Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 10 players who've stood out during Denver's voluntary OTAs

Default 10 players who've stood out during Denver's voluntary OTAs

The Denver Broncos just wrapped up three weeks of Organized Team Activities. Peppered throughout were 10 voluntary practices, as mandated by the NFL.

Compared to training camp, OTAs might not be as immediately affecting, but they are a piece to the greater puzzle the Broncos are putting together in 2018. With a Draft class of 10 players, plus a crop of undrafted rookies, the Broncos are rolling into this summer with a wealth of youth on the roster.

Combined with the Draft classes of 2016 and 2017, the Broncos are no longer one of the oldest teams in the league, as they were when the likes of*Peyton Manning*and*DeMarcus Ware*were around. This is a young Broncos squad, replete with unknown quantities.

But that’s a good thing. And it could be the impetus of a monumental turnaround.

Coming off a 5-11 season, the Broncos are sandwiched between a World Championship and a new era. But in order for Denver to emerge from this awkward period, realize it's goals, and make some new entries in the franchise annals, the youth of the roster has to carry it’s weight.

With that in mind, which players stood out over the last three weeks of voluntary OTAs? While it isn’t easy to distinguish oneself without pads and without contact, several players found a way to do so.

Rest:
    https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/ContentGallery/10-players-whove-stood-out-during-the-Denver-Broncos-voluntary-OTA-practices--118925322
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following 8 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

I think Cortland Sutton could end up being the steal of the draft. Can't wait to see this guy play in preseason.

Josey Jewell seems like a tackling machine and has got high praise from teammates.

I like how most of our draft class were team captains and leaders. John really seemed to nail the draft this time.

4. The Following 10 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I think Cortland Sutton could end up being the steal of the draft. Can't wait to see this guy play in preseason.

Josey Jewell seems like a tackling machine and has got high praise from teammates.

I like how most of our draft class were team captains and leaders. John really seemed to nail the draft this time.
    Until we see them play for a few years, it's really hard to judge a draft. But on paper I think this is a really good draft by Elway and company.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Now we gel

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Now we gel

I hate you.

10. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

I hate you.
    I'm pretty sure I'm the one he continuously mocks with this response so I'm not sure why you are so down on him lol

12. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Agreed. I can't wait to see Sutton play. I really think he could be a star.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Sutton could be good. Josey likes to tackle. Chubb is a rookie.

16. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I threw out the idea of drafting Sutton at #5 (which is prolly dumb but I did it)...getting him as late as we did was stellar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Sutton could be good. Josey likes to tackle. Chubb is a rookie.

Your responses are always so calculated, well thought out and deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I threw out the idea of drafting Sutton at #5 (which is prolly dumb but I did it)...getting him as late as we did was stellar.
    Reports in mini camp are saying him and Hamilton are doing really good. Hamilton burned Roby deep yesterday and Sutton is winning 1 on 1s. We have alot of money tied up between DT and Sanders so it would be nice if both of these rookies turn out being the real deal in case we lose one of our starters.

Josey Jewell continues to earn praise from coaches & teammates

ByCHAD JENSEN*

The Denver Broncos were able to trap lightning in a bottle with the off-ball linebacker duo of*Brandon Marshalland*Danny Trevathan*in 2015, but since then, one could argue that it’s been the weakness of the defense. That’s why when Denver selected Iowa linebacker*Josey Jewell*at the top of the fourth round in the 2018 NFL Draft, it felt like football serendipity.

Coming out of high school, Jewell was a two-star recruit who found the demand for his services in Division I NCAA football rather mild. However, after accepting an offer from Iowa, he doggedly attacked the game and quickly grew his role as a Hawkeye.

By the time Jewell walked away from Iowa football, he was the school’s all-time leading tackler, a ‘Permanent Team Captain’ and entered the NFL Draft as the reigning Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year. It was Jewell, not the likes of 2018 first-rounders*Roquan Smith*and*Tremaine Edmunds, who was named the recipient of the 2017 Jack Lambert Award (given to the nation’s top linebacker).

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Denver-Broncos-rookie-LB-Josey-Jewell-continues-to-earn-praise-from-coaches-teammates--119209266/

22. The Following 6 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The Broncos had exactly two starters over the age of 30 when they won the SB, they weren’t even close to being the oldest team in the league.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

24. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I don't like his first name.....never trust anyone with 2 last names as a name

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I don't like his first name.....never trust anyone with 2 last names as a name
    I hear ya, I don't trust anyone who plays the oboe.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information