Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Terrell Owens won't attend Hall of Fame induction ceremony

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    At the last place I worked I said that to the boss when he told me sold the company. It was glorious.
    That rings of true glory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

The more backlash this gets, the more Pro-T.O. I am becoming on this issue. The Hall is supposed to be about the players, not padding the egos of the sports writers that get to decide who is in and when they get in. T.O. said thanks for the honor, but he's not going to attend the ceremony. Chris Carter getting in before him was an absolute joke, but T.O. is keeping this classy and not going into why he didn't attend. Inevitably, there will be a 30-for-30, A Football Life, and/or a Players Tribune article on this at some point down the road, but if the guy doesn't want to attend he doesn't have to.

Good for him.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

I miss UnderArmour as a poster.

Post more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Cris Carter getting in him before him was not an absolute joke.

There was a time he was the second best active receiver in the game, after Jerry Rice. He also stopped playing before TO, so chronologically it makes sense he would get in before TO.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

T.O. was much better, and Carter had to wait awhile because he was an absolute ***** to everyone in the media. So, when they were up around the same time, TO, being the superior player, should have gotten in.

IMO.

I think?

I don't know.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    T.O. was much better, and Carter had to wait awhile because he was an absolute ***** to everyone in the media. So, when they were up around the same time, TO, being the superior player, should have gotten in.

IMO.

I think?

I don't know.

I respect your opinion, but don’t agree. The issue is with the Hall voters. They seem to have a bias against receivers. IMO, both Carter and TO should have been first ballot players.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

There was a time he was the second best active receiver in the game, after Jerry Rice. He also stopped playing before TO, so chronologically it makes sense he would get in before TO.
    Whoops, went back and looked. I thought they had been on the ballot at the same time, but Carter got in several years before. I forgot just how long T.O. had played. Marvin Harrison should not have been inducted over Terrell Owens.

There is only one receiver statistically better than TO across the board, and that's Jerry Rice. If you compared TO and Carter, TO is better in virtually every category. For perspective, T.O. is 2nd all time in receiving yards—Carter is 12th. TO is 3rd all time in receiving touchdowns—Carter is 4th with 23 fewer. T.O. was more of a game-breaking receiver than Carter ever was too. There is no denying that head-to-head T.O. is just better across the board than everyone except Rice, which can only mean that politics were involved in his wait.

For T.O. not to be first-ballot was completely politically motivated by sportswriters conspiring against him, and the guy has every right to tell the Hall to screw itself. He's at least keeping it classy right now, but I'm sure he will be shooting his mouth off in a year or two. The whole thing is ironic too, because T.O. was such a boom to sports journalism and these voters undoubtedly profited from all of the drama they got to drum up off of T.O. stories. And now, they get to manufacture more stories about "HOW DARE HE DISRESPECT US I WOULD NEVER HAVE VOTED FOR HIM" leaks.

11. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

I respect your opinion, but don’t agree. The issue is with the Hall voters. They seem to have a bias against receivers. IMO, both Carter and TO should have been first ballot players.
    I respect your opinion, and I am okay with us disagreeing here. At the time Carter retired, he was top three in everything, IIRC. His numbers are still silly good.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I can't wait until Randy Moss gets in.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I can't wait until Randy Moss gets in.
    IMO, there was a 7-8 year period he was the most dominant receiver to ever play the game to that point.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea I laughed at that comment to.

He probably would have dropped his bust anyway.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    He probably would have dropped his bust anyway.
    Indeed

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information