Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MMQB season predictions

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I think a lot of people would have said the same about 5-11 last year. You just never know. I agree that 4-12 seems unlikely, but not much shocks me in sports anymore, and that certainly wouldn't.
    That's the only reason I didn't flat out dismiss it. Last year I remember the amount of derision I had for people suggesting we'd finish worse than 9-7 when we "got so much better" over the offseason. They were right, I was clearly wrong.

On paper, we've improved, we'll see where we are on the field. Everything always looks better on paper. I am sticking firm to saying I believe in 12-4, but 4-12 is entirely possible especially with coach Radio at the head of this team. I'm going to stay optimistic this season for as long as I can, but I'm a bit more open to the possibility that things could go wrong and we could finish poorly.

I’m more concerned with Woods f’ng up the D again. I think Musgrave just tells VJ to hold his beer and will get the most out of the pieces we have on offense now.

I see a competent offense and a reinvigorated defense putting the Broncos in the chase for a wild card spot.

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I’m more concerned with Woods f’ng up the D again. I think Musgrave just tells VJ to hold his beer and will get the most out of the pieces we have on offense now.

I see a competent offense and a reinvigorated defense putting the Broncos in the chase for a wild card spot.
    That's where I'm at Dog. I don't see the offense as an issue this year. I'm concerned about the defense BUT last yera the defensive struggles really boiled down to the fact that we weren't getting pressure. I think adding chubb and moving Walker back to his natural position will have a big impact on that. If we start getting pressure defensively again, we'll start getting turnovers again and this defense will be fine.

I think our entire season this year hinges on our pass rush.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I was bored so I wrote this.

Best case: The defense returns to dominant form, forcing turnovers left and right propelling the Broncos to a 13-3 or 12-4 record. The rest of the division struggles to move the ball due to Roby sliding in and the defense not losing a step with Talib in LA. Joe Woods becomes more creative in generating pressure, not that he needs to because of addition of Bradley Chubb. The adjustments of Joe Woods last year in giving up less rush yards turn out to pay dividends, as teams start to rely on their aerial game, leading to more strip sacks and INTs.

Offensively, Jake Butt develops into a stud TE, giving the Broncos the interior receiving threat they have desperately needed. With the middle freed up, Demaryius Thomas goes off for a career year. Case Keenum has plenty of time to make his progressions, because Garrett Bolles and Leary have the left side absolutely anchored down. With an actual offensive line, Devontae Booker has a 1200 yard season at the head of the RBBC the Broncos have utilized. Freeman and Sutton turn out to be great draft picks, being effective role players in their rookie years.

Special teams: Isiah McKenzie is cut at final cuts, and is picked up by the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders put him out there in week 2 with the game tied late in the 4th quarter, and Isiah McKenzie does what he does best—fumble the football. Thanks to a short field, Case Keenum is able to run the clock down so that McManus can nail the game winner. Punter King turns out to be a stud worth every penny, giving the Broncos an edge in the field position battle all year long.

Best case verdict range: 9-7 to 15-1

Worst case: The Broncos continue to be a dominant team—every Wednesday practice, this football team is on absolute fire. Vance Joseph has them making plays left and right, performing amazing on Wednesdays. Unfortunately, Sundays tell another story. The team continues its struggles from last year. The team sorely lacks leadership, and Vance Joseph tries absolutely everything he can but shows that he has no business coaching a team. Just like last year, Vance Joseph tries everything--he benches a struggling Case Keenum for Paxton Lynch after an 0-3 start riddled with turnovers, and then Paxton continues to perform with the same lack of accuracy as last year, leading the Broncos to 0-5. Elway steps in, putting Vance Joseph out of his misery, but the damage has been done. Defensively, the Broncos are solid in the YPG category, statistically stopping opponents, but not forcing turnovers or getting themselves off the field.

Isiah McKenzie is back. He starts the year off hot, with 3 touchdowns in the first 2 games. Unfortunately, the fumbles continue as well. Although McKenzie shows electrifying return talent with his early season touchdown spree, he has a stretch of 5 fumbles in 3 games, including one late in the fourth quarter leading to a week 2 loss at home to the Raiders.

Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders show major signs of aging, and the Broncos continue to struggle to find an interior receiving option. Jake Butt turns out to be a wasted pick, and the rest of the TE room continues to be a bunch of scrubs. Carlos Henderson turns out to be a bust, with a few drive killing drops when he actually does get in the game.

Defensively, Roby is no substitute for Talib and gets burned left and right by opposing #1 receivers. In a week 2 match-up against Amari Cooper, Roby gets beat badly twice—for 50 and 60 yard scores. The rest of the secondary fares no better, especially with a sudden decline of Darian Stewart. Parks and Simmons turn out to be non-factors, Wolfe gets hurt again, and Gotsis/Walker turn out to be duds. The defense absolutely collapses, with Von Miller and Chris Harris turning out to be the only decent players on that side of the football.

