Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 80

Thread: Need RPG suggestions

  1. #1

    Default Need RPG suggestions

    I have been running a growing twitch stream over the last month or so, playing Sea of Thieves. Now that I'm getting a bit of a viewbase, I really want to start doing a once a week retro game night. My thought is to pick a classic RPG and do a playthrough. My goal is to find a PS2 or earlier (or older PC) game to play once a week from start to finish.

    Suggesting I have so far
    Final Fantasy (IV, V, VI, IX)
    Secret of Mana
    Chrono Trigger
    Vagrant Story
    Parasite Eve
    Xenogears
    Wild Arms
    Earthbound
    Mario RPG

    I'd really like some ideas for PS2 games though, because with those you can crank the internal resolution way up and it will look as good as a lot of the remastered re-releases. Any ideas? I know on PS2 there is the Kingdom Hearts games and Final Fantasy X and Xii. I'd personally rather avoid those.

    I'd kind of like one I've never played before like Tales of Symphonia

  2. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    A galaxy far far away
    Adopted Bronco:
    Rey
    Posts
    21,202

    Default

    I like the rpg 7

  4. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    15,006

    Default

    Ever play Shadow Hearts series? Available on PS2. Very, very good, traditional JRPG with a horror like take.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  6. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Ever play Shadow Hearts series? Available on PS2. Very, very good, traditional JRPG with a horror like take.
    I haven't. I might check that out next. If this stream is successful, I might make it an ongoing series once I beat the first game.

    After discussion with friends who think it is absurd and a bit of a crime that I've never played Earthbound, Earthbound it is.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    23,037

    Default

    I just got a ps4 the other day. I won it actually, but I like Borderlands. Not sure that is quite an rpg, but I am not a huge gamer. Just got it so I can play with friends and do some fortnite with them since they do that streaming bs.
     
    made you look haha



    FA. OG thunley; Colias Campbell, Byron Jones; Melvin Gordon RB
    1. K murray ilb. 2. Viska WR. 2b. Biadass C. 3. Brandon Aiyuk wr. 4. OT.

  8. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I just got a ps4 the other day. I won it actually, but I like Borderlands. Not sure that is quite an rpg, but I am not a huge gamer. Just got it so I can play with friends and do some fortnite with them since they do that streaming bs.
    My kid plays fortnite. If you want to play a mans game we could play Crossout together. 😆My PS player name is remnant32.

  9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    15,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Ever play Shadow Hearts series? Available on PS2. Very, very good, traditional JRPG with a horror like take.
    I haven't. I might check that out next. If this stream is successful, I might make it an ongoing series once I beat the first game.

    After discussion with friends who think it is absurd and a bit of a crime that I've never played Earthbound, Earthbound it is.
    Watch a trailer for SH 1 and 2 if u seek a FF type RPG
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  11. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:


  12. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    colorado
    Posts
    23,037

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    My kid plays fortnite. If you want to play a mans game we could play Crossout together. ��My PS player name is remnant32.


    What is that game?
    I think i am R-tek9
    but i do not know for sure. My picture is a blue duck
     
    made you look haha



    FA. OG thunley; Colias Campbell, Byron Jones; Melvin Gordon RB
    1. K murray ilb. 2. Viska WR. 2b. Biadass C. 3. Brandon Aiyuk wr. 4. OT.

  13. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I just got a ps4 the other day. I won it actually, but I like Borderlands. Not sure that is quite an rpg, but I am not a huge gamer. Just got it so I can play with friends and do some fortnite with them since they do that streaming bs.
    Borderlands is actually an amazing game, that's a tempting game to run on another night if this stream goes well.

  14. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Watch a trailer for SH 1 and 2 if u seek a FF type RPG
    I always seek good FF type RPGs so I'll check into it.

  15. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    My kid plays fortnite. If you want to play a mans game we could play Crossout together. ��My PS player name is remnant32.
    I wouldn't mind trying Crossout one day.

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris
    Posts
    9,262

    Default

    To this day Chrono Trigger is my favorite game ever. My suggestion is to play Dragon Warrior 1-3 from NES.
    We have reached peak wokeness captain!

  17. The Following 3 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:


  18. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    15,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    To this day Chrono Trigger is my favorite game ever. My suggestion is to play Dragon Warrior 1-3 from NES.
    The furthest back i can go is FF4 and maybe Phantasy Star. DW looks archaic.

  19. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    What is that game?
    I think i am R-tek9
    but i do not know for sure. My picture is a blue duck
    https://crossout.net/registration?r=...AEgJNVvD_BwE#/

  20. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Big Cok Lock
    Posts
    51,313

    Default

    Have you guys ever played candy crush?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Suggestions for new moderators and other suggestions
    By Tned in forum Town Hall Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 07:10 PM
  2. Some suggestions
    By OB in forum Town Hall Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 10:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group