Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Default Proposal to split California into three states

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2574901_1280x720.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	12320

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KABC) -- A proposal to divide California into three states will be on the November statewide ballot.

Backers of CAL 3 said last month they collected and delivered 600,000 signatures to California Secretary of State Alex Padilla's Office, surpassing the 365,000 required by law to qualify for the ballot.

CAL 3 is led by venture capitalist Tim Draper.

The proposal calls for three states to be formed:

Northern California, roughly the Bay Area to the Oregon border; California, which would include six coastal counties, including Los Angeles, Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, San Benito and Ventura; and Southern California, which would go from Fresno to San Diego, excluding those six coastal counties.
    What are your thoughts on this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I am going to vote against it.

They are speaking of population and economic. California is the nation’s most populous state, nearly 6 times larger than the average population of all states. Economic is enormous and diverse including agriculture, energy, technology, and entertainment. It is crazy and I don’t think it will happen. If so, I am very curious on how it will impact my job. We support statewide network for DOT.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The marriage is so bad, the partners didn't want a divorce, they wanted a trivorce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    The marriage is so bad, the partners didn't want a divorce, they wanted a trivorce.
    Even the kids want to go separate ways.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

These threads should be merged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    These threads should be merged.
    I don't think M-7 posts in the P&R section.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I don't think M-7 posts in the P&R section.
    I couldn't get in P & R section. I am not sure if I am blocked or something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I couldn't get in P & R section. I am not sure if I am blocked or something.
    I think you have to opt-in, which sends a request to the moderators for approval.

You're FAR too nice of a person to venture into that mess though!

10. The Following 6 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I think you have to opt-in, which sends a request to the moderators for approval.

Joe is right! You don't want P and R. It's where smart people go to be stupid and piss all over the morals they thought they had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Gotcha. Thanks.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

As much as I think a few small areas are hoarding all the resources and pushing their urban agendas on the whole state, it would be a bad precedent right now to blow up the state into 3. How many other states would follow suit? How many states do we want? 200? We have a unity problem as it is. That said, California is a cluster****. Yeah yeah yeah, they are one of the worlds biggest economies. But they are also among the most expensive to live, highest crime rates, staggering homelessness and unfettered illegal immigration. They are the 5th largest economy in the world in SPITE of their leadership, not because of it. If they ran the state right, they could be the number one economy in the world.
    Last edited by atwater27; 06-13-2018 at 11:43 PM.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information