Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Suicides now the 10th leading cause of deaths in US

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    True, but the vast majority are genuinely good people that really care for others.
    The vast majority are complicit in their silence.

2. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Now.....Joe would you just hug King this once, so he feels better.
    I would love to hug King. Not sure my arms are long enough though...

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

True, but the vast majority are genuinely good people that really care for others.
    Everyone has both. And even 'good' people do awful things. You might have someone who is a great father but a miserable husband. Or someone who is a wonderful boss but a horrid daughter/son. It goes on and on.

And honestly the 'caring' part of people falls short so much. We're garbage - it's up to the people who care to try to work for a better world and build it. That's a shitty and slow disgusting grind which often comes to fruition as those people who did the work die off.

That's the negative part of it.

But the positive part is that changes do occur - they become demonstrative. And now that we know more about the human brain there are advances. Slowly but surely getting mental health help is less frowned upon. And while everyone does awful shit that they'd be ashamed of if they were being honest, we can often find that the good can outweigh the bad, and even the bad do make some sort of effort. It's a ball game. If both parts are in play, you just pick the one you want and work for it while not being a blind idealistic person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Explain yourself.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

At least in the state of Alaska, it's extremely hard to take a child away from abusive parents. What's a person to do?

The first mistake you make is you view their situation, through your eyes, finding options, solutions and alternatives available to you, in your current state of mind, physical health, affluence and with the resilience you have gained from any trauma you may or may not have encountered.

That's your truth.

Theirs is very different.

There is so much to day on this topic, rather than provide a Joel length post, I'll do it in bites.

No one likes teeth dave
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Everyone has both. And even 'good' people do awful things. You might have someone who is a great father but a miserable husband. Or someone who is a wonderful boss but a horrid daughter/son. It goes on and on.

And honestly the 'caring' part of people falls short so much. We're garbage - it's up to the people who care to try to work for a better world and build it. That's a shitty and slow disgusting grind which often comes to fruition as those people who did the work die off.

That's the negative part of it.

But the positive part is that changes do occur - they become demonstrative. And now that we know more about the human brain there are advances. Slowly but surely getting mental health help is less frowned upon. And while everyone does awful shit that they'd be ashamed of if they were being honest, we can often find that the good can outweigh the bad, and even the bad do make some sort of effort. It's a ball game. If both parts are in play, you just pick the one you want and work for it while not being a blind idealistic person.
    I don't and won't believe this garbage for longer than 1 second. You're generalizing too much. Most people - at least in my experience - are good hearted, stand up individuals who would help someone through a crisis if necessary, or do what they could to help them.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I would love to hug King. Not sure my arms are long enough though...

It would have to be a unified effort, such as a group hug.

Love ya, King.

14. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Explain yourself.
    People convince themselves doing nothing is ok, or they refuse to acknowledge what's going on. For the most part nothing terrible happens and those people go about their lives believing themselves to be good moral people.

But when a child dies, or a spouse is hospitalised...... The case always is filled with accounts from those close to the family staying "one time I saw....". But they choose to do nothing at the time. They are complicit in their silence. The only difference between them and the others, the others don't get to feel guilty about it for the rest of their lives

16. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I would normally say these threads should focus just on the macro, but considering my belly, these fat jokes are fair play.

To add to Val's post to UR - you might see situations and be able to play 'chess' with them, but keep in mind that in your mind you're sacrificing another person's pawns.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Most people - at least in my experience - are good hearted, stand up individuals who would help someone through a crisis if necessary, or do what they could to help them.
    Only if they fit a very specific criteria that is important to the person helping

19. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I don't and won't believe this garbage for longer than 1 second. You're generalizing too much. Most people - at least in my experience - are good hearted, stand up individuals who would help someone through a crisis if necessary, or do what they could to help them.
    Half the post was just positive. You call me out for generalizing and then cite to your experiences. That's dirty pool, but I didn't provide citations, either.

A person with mental illness wants to stay alive, while also constantly thinking no one wants them and they're better off dead. It's a struggle. Most people don't want to die.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    A person with mental illness wants to stay alive, while also constantly thinking no one wants them and they're better off dead. It's a struggle. Most people don't want to die.
    Boom

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Damn, I wish I was that succinct

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information