Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How I Saved My Marriage

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Probably self-centeredness, of which selfishness is an element, but it goes further than that.
    I don’t know top; that’s just a debate in semantics, IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I don’t know top; that’s just a debate in semantics, IMO.
    Well, the two seem synonyms somewhat, and they do overlap. But selfishness deals more with
    behavior, whereas self-centerdness with motive. It's a pretty deep psychological study. I did
    write a couple essays on it in college. They're around somewhere, I guess. (That's a long time
    ago.) If one turns up, maybe I'll share it.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

I get what you’re saying.

“Where selfish ambition exists there is every form of evil.”

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I get what you’re saying.

“Where selfish ambition exists there is every form of evil.”
    My wife probably wants me to have more selfish ambition.

#fullcircle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post

#fullcircle
    Lol, her drive is stronger than yours? It was that way for me the first two years, but now that she has 3 kids needing her time and attention.....not so much. But I am not complaining; she’s good to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

They both took each other for granted. Very depressing.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

#fullcircle
    Are you getting any exercise Hawg?

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Are you getting any exercise Hawg?
    I am. It's important for me and I've got the daily habit going. It's nice the neighborhood pool is open, we live 4 houses away and it's a legit short-course pool. Never was much of a swimmer but I like it now. That plus the gym, hanging out with all the platedroppers and knuckledraggers. Haven't got as many miles on the road bike though. I'll know I'm back when I can drop centuries like it's nothing.

That's what you meant right? Not 'are you banging your wife on the daily'? That's personal man.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I am. It's important for me and I've got the daily habit going. It's nice the neighborhood pool is open, we live 4 houses away and it's a legit short-course pool. Never was much of a swimmer but I like it now. That plus the gym, hanging out with all the platedroppers and knuckledraggers. Haven't got as many miles on the road bike though. I'll know I'm back when I can drop centuries like it's nothing.

That's what you meant right? Not 'are you banging your wife on the daily'? That's personal man.
    Nope, wasn’t asking how often you’re dancing in the sheets. BUT I was suggesting exercise would help boost the testosterone. Your work out routine is better than mine. Other than the bi-weekly dance routine of course

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Nope, wasn’t asking how often you’re dancing in the sheets. BUT I was suggesting exercise would help boost the testosterone. Your work out routine is better than mine. Other than the bi-weekly dance routine of course
    Yeah, that's a real thing...

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Yeah, that's a real thing...
    How much are you dancing in the sheets?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    How much are you dancing in the sheets?
    A shit ton this last week. We were apart and you know how that goes.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information