Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Surprise Cuts

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post

edit: I misread the topic, I thought it said "suprise cats", and I posted a lion eating a watermelon
    Sneak, you should go back playing the Oboe your comedy routine isn't going to pay the bill. Just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Did you see this Offense last year? I have to see a major change to have any confidence at any position. Both Sanders and DT were looking totally defeated by Week 8.

Again, need improvment at QB and OLine and hopefully DT and Sanders return to form.
    The defense looked totally defeated by week 8. The entire team and especially VJ looked totally defeated! Let's see what Keenum can do before we say that DT and Emmanuel are washed up!

Courtland Sutton and Royce Freeman look like starting material so far. Chubb was easily the best defender in the entire draft and was compared with Myles Garrett, the #1 overall pick last season in terms of talent. There is no doubt they got a real playmaker with this guy. So, the roster has been substantially upgraded from last year.

And Sutton is the future #1 as soon as he can gain the necessary experience. THis is DT's last season in Denver so he is going to go all out because production is his only way of convincing another team to pick him up next off-season. With an actually GOOD QB (not great but accurate) throwing to him he should be fine!

Last year was partly terrible coaching. Partly it was having by far the worst QB roster in the NFL. Partly that was John Elway's fault for going into the season without a veteran QB who could actually do the job if Trevor flopped or was injured.

And that stems from Elway's idiot obsession with proving himself right about Paxton Lynch.

Well, Paxton might still be on the roster this season (boo!) but he's not starting outside of injury, and if Paxton wins the backup battle with Chad Kelly then they will cut Kelly and could sign another veteran QB, just in case.

So, hopefully they have a veteran who knows what he is doing out there at QB.
    Last edited by Cugel; 08-05-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post

edit: I misread the topic, I thought it said "suprise cats", and I posted a lion eating a watermelon
    You won August, good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Sneak, you should go back playing the Oboe your comedy routine isn't going to pay the bill. Just sayin.

5. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Since the season is finally on the horizon I was curious to see who you all thought could be a surprise cut(s) this year. This isn’t meant to be who you want to be cut, but who could possibly be cut. I have three.

1. Jeff Heuerman
    2. Darian Stewart
    3. Todd Davis

Heurman, Booker, Lynch......Goodbye and good riddance
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    At this point, Lynch shouldn't be a surprise cut, but I would be absolutely shocked if Elway were to nut up and do the right thing. Lynch will be taking someone who is far more talented roster spot for yet another year.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Looks like Heurman is going to be the starter.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Looks like Heurman is going to be the starter.
    I saw that possibility yesterday, only I cant figure out why he is no different than lynch, what a waste of a roster spot.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information