Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Suicides now the 10th leading cause of deaths in US

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    Damn Atwater. Sorry about making fun of you in the beef and nut small engine thread. Even if you don't know shit, I was wrong to make a thing of it
    No offense, but what the hell are you talking about? I don’t recall participating or being a subject of said thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoNut View Post
    Damn Atwater. Sorry about making fun of you in the beef and nut small engine thread. Even if you don't know shit, I was wrong to make a thing of it
    Link the small engine thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Following on from atwater's post....

Good sleep is well evidenced to be more effective than anti depressants. Additionally it has the added benefit of universally working for everyone, whereas ssri meds only work for some

On the subject of ssri, it is pretty conclusive now they do not do what we thought they did (stop serotonin depletion in the brain) the scientific community know they DO work for some, but have no idea why. That's why getting the med dosage right is still an art not a science and why often many changes to the type and potency of meds are required.

Lifestyle choices are so important, social connection and meaningful relationships are crucial also..... Much more significant statistically than meds, (but you will never read a study supporting this unless you really dig as so many studies into drug efficacy are sponsored by pharmaceutical companies)

This will blow your mind...... The same drug can have multiple clinical trials..... They only publish the trials that support the effectiveness of the drug and are not required by law to disclose that several other trials identified no improvement, or that the placebo had the same results

4. The Following 8 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Pharma commercials are absolute poison.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    I think we are the only/one of the few that allows them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

8. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think we are the only/one of the few that allows them?
    Telling people telling docs what to give them. Yeah first amendment. But those docs get Medicare money. Such an easy fix.

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

when i first started watching NFL via internet subscription - it was the first time i had ever saw those commercials as the streams just come from US tv! They are unreal!

I believe it is only you and New Zealand that allow this.

"Ask your doctor if ............ is right for you. Side effects can cause symptoms much worse that the ailment you currently have!"

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

The fact that they are required to put the side effects on (either legally or for liability reasons) and that we as a society are so used to hearing a list of awful side effects, that we just tune them out, is pretty amazing.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    when i first started watching NFL via internet subscription - it was the first time i had ever saw those commercials as the streams just come from US tv! They are unreal!

I believe it is only you and New Zealand that allow this.

"Ask your doctor if ............ is right for you. Side effects can cause symptoms much worse that the ailment you currently have!"
    "Some patients had suicidal or homicidal thoughts... But, hey look at the lovely young couple playing with their kid in the park....."

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

The financial incentives doctors get from pharmaceutical companies creates a huge conflict of interest, IMO.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

We need a lot more mental health doctors and facilities.

20. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'll be real here for a second. Two days ago I had a suicidal thought. Was up in BC and wanted to enjoy myself but nothing seemed fun or interesting and I wanted company. The upset part of me just decided to take the inner dialogue there of its own accord. Briefly, and then I told that voice to s t f u. Kind of like if you have any inappropriate thought.

I'm 99% sure that I'd never do it, I've been way worse and pretty sure no way I'd ever go that route, but the truth is my mental health is something I have to actively fight for. I'm usually a super positive person with a surplus of positive energy to share with others. Sometimes my inner dialogue goes a little dark. Talking about this shit is probably better than ignoring it and pretending it away. If anyone ever wants to talk or PM me about stuff, I'm always open and never judge.

This isn't a cry out or anything, just keeping it real. I had some thoughts to work out and had to confront them. Sometimes life comes at you real.
    If I didn't have kids and shit, I'd probably have done something a long time ago. Instead, I sleep and read too ******* much and don't like leaving home because then I come in contact with the very humans I despise. I do family stuff and I've cut off having friends, because people are mostly just shitty and they let you down and try to **** your ex husband or some other tomfoolery that just makes you think...**** all these ****** up people. :shrugs:

If it's any indication of what I think of humans, the people I am closest to and feel are family are all of you. Online friends don't usually **** you over in the ways people do in daily life.

22. The Following 7 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    No offense, but what the hell are you talking about? I don’t recall participating or being a subject of said thread.
    Like I pretty much stated, you're not all there

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The financial incentives doctors get from pharmaceutical companies creates a huge conflict of interest, IMO.
    No shit. I can't believe that aspect isn't regulated

Link the small engine thread.
    I dont' even know how to do that

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information