Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: Suicides now the 10th leading cause of deaths in US

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I thought that was Shazam?
    oh shit, King, I think you might be right. damn

So, do we think the opiod crisis plays into the increase in rates. Either, accidental overdoses being classified as suicide, or simply the downward spiral of drug use and then the destruction of ones life as they try and find alternatives on the street.

I think we were in line with Europe at one time, but now our rate is higher than most of western Europe I believe. I'm curious if there is a break down by economic groups. Meaning, are you more likely to commit suicide at various levels of financial hardship or lack there of.

I may be unfair in this regard, but in many cases it seems to me that upper middle class and wealthy tend to create crises -- mountains out of mole hills. So, I'm curious if the rate is higher or lower in families that are really struggling to get by vs. families that are financially very comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I remember that photo from the smack section in reference to the Raiders many years ago. Good times.
    It’s ageless, like the mullet in western Missouri.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information