question. On the NFT side of things, they cannot ever be hacked. Each "good or service" is given its own unique number. No duplications. The only way to validate it is with the NFT in hand stating you have it. So, like the title of a car for example, whomever is in possession of it controls it. If one loses it, ce le vie. You are out. To my understanding.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    . If one loses it, ce le vie. You are out. To my understanding.
    No. You can call the DMV and get a new one.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    No. You can call the DMV and get a new one.
    I meant NFT
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Are you being serious with this post?

With the fed coming out with their own crypto, to you, does that mean more than likely crypto is here to stay? What is your opinion on that?

Now combine the above answer with what I have said about the future of it (NFTs) in the marketing and business side of things (not the investing side), where how do you see this moving forward, affecting business maybe like yours?

I would love to hear your thoughts on the entire grand scheme of things

I'm absolutely serious.

This is where it was always going, and it's why most of these alt-coins are going to zero at some point. Bitcoin and some others like Ethereum have built up a big enough network of users that it will remain. Governments and Finance will just co-opt it rather than fight it.

I don't know about NFTs. As they're currently being used, their value seems pretty dubious. To me, they are a distinct, separate issue from the idea of block-chain currencies.

Right now, we are in a form of an arms race, and not very many folks even are aware of it.

We are in the midst of a cold war with China, but instead of stock-piling nuclear weapons, or racing to get to the Moon like the last cold war, we are racing to see whose currency and whose economy will control the rest of the world.

We've had the reserve currency of the world for almost 100 years. Most Americans have no idea what advantages that brings us.

China is way ahead of us developing their own CBDC to supplant the dollar. If they do. .. . hold on.

Can you imagine a world where we can't sanction Iran, or terrorist organizations who want to attack us because we don't have the reserve currency anymore? Right now, we can freeze bank accounts, freeze wire transfers. Because we control the World's reserve currency, we exercise a tremendous amount of control over the finances of others. When China is the reserve currency, guess what? They'll be in the driver's seat.

We don't have a choice but to try and outrace China to develop and implement our own CBDC.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

I'm absolutely serious.

This is where it was always going, and it's why most of these alt-coins are going to zero at some point. Bitcoin and some others like Ethereum have built up a big enough network of users that it will remain. Governments and Finance will just co-opt it rather than fight it.

I don't know about NFTs. As they're currently being used, their value seems pretty dubious. To me, they are a distinct, separate issue from the idea of block-chain currencies.

Right now, we are in a form of an arms race, and not very many folks even are aware of it.

We are in the midst of a cold war with China, but instead of stock-piling nuclear weapons, or racing to get to the Moon like the last cold war, we are racing to see whose currency and whose economy will control the rest of the world.

We've had the reserve currency of the world for almost 100 years. Most Americans have no idea what advantages that brings us.

China is way ahead of us developing their own CBDC to supplant the dollar. If they do. .. . hold on.

Can you imagine a world where we can't sanction Iran, or terrorist organizations who want to attack us because we don't have the reserve currency anymore? Right now, we can freeze bank accounts, freeze wire transfers. Because we control the World's reserve currency, we exercise a tremendous amount of control over the finances of others. When China is the reserve currency, guess what? They'll be in the driver's seat.

We don't have a choice but to try and outrace China to develop and implement our own CBDC.
    Excellent post, as that is a whole other slice of the crypto pie. It is just so vast and deep. Thank you for that. I know that Wave and Joe and co think I am full of shit that it is the future and here to stay. Nothing I could have ever said would sway them. Your post might just do that. And is it really swaying? Really it is just trying to inform them, but there has been a major line in the sand drawn.

The NFT side is what I know most about (I think that is obvious why). It can go both ways. Using an NFT for an airplane ticket for example- what is to stop terrorist from using the same. What is to stop them from using NFTs to coordinate multiple mass (whatever their goal is- attack, bombing, riot, etc)? The NFTs open the lines of communication and money access. Or raising $$$$$$$$$$$.

It is an interesting time for sure. Future is coming here.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

im good on the fed coin. its just proof of how unstable the current economic system is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

16. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Wash sale rules dont apply.

I think UR is right about taxes, my friend who does crypto taxes basically had me pay nothing this year, kept telling me about loopholes. I didnt really understand, but saved me a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Wash sale rules dont apply.

I think UR is right about taxes, my friend who does crypto taxes basically had me pay nothing this year, kept telling me about loopholes. I didnt really understand, but saved me a ton.

Nope- I was told by many here who know less about crypto than we do that I am dead wrong. DEAD WRONG. Sorry Shane. It was nice knowing you. You are going to jail. 25 to life from the sound of the peeps in this thread. I will send you a shiv hidden in a book.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

LMAO.

You guys are not even wrong.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information