Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: How I Saved My Marriage

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Probably self-centeredness, of which selfishness is an element, but it goes further than that.
    I don’t know top; that’s just a debate in semantics, IMO.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell
    Posts
    30,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don’t know top; that’s just a debate in semantics, IMO.
    Well, the two seem synonyms somewhat, and they do overlap. But selfishness deals more with
    behavior, whereas self-centerdness with motive. It's a pretty deep psychological study. I did
    write a couple essays on it in college. They're around somewhere, I guess. (That's a long time
    ago.) If one turns up, maybe I'll share it.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)


  3. #18

    Default

    I get what you’re saying.

    “Where selfish ambition exists there is every form of evil.”

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Todd Davis
    Posts
    15,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I get what you’re saying.

    “Where selfish ambition exists there is every form of evil.”
    My wife probably wants me to have more selfish ambition.

    #fullcircle
    The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.

  5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  6. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    My wife probably wants me to have more selfish ambition.

    #fullcircle
    Lol, her drive is stronger than yours? It was that way for me the first two years, but now that she has 3 kids needing her time and attention.....not so much. But I am not complaining; she’s good to me.

  7. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Rock of Eternity
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chad Kelly
    Posts
    10,632

    Default

    They both took each other for granted. Very depressing.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

  8. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    My wife probably wants me to have more selfish ambition.

    #fullcircle
    Are you getting any exercise Hawg?

  9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:


  10. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Todd Davis
    Posts
    15,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Are you getting any exercise Hawg?
    I am. It's important for me and I've got the daily habit going. It's nice the neighborhood pool is open, we live 4 houses away and it's a legit short-course pool. Never was much of a swimmer but I like it now. That plus the gym, hanging out with all the platedroppers and knuckledraggers. Haven't got as many miles on the road bike though. I'll know I'm back when I can drop centuries like it's nothing.

    That's what you meant right? Not 'are you banging your wife on the daily'? That's personal man.
    The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.

  11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:


  12. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I am. It's important for me and I've got the daily habit going. It's nice the neighborhood pool is open, we live 4 houses away and it's a legit short-course pool. Never was much of a swimmer but I like it now. That plus the gym, hanging out with all the platedroppers and knuckledraggers. Haven't got as many miles on the road bike though. I'll know I'm back when I can drop centuries like it's nothing.

    That's what you meant right? Not 'are you banging your wife on the daily'? That's personal man.
    Nope, wasn’t asking how often you’re dancing in the sheets. BUT I was suggesting exercise would help boost the testosterone. Your work out routine is better than mine. Other than the bi-weekly dance routine of course

  13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:


  14. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Todd Davis
    Posts
    15,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Nope, wasn’t asking how often you’re dancing in the sheets. BUT I was suggesting exercise would help boost the testosterone. Your work out routine is better than mine. Other than the bi-weekly dance routine of course
    Yeah, that's a real thing...
    The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.

  15. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez, Rahim Moore
    Posts
    27,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yeah, that's a real thing...
    How much are you dancing in the sheets?

  16. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Todd Davis
    Posts
    15,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    How much are you dancing in the sheets?
    A shit ton this last week. We were apart and you know how that goes.
    The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group