Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Broncos thoughts: In exactly that order.

Default Random Broncos thoughts: In exactly that order.

-This year is going to be fun as hell to watch the Broncos again! For the same reason it was in '15; That team was the first, for me personally, that made defensive play a singular fascination. This team will bring it back, thanks to the tipping point that is Chubb. I cannot see a world where the Broncos do not lead in sacks in 2018.

-Keenum is exactly whom the Broncos need right now. It's not hard to be able to see a world where something goes wrong at QB for us but I don't think it's a matter of 'Minnesota Case' but rather a matter of the reasonable combination of a hard core, stalwart baller that has seen it all and a really good team (Vikings) that made good football together. Keenum will be even better this year because he's hitting his stride all on his own. The Broncos have allot of 'ifs' but I believe they will be a better team than the '17 Vikings, mostly because Keenum, Chubb, and the new core of rookies-with-work-ethics that will all change 'so close' to 'so right'!

-I don't think it's that big of a negative but am I taking crazy pills, or is there too much faith being placed in Veldheer at RT? Or, the deeper question may be is VJ sneaking under the radar with more of his placing dudes out of their natural positions? He said he wouldn't do it but it seems he is. Veldheer is a left tackle. The only time he played RT was last year and he royally sucked! In the desire to stay positive, I'll just swallow this. It just....keeps...nagging....like an itch in the middle of the back...

-Leading in sacks and improved offensive play will help the secondary to excel. More tipping and fun as **** mayhem.

-Even if I'm not taking crazy pills and Veldheer sucks at RT, Joseph will be a better coach this year. He's hiding in the shadows at the moment and playing the lesser to Elway (well, he is and..this really is the season of the GM in the NFL) but I believe he will find his voice during this off-season and stretch his muscles during the pre-season. He might just be a quiet lion during the season, we'll see. Every player says he's got it in him and he is different with them than he is with the media. We'll see. If I hear one more 'practice was good. I don't know why it didn't translate', all bets are off, though. I think we'll have to swallow more than a few cliches and bad slogans on shirts but I do think VJ has a good head coach in him. He's not a genius and he won't make for miracles but the combo of him and Elway can make for championships.

-Yeah, I'm a Kelly believer. Don't get all rational with me, that has nothing to do with it. Well...actually, go ahead. There are plenty of rational points to be made for Kelly being a great backup and a sleeper starter in the NFL. He could just be the perfect tandem with scrapper Keenum as well. Either way, I am a full-on believer in Lynch being waaaaay more a Madden '18 QB than an actual NFL QB. I quiver in anticipation of him proving reality wrong though. Either way, both CK and CK have the fire that the Broncos need moving forward.

-Can't wait to see what the receiver and TE room will bring.

-Strange new wave coaching combos will hopefully lead the way in future of NFL coaching techniques...and not just be strange, new wave footnotes.

-That's all for now. Contrary to Elway's contrariness, the Broncos are the team to beat in the AFC West!
    Last edited by Ground Control; 05-19-2018 at 10:12 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Elway has been a good GM, all things considered. I can't get past the VJ vs Kyle Shanahan decision though. But Elway built a championship roster from meh...fact. So I have to think VJ isn't a complete reject. This coming year has one storyline far above all others: is VJ HC material? I'll give him a pass, more than one HOF HC has struggled in year one, in particular young ones. Experience is meaningful. He doesn't need to be HOF material. He just needs to assemble the right people and not step on his trailer hitch. This roster is ok, enough to scare a championship run. We will know VJ's merit at season's end, and that is all that 2018 means to me.

But I am curious to see what happens at TE and RB as fun sidelights. Not as important in win loss column for 2018, but the rookie WRs will mean a lot in future seasons and I want to see a spark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Out of their natural position? I think it’s time someone has the brilliance to play Veldheer at TE!

6. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Elway has been a good GM, all things considered. I can't get past the VJ vs Kyle Shanahan decision though. But Elway built a championship roster from meh...fact. So I have to think VJ isn't a complete reject. This coming year has one storyline far above all others: is VJ HC material? I'll give him a pass, more than one HOF HC has struggled in year one, in particular young ones. Experience is meaningful. He doesn't need to be HOF material. He just needs to assemble the right people and not step on his trailer hitch. This roster is ok, enough to scare a championship run. We will know VJ's merit at season's end, and that is all that 2018 means to me.

But I am curious to see what happens at TE and RB as fun sidelights. Not as important in win loss column for 2018, but the rookie WRs will mean a lot in future seasons and I want to see a spark.
    Agreed on all points!

8. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Out of their natural position? I think it’s time someone has the brilliance to play Veldheer at TE!
    Could be amazing. As long as VJ doesn't make the secondary do zone again, I'll take Veldheer at TE all day. Sunshine to Veldheer in the AFCCG for the win!

10. The Following User High Fived Ground Control For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

If Sunshine makes the roster...which should be a lock if it was me. That dude competes like a mfer, let the man shine!
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Will McKenzie make the roster?

Let’s not get people upset Hawg.

I took a picture for you Hawg.

15. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB89C50F-66E4-42E3-A5F4-15683E770BD9.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	12154

The quality isn’t great, because I took it with my phone.

If Sunshine makes the roster...which should be a lock if it was me. That dude competes like a mfer, let the man shine!
    I don’t think he does.

I don’t think he does either.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Let’s not get people upset Hawg.
    It's fascinating man.

The dude has the Hester gene, but he's all up in his head. A good HC knows how turnovers are death to championships. But you could argue the Grossman Bears was a Hester product. So I wonder if they can rehab his jacked mentalities. Probably ought to give him a camp and short leash unless he has already crumbled.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB89C50F-66E4-42E3-A5F4-15683E770BD9.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	12154

The quality isn’t great, because I took it with my phone.
    You are making me cry *******. Thanks.

20. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

I hear them fly over head several times a week. Our office is a few miles from Gowen Field.

22. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I have several projects close to Buckley Air Force base, it’s pretty cool.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

24. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information