Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Report: Beth Bowlen wants to become controlling owner of Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I hope his kids don't make this into a shitshow......Denver Broncos deserve better than that. Mr. Bowlen did such great things for the Denver Broncos. I know he's still alive, but he is a shell of what he use to be.

I believe Carol, PN, and GEM need to go in there, and do some ass whoopin.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I hope his kids don't make this into a shitshow......Denver Broncos deserve better than that. Mr. Bowlen did such great things for the Denver Broncos. I know he's still alive, but he is a shell of what he use to be.

I believe Carol, PN, and GEM need to go in there, and do some ass whoopin.
    Yes. I would trust all three as fiduciaries of the Broncos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yes. I would trust all three as fiduciaries of the Broncos.
    They're my favorite 3 Bronco Ladies. My apologies, I did forget Jawsy. I shall take my punishment. All 4 ladies are genuine Bronco ladies.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Thanks nomad and hawg!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Found this little tidbit interesting, and not all that surprising.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Why was she dismissed in 2015?

Seems to have a lot to do with why she is unworthy...

And they better get someone who is worthy.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Troy Renck
    ‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    9h9 hours ago

In light of recent news, interesting nugget in lengthy @woodypaige column for @CSGazetteSports. He notes in previous interview with #Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Brittany is the only child Pat Bowlen mentioned as potential successor. #Denver7

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default A closer look at favored Bronco ownership successor Brittany Bowlen

KUSA – When the Pat Bowlen Trust fired back at Beth Bowlen-Wallace’s press-released proclamation that she’s met all the criteria and she’s ready to become controlling owner of the Denver Broncos, the trustees indicated in their strongly-worded response she was not the only child interested in succeeding their father.

A Bowlen daughter is getting closer to one day taking control of the team but it appears unlikely it is Beth.

Introducing, Brittany Bowlen.

Family and Trust sources – including the man himself, owner Pat Bowlen -- have been telling 9NEWS for years that Brittany Bowlen is the child with the best chance to one day lead the team.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...n/73-561043869

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Troy Renck
    ‏Verified account @TroyRenck
    9h9 hours ago

In light of recent news, interesting nugget in lengthy @woodypaige column for @CSGazetteSports. He notes in previous interview with #Broncos owner Pat Bowlen that Brittany is the only child Pat Bowlen mentioned as potential successor. #Denver7
    Brittany sat and had lunch with her dad every single day until the time he wasn't coming to the building daily. She has lived the Broncos life for a long time. Seems Beth went and lived in Hawaii for a couple of decades and now is coming back in later in life. I think Brittany is the one. I reacted earlier in the thread with not having a lot of information. After reading more, it seems that Brittany is the best choice.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Brittany sat and had lunch with her dad every single day until the time he wasn't coming to the building daily. She has lived the Broncos life for a long time. Seems Beth went and lived in Hawaii for a couple of decades and now is coming back in later in life. I think Brittany is the one. I reacted earlier in the thread with not having a lot of information. After reading more, it seems that Brittany is the best choice.
    But a girl, seriously, a girl to run an NFL team...

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    But a girl, seriously, a girl to run an NFL team...

You want to fight?

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    You want to fight?
    Only via the internet, because I think I would get my ass kicked in person!!!

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Only via the internet, because I think I would get my ass kicked in person!!!
    Good answer, T!

21. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I have some real problems with her. If she truly has done everything that is required to be controlling owner, why did she hire a public affairs firm to make her announcement? Was that to see how the public would react? Why did she just not sit down with the three trustees and discuss it? If true, it was stated that a couple other kids have expressed interest also. Obviously they did it the right way, rather than making a Broadway Production out of it.
    There's a dispute between Beth Bowlen and the Bowlen Family Trust and Joe Ellis.

Ellis and the other trustees have clearly no intention of naming her as the new owner and will wait until one of her sisters is "ready" in their eyes. This could cause problems if none of the others is "ready" by the time Pat dies.

And that can happen pretty quickly. Advanced Alzheimers patients can lose the ability to absorb food. Then they die in a couple of weeks. It can be quite rapid at the end.

The trust clearly had some issues with Beth and her history is not one of major accomplishments, but how many children of billionaires do anything for themselves?

In short, none of the other children is even as accomplished as Beth, so she is clearly positioning herself to make a lawsuit when they try and bypass her. The Trust is saying "we've told her and her lawyers" why she isn't being named.

Shorter version:

Joe Ellis: "We don't like you. So go away and take your lawsuit with you. we're never naming you to owner, and are trying to figure out a way to name one of your sisters, eventually. "

Beth: "If you try and name someone arguably less competent than me, and all of them are at this point, then we'll see you in court. Your discretion is not unlimited you know."

Joe Ellis: "That's why we're waiting. We know we can't get away with it at this point, but there's no hurry. Eventually someone else will be qualified."

Beth is by Pat's first wife, the others are by his second wife Annabel. No love lost there.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information