Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Broncos Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by guitarj View Post
    Go back and look at camp reports at this time last year by people like Ziggy. They weren’t so high on TS.
    While most reports (by fans and reporters) said that TS was better than PL, he didn't run away with it by any means, and as bad as PL has been, that says a lot about TS's off season.

Based on what we are hearing from camp, Keenum is playing far better than any Broncos QB has in the last few years. We shall see how the season goes, but the camp reports are very promising.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Cousins wanted too much and the Vikings obliged. What were the other options?*

*7 drafting and developing a QB is the obvious solution, but we ain’t got time for that

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    What everyone on the board did had nothing to do with it and you'd know that, if you paid attention. I've been open about why I changed my mind, what you, or anyone else think about it doesn't have anything to do with a single person "yelling" at me.

I initially knee jerked because he wasn't Kirk Cousins. Once I got over my knee jerk and actually looked at him, (because despite your assertion, when we signed him, I had seen exactly one game he played in last year and that was the Saints game) Iwatched game film and saw him play, I changed my tune. I don't give a crap if others on the board don't agree with me...The biggest Keenum supporter is Top. Top and I have gotten into it plenty in the past and while we're on peaceful terms, I've never once gone out of my way to please him anyone on this board can see we've had a shaky history, so if your take is that I changed my tune to get people to like me, that narrative doesn't hold water. If I was that worried about popularity, I wouldn't have dug in kicking and screaming when everyone on the board hated TS last year, I'd have jumped ship early on and joined the popular side of the debate.

I changed my tune on Keenum because I saw potential there and because he's the starting QB and I'm going to throw my support to him until he proves he's not worthy of it. That's how I roll.

It's fine to trash Keenum, I get your uncertainty, it I don't agree with it, but I get where you are coming from. But let's not try to make it sound like I just jumped to the popular opinion to save face. I was against Keenum for like 2-3 days...Then I got over my pouting that we didn't sign Cousins or Fitzpatrick and actually critically analyzed the situation instead of being an emotional whiny butt...
    The worst part about this post is that you wanted Fitzpatrick.
    Last edited by Poet; 08-06-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The worst part about this post is that you wanted Fitzpatrick.
    Not really...It's not like I had any thoughts of Fitz being a long term solution. It was slim pickens after Cousins, Fitz seemed like the best of what was left if we wanted to win more than 2 games next year. I didn't view Keenum as a viable option because I didn't know much about him, fitz on the other hand, while no world beater, is a proven veteran. He would have been a decent bridge and mentor until a young QB was ready to take the reigns. I wanted us to start grooming a new QB.

In retrospect, if all Keenum is, is a bridge QB, he's a better choice than Fitz for that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Oh shit who wanted Fitz ugggh
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Cousins wanted too much and the Vikings obliged. What were the other options?*

*7 drafting and developing a QB is the obvious solution, but we ain’t got time for that
    Well, I'd have been content with drafting a viable QB. But what we have is Keenum and honestly, I once I calmed down from my irrational dislike of not massively overpaying for Cousins (and I'm actually glad looking back at the deal he got that we didn't) I realized what we have is the best option that was available to us. It's either going to work out or it isn't, but I'll calmly wait to see which it is before I freak out any further. I like our chances this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Oh shit who wanted Fitz ugggh
    As a bridge QB to develop an actual QBOTF. Nothing more.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well, I'd have been content with drafting a viable QB. But what we have is Keenum and honestly, I once I calmed down from my irrational dislike of not massively overpaying for Cousins (and I'm actually glad looking back at the deal he got that we didn't) I realized what we have is the best option that was available to us. It's either going to work out or it isn't, but I'll calmly wait to see which it is before I freak out any further. I like our chances this year.
    I would've hated getting Cousins just on a contract level, but if he helped us win I wouldn't care. Not my money!

Just learning more about Keenum and how he got to this point I am becoming a big fan of him. I hope it works out and he can be our starter for the foreseeable future.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I’m frustrated Talib is gone.

I hope he makes the Ring of Fire one day.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I would've hated getting Cousins just on a contract level, but if he helped us win I wouldn't care. Not my money!

Just learning more about Keenum and how he got to this point I am becoming a big fan of him. I hope it works out and he can be our starter for the foreseeable future.
    Cousins scared me. I'm just not convinced he's a franchise QB that can lead a team to one or more SBs. I'm going to be real curious to see how he does in MN.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Cousins scared me. I'm just not convinced he's a franchise QB that can lead a team to one or more SBs. I'm going to be real curious to see how he does in MN.
    This Saturday is going to be interesting to watch. Very interesting.

My $$ is on Keenum outplaying Cousins.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    My friend from work is a huge Vikings fan and he hated the Cousins move. Said we got a great QB in Keenum so I will take his word for it since he watched him like a hawk all last season. I was impressed in his playoff win that I watched.

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

Easily as excited as I’ve been for a preseason game since Manning retired. Probably have my hopes up a bit too high for Keenum.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    Easily as excited as I’ve been for a preseason game since Manning retired. Probably have my hopes up a bit too high for Keenum.
    The last few times I had been excited for preseason were to see how good or godawful Tebow was and to see if Mannings neck would snap off his first season with us. Can't wait for game three when we see him out there for more than a series.

20. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post

My money is on Siemian outplaying Broncos number two.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information