Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67

Thread: 2018 Broncos Training Camp

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Paxton's clash: Should he stay or should he go now?

ENGLEWOOD -- This may or may not be it for Paxton Lynch.

If the Broncos keep two quarterbacks for their 53-man roster Saturday, he’s gone.

If they add a veteran quarterback, he’s gone.

If they keep three quarterbacks and don’t add a veteran, he stays.

His preference is to stay.

“Absolutely,’’ he said. “I love it here. I’ve said that since Day 1 I want to be the guy here. But I’ve got to do some things. I’ve struggled. I haven’t played well at times and there’s been some times where I have played well. I just have to find that consistency of confidently playing well and I think I know I can get there.’’

Chad Kelly, who is currently the No. 2 quarterback behind Case Keenum, will play the first half at Arizona on Thursday in the fourth and final preseason game (Channel 20 with pregame show at 7 p.m., kickoff at 8 p.m.) If Kelly plays OK, he will likely wear the headsets in the season opener against Seattle that is 12 days away.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...w/73-588511660

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

I haven’t played well at times and there’s been some times where I have played well.
    we must have all missed those times when you played well. . .

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I thinl I know I can get there. I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Damn Paxton is totally confused, he hasn't played well, unless he talking about 2-3 practices and a handful of throws through the entire pre season. Maybe he'll string together an entire half this last game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    You're right that it comes down to whether they want 2 QBs or 3, but the problem cannot really be solved.

Paxton is just flat useless. Can you imagine a game where he has to come in and start? The players will be "oh, god, we are so screwed!" The fans will be booing from the start and complaining about Elway insisting on keeping the guy on the roster. The team will be steam-rolled and fans will be leaving the stadium in the 3rd quarter. The media will be merciless.

And essentially Elway can't tell the truth: "We drafted this guy and I kept hoping he would develop into a useful starter or even backup but it just never happened. I kept insisting on keeping him on the roster every time my coaching staff suggested gingerly that maybe it was time to move on from Paxton. And I was a big fat stupid! I was a moron for drafting and keeping him around for so long when every fan in the stadium could see this guy is useless! I did it in part because of my huge ego, that I just can't easily admit that I was wrong and stupid when it comes to Paxton."

No, instead it's meaningless mealy-mouthed obvious lies. "We are just doing what we think is best for the team - so shut up you stupid fans! We know what's best."

Except that the team was 5-11 last year so they DON'T always know best. Sometimes I think Elway needs a big kick in the ass and to be told to just get over himself.

The idiot fixation with "we like what we see out of Booker" has got to stop too. He has done exactly NOTHING during his entire NFL career to justify any enthusiasm about him. Any mediocre back you could pick up off the waiver wire would be as good, and they are going to have to cut DeAngelo Henderson or David Williams to keep Booker. It's not worth it. At all.
    If the Broncos have to go to their third QB, there is very little chance they will be winning many games whether it's Lynch or someone else.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos notes: Garcia-Williams suffers season-ending knee injury

ENGLEWOOD – The Broncos lost one of their most dependable role players from their 2017 season when linebacker Jerrol Garcia-Williams suffered an ACL injury to his left knee during practice Tuesday, a source told 9NEWS.

Garcia-Williams will have season-ending surgery. He suffered the injury during a one-on-one drill. Signed by the Broncos last year as an undrafted rookie out of Hawaii, Garcia-Williams spent the first six weeks on the practice squad, then played in 11 games, mostly on special teams.

He will now join linebacker Deiontrez Mount (torn Achilles) and safety Jamal Carter (torn hamstring) on the Broncos’ season-ending injured reserve list.

Bronco Bits
    rest, and an explanation as to why Lynch posted the for sale sign - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...y/73-588580751

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

How Chad Kelly and Paxton Lynch are preparing for their opportunities in the preseason finale

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/c...ason-cardinals

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Mason's Mailbag: Phillip Lindsay staking claim to roster spot

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/m...to-roster-spot

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information