Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicides now the 10th leading cause of deaths in US

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I see this, and I see your thinking.

So let's run with it. Why do you think they don't do this?

No clue man. I do not know anything about this. My shot in the dark (based upon what you and others have said already): They do not feel like they are good enough or worth it to pull them off. Like no one will appreciate or even notice what they just did?
    :shurgs: ???

To that then id say (if that is close)- why not then? If they are that down about it why not? If no one does notice or appreciate it, then theyll feel even worse, and then go for it, end yourself. But (once again only a guess) chances are those actions would be noticed and appreciated. And who knows, the positivity that comes from that may be enough to lift said suicidee from their depths. Maybe enough to have it an addiction. Maybe anytime they get down they get addicted to helping someone else? Maybe not. Maybe it is enough to spark a movement?

Feel free to say "At no point where you even close to the right answer, we are all dumber for having listened to this, you award me no points, and may god have mercy on my soul."
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I'm in bed, going to sleep. But I see people reading this and not posting. If anyone on this board is struggling, or wants to explore their own, or a loved ones mental health more, pm me. We can email as much as needed.

UR I will reply to your question about sacrifice tomorrow when I am on the laptop.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I'm in bed, going to sleep. But I see people reading this and not posting. If anyone on this board is struggling, or wants to explore their own, or a loved ones mental health more, pm me. We can email as much as needed.

UR I will reply to your question about sacrifice tomorrow when I am on the laptop.
    It's only 1400 here. You can't go to bed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I find this view limiting. I don't believe it to be true. But I have no evidence otherwise.
    Have you ever been sleep deprived and had a mild hallucination? Maybe during SERE? It really doesn't take much

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It's only 1400 here. You can't go to bed.
    Lol, midnight here and I am up early to go to a theme park!

7. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Have you ever been sleep deprived and had a mild hallucination? Maybe during SERE? It really doesn't take much
    No, strangely. I actually enjoyed the isolation torture bit. Gave me some time with my thoughts. I hoped I'd hallucinate because it would be kind of interesting, but alas. Even acid was a huge disappointment in that regard.

Really my point is that I don't think we understand the totality of existence yet. Humans have always been in a state of ignorance about the nature of their reality. I expect now is no different, we just have decades or centuries or millennia to pass before we have a more robust understanding of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    No, strangely. I actually enjoyed the isolation torture bit. Gave me some time with my thoughts. I hoped I'd hallucinate because it would be kind of interesting, but alas. Even acid was a huge disappointment in that regard.

Really my point is that I don't think we understand the totality of existence yet. Humans have always been in a state of ignorance about the nature of their reality. I expect now is no different, we just have decades or centuries or millennia to pass before we have a more robust understanding of it.
    I agree with that.

But I don't think they are related points.

Do we totally understand how the brain works.... Nope. Is the seratonin theory in the process of getting blown out of the water, yup. But do we know that basic changes to our environment, biology or experiences change the way we interpret reality. 100% yes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I agree with that.

But I don't think they are related points.

Do we totally understand how the brain works.... Nope. Is the seratonin theory in the process of getting blown out of the water, yup. But do we know that basic changes to our environment, biology or experiences change the way we interpret reality. 100% yes.
    Certainly--I'm not advocating some kind of flat earth theory. I have a hunch that there are precursor phenomena associated with the process of making a choice, something that is pulling the puppet strings of the physical phenomena we obverse--atoms and forces and whatnot. That makes me sound ridiculous, and it's crackpot, and not something that I really believe in--just an example of something that would be beyond the limit of sheer brain chemistry. More along the lines of the question of whether or not humans have any agency in their existence, or whether it is all a pinball game of prearranged apparent causality with no real choice (fate v. free will).

This might not make any sense...
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

It’s weird how different cultures handle stress differently.

Some cultures, I heard, rub each other’s feces all over themselves.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

To be super clear--observation and understanding of brain chemistry at this stage of human understanding is massively relevant and useful.

16. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    It’s weird how different cultures handle stress differently.

Some cultures, I heard, rub each other’s feces all over themselves.
    Fecal smearing.....interesting.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Fecal smearing.....interesting.
    Like if you can deal with that, everything else is simple.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Like if you can deal with that, everything else is simple.
    Just think..... me and the wife has a disagreement, our therapy, rubbing our crap over each other.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    When there’s nothing good for you in the world and everything feels like it will turn to dust it is what it is. It makes you feel that way, whether it’s the chemicals in your brain or Val’s rationalizing scenarios.
    Yep.

Its why i tend to laugh when people start throwing out the word "coward" as if its something that is so easily controlled or understood.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yep.

Its why i tend to laugh when people start throwing out the word "coward" as if its something that is so easily controlled or understood.
    Even if you can logically 'know' that those feelings are wrong, you still feel them. It can be a constant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information