Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Running Backs

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default Running Backs

The Broncos are carrying five running backs (Royce Freeman, Phillip Lindsay, Dave Williams, Devontae Booker and De’Angelo Henderson) and a fullback (Andy Janovich).

How does this shape up for the opener?

My guess:
    Starter: Freeman
    Backup: Booker
    Third/Special Teams: Henderson/Lindsay

I don’t see how Janovich fits if Lindsay really is impressing as much as it sounds, but it’s hard to know what Musgrove’s scheme is going to look like. If he insists on a fullback they would probably try to get Lindsay to the practice squad. Williams is headed to the practice squad, IMO.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Broncos are carrying five running backs (Royce Freeman, Phillip Lindsay, Dave Williams, Devontae Booker and De’Angelo Henderson) and a fullback (Andy Janovich).

My guess:

I don’t see how Janovich fits if Lindsay really is impressing as much as it sounds, but it’s hard to know what Musgrove’s scheme is going to look like. If he insists on a fullback they would probably try to get Lindsay to the practice squad. Williams is headed to the practice squad, IMO.

If we are just talking about for the Opener. I would list it as:

Booker
    Royce
    Henderson
    Lindsey

I too am not sure Jano makes the squad. I think Book would get the start over Royce for pass pro purposes. I do expect Royce to be the guy soon though.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    If we are just talking about for the Opener. I would list it as:

Booker
    Royce
    Henderson
    Lindsey

I too am not sure Jano makes the squad. I think Book would get the start over Royce for pass pro purposes. I do expect Royce to be the guy soon though.
    I think Freeman has the possibility to be that league-wide rookie running back breakout. He was fantastic at Oregon and I think he is a home run hitter, regardless of his 40 being 4.54. He had 60 career rushing touchdowns while with the Ducks and had 9 100-yard games last season.

It depends on the scheme with Janovich but up-tempo, which they’ve talked about, doesn’t lend itself to a fullback. Plus, Fumagalli played some H-back at Wisconsin if memory serves.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I think Freeman has the possibility to be that league-wide rookie running back breakout. He was fantastic at Oregon and I think he is a home run hitter, regardless of his 40 being 4.54. He had 60 career rushing touchdowns while with the Ducks and had 9 100-yard games last season.

It depends on the scheme with Janovich but up-tempo, which they’ve talked about, doesn’t lend itself to a fullback. Plus, Fumagalli played some H-back at Wisconsin if memory serves.

He reminds me of a slower steven jackson or a more powerful thomas jones. I am so excited for him. I just think that they are going to let book get the nod since he has the most experience with pass pro. and they will ease royce in. Then he will take over. I am so excited to see how these guys run. I cannot wait to see all of these backs play. Who is number 33? I say a clip and I liked what I saw from that clip. Henderson?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i think they will keep four backs plus jano. . . up-tempo or not, elway has always wanted us to have a strong running game, and that hasn't changed. . . and jano is a strong special teams guy. . . i wouldn't be surprised if booker opens the season as the starter, but he won't hold off freeman for long. . . henderson is the wild card. . . i think lindsay makes the squad as a third down back and return guy. . . i'm really hoping we can generate a more dynamic rushing attack behind royce or deangelo, but a lot of that might depend on the line's ability to stay healthy and play with some consistency. . .

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

My guess:

Personally, I could see Freeman get a lot of reps in the first few games, but I don’t see him supplanting Booker that fast, not with the way the coaching staff has been hyping him since 1977

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Booker and Freeman is clear. Jano probably makes it from versatility and experience. Lindsay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i think they will keep four backs plus jano. . . up-tempo or not, elway has always wanted us to have a strong running game, and that hasn't changed. . . and jano is a strong special teams guy. . . i wouldn't be surprised if booker opens the season as the starter, but he won't hold off freeman for long. . . henderson is the wild card. . . i think lindsay makes the squad as a third down back and return guy. . . i'm really hoping we can generate a more dynamic rushing attack behind royce or deangelo, but a lot of that might depend on the line's ability to stay healthy and play with some consistency. . .
    I agree, Denver keeps four running backs plus jano.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I like Henderson.

Coach said since we have a great fullback we will use him, So I think he might make the squad.

I think Freeman has a great year and Williams and Henderson contributes as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

IMO, Janovich isn't versatile enough to use in today's NFL. If you don't have a player that can play fullback, tight end and split end on the roster, you're wasting a roster spot, even if the guy is on special teams. You can find that crazy, low-drafted or undrafted, linebacker to fill that special teams role and teach him enough of the defense to be a backup. Fullback is a wasted roster spot these days.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    who?
    Henderson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

IMO, Janovich isn't versatile enough to use in today's NFL. If you don't have a player that can play fullback, tight end and split end on the roster, you're wasting a roster spot, even if the guy is on special teams. You can find that crazy, low-drafted or undrafted, linebacker to fill that special teams role and teach him enough of the defense to be a backup. Fullback is a wasted roster spot these days.
    i hope they play him fifty snaps a game, just to piss you off. . .

18. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i hope they play him fifty snaps a game, just to piss you off. . .

I just want to score points, Dog.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information