Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprise Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Fact of the matter is he is not worth the cost in 2019 at all, and he is definitely headed for the chopping block AFTER this season. $14 million for 2019 just isn't going to happen, so the question is whether or not Elway plays hardball this year or not. The Broncos could save $8.5 million by cutting him before the regular season, and knowing that next year's cut is going to come, I could very easily envision Elway putting on pressure, DT's agent not budging, and a falling out this year instead of next. I'd much rather see DT have a comeback year, but nobody should be fooling themselves into thinking cutting or trading DT is still off the table.
    All valid points, but there’s been no indication this will happen this year. I’m inclined to think whatever happens with DT will happen in an offseason, not a camp casualty. Denver has a history of treating it’s all time greats with respect.

2. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Unfortuantely that Tim Tebow TD pass to DT was a loooooong time ago...
    The sad thing is, for me this is the game-breaking play I remember DT the most for:

In my eyes, this image alone has irreparably put him in a class below guys like Shannon Sharpe/Rod Smith/Ed McCaffrey.

The identity players of the Denver Broncos right now are Von Miller and Chris Harris Jr. Because DT isn't the identity of this team, and because he's not established himself at a level of a Sharpe/Smith/McCaffrey, Elway wouldn't face as much backlash cutting or trading him if enough viable receiving threats emerged.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Fact of the matter is he is not worth the cost in 2019 at all, and he is definitely headed for the chopping block AFTER this season. $14 million for 2019 just isn't going to happen, so the question is whether or not Elway plays hardball this year or not. The Broncos could save $8.5 million by cutting him before the regular season, and knowing that next year's cut is going to come, I could very easily envision Elway putting on pressure, DT's agent not budging, and a falling out this year instead of next. I'd much rather see DT have a comeback year, but nobody should be fooling themselves into thinking cutting or trading DT is still off the table.
    You may have point, but as after this season. I don't is kidding themselves about anything, but also I don't try predict the future. Just as easily, a contract get reworked Thomas stays a another season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    All valid points, but there’s been no indication this will happen this year. I’m inclined to think whatever happens with DT will happen in an offseason, not a camp casualty. Denver has a history of treating it’s all time greats with respect.
    I guess that's why it would be a surprise cut. However, right now I don't see it happening this season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The sad thing is, for me this is the game-breaking play I remember DT the most for:

In my eyes, this image alone has irreparably put him in a class below guys like Shannon Sharpe/Rod Smith/Ed McCaffrey.

The identity players of the Denver Broncos right now are Von Miller and Chris Harris Jr. Because DT isn't the identity of this team, and because he's not established himself at a level of a Sharpe/Smith/McCaffrey, Elway wouldn't face as much backlash cutting or trading him if enough viable receiving threats emerged.
    If that's all you can remember I think that's short sighted. Miller and Harris were also in that game, as well Manning, and none of them played well. That doesn't mean they're great players. Like Thomas the too did not play well in that game. Champ Bailey burnt to a crisp a couple years earlier in a divisional playoff game at home is that all you remember about him?
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 07-08-2018 at 10:26 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    If that's all you can remember I think that's short sighted. Miller and Harris were also in that game, as well Manning, and none of them played well. That doesn't mean they're great players. Like Thomas the too did not play well in that game. Champ Bailey burnt to a crisp couple years earlier in a divisional playoff game at home is that all you remember about him?
    Champ made big plays in the 4th quarter consistently too, and put his body on the line in the run game to help his team. DT disappears in the 4th quarter consistently, and in recent years has been known more drops than big time catches. Sad, but it's true. The production is there, but the momentum changing plays are not.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Champ made big plays in the 4th quarter consistently too, and put his body on the line in the run game to help his team. DT disappears in the 4th quarter consistently, and in recent years has been known more drops than big time catches. Sad, but it's true. The production is there, but the momentum changing plays are not.
    He made some of those plays early in his career. The production is there with very little around him. I think you might be a bit too harsh here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

y'all trippin'. . . all indications are that sanders is the one they're ready to move on from. . . carry on, though. . .

12. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    y'all trippin'. . . all indications are that sanders is the one they're ready to move on from. . . carry on, though. . .
    Sorry dog, I thought the thread was about surprise cuts. Not those that all the indications are they may be cut. Moron!!!!

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Sorry dog, I thought the thread was about surprise cuts. Not those that all the indications are they may be cut. Moron!!!!
    This is the comeback I was talking about!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    okay, d-mac. . .

17. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

bradley chubb!

11!!1!!111!!!

now there's a real surprise cut. . . dave, did i get it right this time?

assclown. . .

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

I like Val because he's just a twisted monster. But I dislike him because he's an insolent brit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Well I don't agree, you're defining Thomas by one play yet Champ was burnt to crisp in divisional playoff game but you'll that let slide. Both have made a lot plays for the Broncos. How much consternation has gone on around here about inconsistent play at the quarterback position. I'm pretty sure receivers production generally tied their quarterbacks. As far as the drops I think that's way over played.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 07-08-2018 at 10:48 PM.

23. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    If that is case, I wonder if that has anything to with Sutton and Hamilton and maybe more to do with what they think they see in Hamilton.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information