Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Report: Beth Bowlen wants to become controlling owner of Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Mere formality. Chicks dig me.
    Fat chicks need lovin too
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

2. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Fat chicks need lovin too
    They try harder.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    She is also fully informed as to why her employment with the team ended in 2015.
    That statement kind of stands out to me. Was she fired? I'm curious as to what happened.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i'm afraid this thing is gonna turn into a real cluster before it's all said and done. . . it truly sucks, but it does seem like none of pat's kids are really qualified-- which is why we have the trust in the first place. . . if none of them step up, i wonder how long the league will allow the trust to run the team without pressuring them to sell. . . i'm a little conflicted-- emotion suggests that the team is best served remaining in the bowlen family, but who knows if one of the kids would treat it the way mr. B did?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    i'm afraid this thing is gonna turn into a real cluster before it's all said and done. . . it truly sucks, but it does seem like none of pat's kids are really qualified-- which is why we have the trust in the first place. . . if none of them step up, i wonder how long the league will allow the trust to run the team without pressuring them to sell. . . i'm a little conflicted-- emotion suggests that the team is best served remaining in the bowlen family, but who knows if one of the kids would treat it the way mr. B did?
    As long as Mr. Bowlen is alive, the trust is viable to manage the team.

What we have to worry about is what happens after his death. The NFL won't pressure any decision prior to that, but after his death I think things will move more quickly. On the plus side (for us fans), he might live with alzheimer's for many more years if otherwise healthy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

Does anybody else find that the fact Joe Ellis was put into the position to pick his future boss disturbing? Pat has been one of the best owners in ANY sports. Period. However, this seems like it was a situation set up to fail. Especially considering that there are two separate families (mothers at least) vying for control of ownership. Now that Pat's brother has come out on Beth's side, this is inevitably going to turn into a lawsuit or the franchise being sold outside of the Bowlens.

I didn't like the part where the trust said that she is neither capable nor qualified to take over. The trust better not **** this shit up....they stand to lose $$$ and power when whichever kid takes over. Bowlen set them up to grant ownership to the kid(s) not for them to be in power forever.

And the Klis comment about the public campaign...he's Ellis' little bitch boy so he'll say whatever he's told like a good little bitch.

They're going to turn this into a 3 ring circus in order to keep control.
    Actually, he set them in charge to find a suitable owner. It was made clear that being one of Pat's kids doesn't automatically qualify, meaning, if none of the kids step up, the trustees have the option to sell the team.

They aren't simply holding it for one of the kids, though the kids would be the ideal choice.

Well then they should break some of those reasons why so they don't look like they are pulling a power move to save their positions of power and $$$.

The league isn't going to live with this situation forever, they've put up with it this long out of respect for Bowlen and what he's done for the NFL, but that won't last forever. Currently the structure is against league rules, so it needs to be figured out quickly.
    The league actually seems very content with the situation. They've given their support for Joe Ellis in several occasions and they basically renewed his contact as a temporary stand in for an owner for five years.

There really isn't anything indicating that the league is frustrated with the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The league actually seems very content with the situation. They've given their support for Joe Ellis in several occasions and they basically renewed his contact as a temporary stand in for an owner for five years.

There really isn't anything indicating that the league is frustrated with the current situation.
    For the time being, but we aren't really any closer to a solution now than we were 5 years ago when it went into place.

For the time being, but we aren't really any closer to a solution now than we were 5 years ago when it went into place.
    My gut feeling is they are waiting on Brittney. She feels like the right fit, but she needs more time. I'm fine with things the way they are, a five year extension means the NFL is comfortable too.

For now, that's all I need

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Until Mr. Bowlen passes away, there's nothing to worry about.

While he is still alive, even if incapacitated, taking the franchise away from him would be unthinkable. The rest of the owner's aren't going to sign on to that for very obvious reasons.

When he passes there will be more pressure, but until then, there is no deadline to worry about imo.

16. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default A closer look at whether Beth Bowlen Wallace has met Pat Bowlen Trust criteria

KUSA – It’s not easy cutting through the melodrama that has unfolded between Pat Bowlen’s daughter Beth Bowlen Wallace and those in charge of the Pat Bowlen Trust.

But there is one black-and-white issue that is at the center of this disagreement: Has Bowlen Wallace met the criteria that qualifies her to become controlling owner of the Denver Broncos, as she claims?

Or has she so far fallen short of meeting the criteria, as the Trust stated in a strongly worded response to her press release announcing her intent Thursday?
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...a/73-560656775

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I have some real problems with her. If she truly has done everything that is required to be controlling owner, why did she hire a public affairs firm to make her announcement? Was that to see how the public would react? Why did she just not sit down with the three trustees and discuss it? If true, it was stated that a couple other kids have expressed interest also. Obviously they did it the right way, rather than making a Broadway Production out of it.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    My gut feeling is they are waiting on Brittney. She feels like the right fit, but she needs more time. I'm fine with things the way they are, a five year extension means the NFL is comfortable too.

For now, that's all I need
    I agree on it being Brittney.

21. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information