Worst case verdict range: 6-10 to 0-16

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I was bored so I wrote this.

Best case: The defense returns to dominant form, forcing turnovers left and right propelling the Broncos to a 13-3 or 12-4 record. The rest of the division struggles to move the ball due to Roby sliding in and the defense not losing a step with Talib in LA. Joe Woods becomes more creative in generating pressure, not that he needs to because of addition of Bradley Chubb. The adjustments of Joe Woods last year in giving up less rush yards turn out to pay dividends, as teams start to rely on their aerial game, leading to more strip sacks and INTs.

Offensively, Jake Butt develops into a stud TE, giving the Broncos the interior receiving threat they have desperately needed. With the middle freed up, Demaryius Thomas goes off for a career year. Case Keenum has plenty of time to make his progressions, because Garrett Bolles and Leary have the left side absolutely anchored down. With an actual offensive line, Devontae Booker has a 1200 yard season at the head of the RBBC the Broncos have utilized. Freeman and Sutton turn out to be great draft picks, being effective role players in their rookie years.

Special teams: Isiah McKenzie is cut at final cuts, and is picked up by the Oakland Raiders. The Raiders put him out there in week 2 with the game tied late in the 4th quarter, and Isiah McKenzie does what he does best—fumble the football. Thanks to a short field, Case Keenum is able to run the clock down so that McManus can nail the game winner. Punter King turns out to be a stud worth every penny, giving the Broncos an edge in the field position battle all year long.

Best case verdict range: 9-7 to 15-1

Worst case: The Broncos continue to be a dominant team—every Wednesday practice, this football team is on absolute fire. Vance Joseph has them making plays left and right, performing amazing on Wednesdays. Unfortunately, Sundays tell another story. The team continues its struggles from last year. The team sorely lacks leadership, and Vance Joseph tries absolutely everything he can but shows that he has no business coaching a team. Just like last year, Vance Joseph tries everything--he benches a struggling Case Keenum for Paxton Lynch after an 0-3 start riddled with turnovers, and then Paxton continues to perform with the same lack of accuracy as last year, leading the Broncos to 0-5. Elway steps in, putting Vance Joseph out of his misery, but the damage has been done. Defensively, the Broncos are solid in the YPG category, statistically stopping opponents, but not forcing turnovers or getting themselves off the field.

Isiah McKenzie is back. He starts the year off hot, with 3 touchdowns in the first 2 games. Unfortunately, the fumbles continue as well. Although McKenzie shows electrifying return talent with his early season touchdown spree, he has a stretch of 5 fumbles in 3 games, including one late in the fourth quarter leading to a week 2 loss at home to the Raiders.

Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders show major signs of aging, and the Broncos continue to struggle to find an interior receiving option. Jake Butt turns out to be a wasted pick, and the rest of the TE room continues to be a bunch of scrubs. Carlos Henderson turns out to be a bust, with a few drive killing drops when he actually does get in the game.

Defensively, Roby is no substitute for Talib and gets burned left and right by opposing #1 receivers. In a week 2 match-up against Amari Cooper, Roby gets beat badly twice—for 50 and 60 yard scores. The rest of the secondary fares no better, especially with a sudden decline of Darian Stewart. Parks and Simmons turn out to be non-factors, Wolfe gets hurt again, and Gotsis/Walker turn out to be duds. The defense absolutely collapses, with Von Miller and Chris Harris turning out to be the only decent players on that side of the football.

Worst case verdict range: 6-10 to 0-16
    Well thought out. I believe the answer might be somewhere in the middle . . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I would be shocked if they had a 4x12 season. Not surprised. Shocked.
    I think a lot of people would have said the same about 5-11 last year. You just never know. I agree that 4-12 seems unlikely, but not much shocks me in sports anymore, and that certainly wouldn't.
    Kubiak alone would have made them 8x8 last year.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

He's a bad HC who was along for the ride. Kubiak gets them to 6-10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    So we got better in basically every area and we're supposed to finish worse this year?
    upgrades at every position!

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Except CB maybe, but I think the secondary as a whole may be better and deeper . . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Not at QB, if you don’t go solely off of one year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Not at QB, if you don’t go solely off of one year.
    Yes, at QB if you don't go solely off one year.

Read my article I posted in the Articles forum. But, of course, you won't.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Kubiak a 'bad' HC? C'mon now.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Except CB maybe, but I think the secondary as a whole may be better and deeper . . .
    Probably the deepest roster I have ever seen
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You are clueless
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Kubiak a 'bad' HC? C'mon now.
    king's kubiak takes are shockingly moronic. . . i don't know what's wrong with him. . .

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information