Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Report: Beth Bowlen wants to become controlling owner of Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Okay, I'll take it over. I promise to do my best. I will get fined a lot for calling out the officiating.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

2. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

At least she's attractive.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1972
Size:  21.1 KB

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Oh dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

This sure has the makings of a mess. I've been hoping this gets settled easily and quietly but it's not looking that way now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Okay, I'll take it over. I promise to do my best. I will get fined a lot for calling out the officiating.
    At least if your a controlling owner, you'll be in a position to do something to fix the problems
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

STATEMENT FROM THE PAT BOWLEN TRUST IN RESPONSE TO THE PRESS RELEASE ISSUED BY BETH BOWLEN-WALLACE FOR CONTROLLING OWNERSHIP OF THE BRONCOS:

“The statements issued by Beth Bowlen Wallace today are contrary to Pat Bowlen’s long-standing succession plan that he created over many years of careful consideration.

“Pat was determined to ensure the Broncos would remain a premier franchise in the National Football League in the event of his absence. He chose to sustain the team’s success in that eventuality by appointing three non-family trustees to determine whether any of his children had become qualified at some point to step into his shoes.

“Pat did not designate Beth as a trustee or appoint her to a leadership position, nor did he instruct the trustees to specifically mentor her. He made it clear that his children were not automatically entitled to a role with the team and that they would have to earn that opportunity through their accomplishments, qualifications and character.

“As trustees honoring the clear wishes of Pat, we have thoroughly evaluated whether Beth is capable of succeeding her father as controlling owner. We have determined that she is not capable or qualified at this time.

“We have communicated our decision to Beth and her lawyers on multiple occasions. She is also fully informed as to why her employment with the team ended in 2015.

“Although Beth has declined our invitations to discuss her qualifications for the last two years, we will continue to proactively engage and meet with any of the Bowlen children who express a desire to earn the right to succeed their father.

“As trustees, we will continue to honor Pat’s long-standing plan to determine the Broncos’ future ownership and any potential appointment of his children to leadership positions within the organization. Our decisions will always be guided by what will ensure the long-term success and stability of the Broncos while also doing what’s best for our community, our fans and the NFL.

“Consistent with Pat’s long-standing succession plan, our decisions are not to be dictated by the short-term or personal interests of any individual. We will vigorously defend Pat’s plan in responding to these and any statements that are contrary to Pat’s words and intentions.”

STATEMENT FROM BRONCOS PRESIDENT & CEO JOE ELLIS:

“As a trustee and someone Pat designated to oversee his team, I have an enormous responsibility to carefully administer his succession plan and make decisions in the best interests of the Broncos. We will continue to follow Pat’s blueprint—and nobody else’s—while keeping our focus as an organization on having a successful season.”

Just for some background on the kids:

https://www.denverpost.com/2016/06/2...g-for-broncos/

John shot himself in the foot (figuratively) and Brittany doesn't seem like a contender for at least several years yet. So it kind of comes down to Beth and Pat III. Beth left to finish her last year of law school, but there may be more to that given Klis' post (EDIT and the Trust's statement) stating that the PBTrust had informed her why she wasn't working there currently. Pat III is still with the organization, for whatever reason, and is probably the front runner at this time.

My guess is that Beth had made a run internally and had gotten a chilly reception from the trust, otherwise I would have expected this to be handled quietly until such time as a successor was announced. Because we are reading about it, it seems that the "desperate PR campaign" theory is not far from the mark.

I doubt that the Trust has an intention of usurping power indefinitely. The fact that the league has openly stated that they are happy with the way the Trust is following the succession plan indicates that they have an understanding of the process and are seeing forward movement, not some "going through the motions but not really because we like to be the de facto owners" situation.

Imho of course.
    Last edited by LawDog; 05-31-2018 at 03:55 PM.

11. The Following 7 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I have faith in no one.
    With every day I'm getting closer to that place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    “We have communicated our decision to Beth and her lawyers on multiple occasions. She is also fully informed as to why her employment with the team ended in 2015.

“Although Beth has declined our invitations to discuss her qualifications for the last two years, we will continue to proactively engage and meet with any of the Bowlen children who express a desire to earn the right to succeed their father.
    This part of the statement speaks volumes.

Coming from an organization like this, and parsed carefully by attorneys, this is as close as you're going to get to "forget about it". Whatever caused the team to part ways with her in 2015 was not good for her, and looms large in their decision to say she's not qualified.

14. The Following 8 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

We just need time to gel.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    At least she's attractive.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1972
Size:  21.1 KB
    You okay, buddy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I’d hit it.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I’d hit it.
    Not with consent
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Not with consent
    Mere formality. Chicks dig me.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Mere formality. Chicks dig me.
    They think they can fix you.

No one can fix you - you're eternal garbage and that's why you're my brother.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

23. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information