Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Broncos Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Krugan View Post
    Chad should be behind lynch, and keenum should be searching for the back up spot, if the idea that a higher draft pick is what it takes to be a "franchise" qb...

One should expect Kelly to struggle, but the guy thats behind him is supposed to have gotten it by now.

We could draft 1 for the next 10 years and not find a franchise guy...
    Trust me you not going to find the next Carson wentz, Luck, Ryan etc type prospects later in the draft, it just doesn't happen very often, but when you sitting there in the top 5 or so you have first dibs on the cream of the crop at quarterback and you just have to try and get it right, I think Elway would be fine picking the right quarterback in the top 5, it's his flyer boom or bust quarterback drafting that sucks.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

JWalk? Yash? Lynch12?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    JWalk? Yash? Lynch12?
    Indeed

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Indeed
    Which? All? Lol

Which? All? Lol
    Yes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

JWalk? Yash? Lynch12?
    si. . .

Quote Originally Posted by ChubbNYiadom View Post
    Trust me you not going to find the next Carson wentz, Luck, Ryan etc type prospects later in the draft, it just doesn't happen very often, but when you sitting there in the top 5 or so you have first dibs on the cream of the crop at quarterback and you just have to try and get it right, I think Elway would be fine picking the right quarterback in the top 5, it's his flyer boom or bust quarterback drafting that sucks.
    As of right now, it looks like Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield are the 2 Qbs who look like they will be good (so far). And Josh Allen and Josen Rosen do not.

Guess which QBs the Broncos had a chance to draft "in the top 5."

THis is an important point. The Broncos are never getting a top 3 pick. They benefited from "strength of schedule" tie-breakers to get to #5. Well, #5 isn't going to get you a Carson Wentz or Luck or Ryan. Luck and Ryan were completely IMPOSSIBLE. Their teams were never going to trade the #1 Pick so - like Cam Newton, nobody could have gotten them.

In 2012 they got Von, but had ZERO chance at Cam Newton because the Panthers actually mocked and laughed at teams for calling them about trading that pick. They refused to even waste time discussing it.

That's the problem - when there's a pure obvious #1 QB like Luck NOBODY but the #1 team is getting him. And the Broncos will never be that team (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by gregbroncs View Post
    This is a real question, because if it happened I don't remember it. Has Paxton ever looked close to as good as Kelly did in his first NFL action? I mean preseason or regular season has he ever performed as well as Chad did in his first action?
    Not that I can recall...

You guys can keep looking at these scrap quarterbacks as the saviors, I'd personally suck and draft a real franchise quarterback if the Kelly's and Lynch's are being looked at as the guy.
    I don't completely disagree with that thought honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    As of right now, it looks like Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield are the 2 Qbs who look like they will be good (so far). And Josh Allen and Josen Rosen do not.

Guess which QBs the Broncos had a chance to draft "in the top 5."

THis is an important point. The Broncos are never getting a top 3 pick. They benefited from "strength of schedule" tie-breakers to get to #5. Well, #5 isn't going to get you a Carson Wentz or Luck or Ryan. Luck and Ryan were completely IMPOSSIBLE. Their teams were never going to trade the #1 Pick so - like Cam Newton, nobody could have gotten them.

In 2012 they got Von, but had ZERO chance at Cam Newton because the Panthers actually mocked and laughed at teams for calling them about trading that pick. They refused to even waste time discussing it.

That's the problem - when there's a pure obvious #1 QB like Luck NOBODY but the #1 team is getting him. And the Broncos will never be that team (hopefully).
    Josh Allen looked good in his debut cugel, Rosen not so much but he showed some accuracy. I think Mayfield darnold, Allen, Rosen will all be damn good quarterbacks. And if case keenum doesn't perform at a greatness type of level then the Broncos will in fact be picking top 2-5 next year and will have the shot to draft a franchise quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't completely disagree with that thought honestly.
    Oh really? Now you see the light huh? The fact of the matter is our elite franchise quarterback isn't on the roster.... But it will be next season for sure if keenum sucks.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Josh Allen looked good in his debut cugel, Rosen not so much but he showed some accuracy. I think Mayfield darnold, Allen, Rosen will all be damn good quarterbacks. And if case keenum doesn't perform at a greatness type of level then the Broncos will in fact be picking top 2-5 next year and will have the shot to draft a franchise quarterback.
    Case doesn't need to be "great" to keep us out of the top 5. We barely made that last year with tiebreakers and nothing resembling even passable QB play... if Case is half decent we don't draft top 5.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Case doesn't need to be "great" to keep us out of the top 5. We barely made that last year with tiebreakers and nothing resembling even passable QB play... if Case is half decent we don't draft top 5.
    I disagree, Case needs to play great or else itll be 3 and out city all over again. With all the talent we have on offense case has no excuses to not put up 30-35 touchdowns and 4k yards.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Case has looked so much better at camp than he did last Sat. Sanders looks younger with the crazy catches he was making. Case has serious chemistry with DT, Sanders and I think Butt will be pretty darn good when his rust gets knocked off. C. Sutton has been a beast and yet still so young with so much to learn, just crazy catches with Case.

I didn't see that much of Kelly on Tuesday or Weds....I only get at camp the last 40 minutes but I did see balls being batted down and at least 1 int. He was struggling against the 2's and there is a big talent gap between the 1's and 2's this year on D. Kelly has earned the right to move up. Paxton has done nothing to keep that spot and it really seems time to part ways. I honestly don't think we have our back up on the roster yet. Kelly could change my mind with the remaining games but I just have a hard time believing the FO will not try to find a vet as a safety net.
    Getting Stoked

17. The Following 6 Users High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

Not only do they need to find a legitimate back-up but they will be finding a legitimate franchise quarterback. And then case can be the legitimate back up.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information