Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicides now the 10th leading cause of deaths in US

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Ok, you seem to Bee annoyed by a post intended to show contrition

I acknowledged the "taking your time" as my message was quoted, I presumed that meant you "replied with quote " but took some time composing a message to ensure it was civil.

I am sorry for misunderstanding.

I am anti Trump, that is very true. But I honestly thought we could criticise politicians as people as long as we avoided their policies. As before, your comments are noted.

All of the offending posts have been edited by me, but they are still in other people's quotes. Perhaps a mod could go through and delete all offending posts from the CNN comment onwards?
    I took some time to see what my dogs were barking at. To drink some coffee. To enjoy the view. I didn't realize that if the time stamps were greater than x apart that it would be thrown in my face in some way.

Anyway, personally, based on the serious nature of this thread, including your well thought out contributions considering your field of work, I think you removing, but more importantly refraining, going forward will keep this thread on the serious topic it is about.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I wasn't throwing anything in your face, I made a faulty assumption

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Orangehoof's joke was definitely not worth dragging this beautiful thread into some third world P&R forum shithole.
    There were multiple political jokes. There was no reason to go after a specific poster.

King, if you ever need to talk, you know where to find me buddy.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There were multiple political jokes. There was no reason to go after a specific poster.

King, if you ever need to talk, you know where to find me buddy.
    I acknowledged that, but thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I acknowledged that, but thanks for pointing out the obvious.
    I'm sorry. I stopped reading the details after you singled out Dave.
    Last edited by Slick; 06-10-2018 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Personal attack
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Has the mix of overdose (do they consider this poison?) vs gun deaths changed as the rate has increased? Are there more opiod overdoses being mischaracterized as suicide? Also, I wonder if it's normal, obviously not good, but normal, for them to spike following really bad financial times, and if so, will we see a decrease with the economy rebounding, unemployment recovering (great looking, but still not everyone has re-entered work force).

I would bet the polarized nature of the country adds to the suicide rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Sure can't help. Drug addiction. Financial stress. Grief. I imagine there are many factors that can lead a person to being so overwhelmed they feel it's the only option.

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm sorry. I stopped reading the details after you singled out Dave.
    Yeah, T prolly should have kept it in his trousers this time. Not singling you out for an attack buddy, blame goes all around, myself included--but you did go four finger death punch a wee bit.
    Last edited by Slick; 06-10-2018 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Fallout
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Really?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

If someone wants to off themselves because they can’t handle election results, I won’t shed a tear. Natural selection mate.

16. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

That’s not what that meant at all.

Oh well. This thread has its run.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Really?
    Is it another stresser? Does it not fluctuate? Would it not be a factor, as in contributor? So munch of politics is based in identity, and in this country that’s categorical. We see ourselves in what we voted for for instance. When that’s rejected, or just PERCEIVED to be rejected, is it so shocking that’s another thing to add into the pile?

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Is it another stresser? Does it not fluctuate? Would it not be a factor, as in contributor? So munch of politics is based in identity, and in this country that’s categorical. We see ourselves in what we voted for for instance. When that’s rejected, or just PERCEIVED to be rejected, is it so shocking that’s another thing to add into the pile?
    I guess man. It's far from my personal experience to project stuff like that into my own life. I guess some people see it as alienation from their beliefs when they see e.g. result of a Trump election or an Obama election and so on. I guess it's an external stimuli just like any other.

I guess man. It's far from my personal experience to project stuff like that into my own life. I guess some people see it as alienation from their beliefs when they see e.g. result of a Trump election or an Obama election and so on. I guess it's an external stimuli just like any other.
    Well, if a person has a really strong belief that reflects themselves, and we know how deep and how broad identity politics can run, and there's someone antithetical to that in power, on whatever level, and that powerful person takes actions, it's not a shocker.

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information