Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Random Broncos thoughts: In exactly that order.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    -This year is going to be fun as hell to watch the Broncos again! For the same reason it was in '15; That team was the first, for me personally, that made defensive play a singular fascination. This team will bring it back, thanks to the tipping point that is Chubb. I cannot see a world where the Broncos do not lead in sacks in 2018.

-Keenum is exactly whom the Broncos need right now. It's not hard to be able to see a world where something goes wrong at QB for us but I don't think it's a matter of 'Minnesota Case' but rather a matter of the reasonable combination of a hard core, stalwart baller that has seen it all and a really good team (Vikings) that made good football together. Keenum will be even better this year because he's hitting his stride all on his own. The Broncos have allot of 'ifs' but I believe they will be a better team than the '17 Vikings, mostly because Keenum, Chubb, and the new core of rookies-with-work-ethics that will all change 'so close' to 'so right'!

-I don't think it's that big of a negative but am I taking crazy pills, or is there too much faith being placed in Veldheer at RT? Or, the deeper question may be is VJ sneaking under the radar with more of his placing dudes out of their natural positions? He said he wouldn't do it but it seems he is. Veldheer is a left tackle. The only time he played RT was last year and he royally sucked! In the desire to stay positive, I'll just swallow this. It just....keeps...nagging....like an itch in the middle of the back...

-Leading in sacks and improved offensive play will help the secondary to excel. More tipping and fun as **** mayhem.

-Even if I'm not taking crazy pills and Veldheer sucks at RT, Joseph will be a better coach this year. He's hiding in the shadows at the moment and playing the lesser to Elway (well, he is and..this really is the season of the GM in the NFL) but I believe he will find his voice during this off-season and stretch his muscles during the pre-season. He might just be a quiet lion during the season, we'll see. Every player says he's got it in him and he is different with them than he is with the media. We'll see. If I hear one more 'practice was good. I don't know why it didn't translate', all bets are off, though. I think we'll have to swallow more than a few cliches and bad slogans on shirts but I do think VJ has a good head coach in him. He's not a genius and he won't make for miracles but the combo of him and Elway can make for championships.

-Yeah, I'm a Kelly believer. Don't get all rational with me, that has nothing to do with it. Well...actually, go ahead. There are plenty of rational points to be made for Kelly being a great backup and a sleeper starter in the NFL. He could just be the perfect tandem with scrapper Keenum as well. Either way, I am a full-on believer in Lynch being waaaaay more a Madden '18 QB than an actual NFL QB. I quiver in anticipation of him proving reality wrong though. Either way, both CK and CK have the fire that the Broncos need moving forward.

-Can't wait to see what the receiver and TE room will bring.

-Strange new wave coaching combos will hopefully lead the way in future of NFL coaching techniques...and not just be strange, new wave footnotes.

-That's all for now. Contrary to Elway's contrariness, the Broncos are the team to beat in the AFC West!
    Scrappy Doo! That’s a great nickname for Keesum, thanks dude.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    If Sunshine makes the roster...which should be a lock if it was me. That dude competes like a mfer, let the man shine!
    Totally agree. I love that guy. If he doesn't make it, this might be the year that it would be ok, though. If he gets beat out, it (hopefully) means we will have guys that have the same heart and ethics, but just plain even more talent. I'm OK with that. I still don't think we can lose if they decide to keep him, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Will McKenzie make the roster?
    If so....and it's a huge if...I hope it will be because he dominates and completely reverses his insecure (ball handling and emotional state) nature. If he does, he's our Tyreek Hill, and that's saying something. If he doesn't, his speed sin't worth it and we can happily move beyond that experiment.

If so....and it's a huge if...I hope it will be because he dominates and completely reverses his insecure (ball handling and emotional state) nature. If he does, he's our Tyreek Hill, and that's saying something. If he doesn't, his speed sin't worth it and we can happily move beyond that experiment.

He won’t.

Dt
    Es
    Sutton
    Hamilton
    Henderson
    Rb/kr/pr/ the CU kid, the cfa
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    He won’t.

Dt
    Es
    Sutton
    Hamilton
    Henderson
    Rb/kr/pr/ the CU kid, the cfa
    I'm comfortable with that. Kind of feel the same way.

Two more not so random thoughts: Kizla is a hard core DB. I know his purpose, and that we never would have known that name if people didn't need to make themselves feel smarter by spouting and reading negative nonsense that only servers itself. I would accept his angle if it had any merit but he's an idiot with no actual opinion. He has no connections, like Klis, and has no ideas that can't be easily linked to his survival as a paid troll. Klis' opinions are kind of crap also but at least he's trying to be an analyst and is forthright. And he has the inside connections. Anyway, f Kizla. Here's to hoping he gains a sack and starts thinking like he cares about the Broncos.

To continue my therapy session of expelling negativity: Mike McCoy is also a DB. IMO, the largest under the radar destructive element of last year was McCoy. He clearly entered his contract signing with the intent of sabotaging the Broncos offense for his personal gain. If he put a fraction of the effort that he put into his own ego into the Broncos offense, who knows what could have been. I just found out he's working for the Cardinals. Maybe Rosen is the next Brady but more than likely, the Belidick scheme will only work with Brady and even Bdick himself would be a foot note in NY Giants lore without Brady. Either way, f McCoy! I know there was way more than him that went wrong last season but I'm pretty sure he's the only one that wanted to screw over the Broncos from the get go!

Thanks for listening in.
    Last edited by Ground Control; 05-20-2018 at 03:07 PM.

I’ve been telling people about McCoy since 2010. Only now do they finally get it.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

CK makes me lose optimism for the team. He's going to have to produce more than 22 TDs and 3,500 yards for this team to make a deep playoff run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

To continue my therapy session of expelling negativity: Mike McCoy is also a DB. IMO, the largest under the radar destructive element of last year was McCoy. He clearly entered his contract signing with the intent of sabotaging the Broncos offense for his personal gain. If he put a fraction of the effort that he put into his own ego into the Broncos offense, who knows what could have been. I just found out he's working for the Cardinals.
    What? His ego? How can you even assert this? I'm not a big fan of McCoy, but it was pretty clear after he got fired that the offensive coordinator wasn't the problem. He's was fired as a head coach in 2016, fired as an offensive coordinator in 2017 and made a lateral move to the Cardinals, where he's saddled with an offense losing its quarterback to retirement and the best receiver is near retirement. He didn't "gain" anything.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    CK makes me lose optimism for the team. He's going to have to produce more than 22 TDs and 3,500 yards for this team to make a deep playoff run.
    You keep glossing over the fact that those numbers are over 14 games, not 16. Averaged
    out to 16 games, that would come to more than 4,000 yards and 25 TDs.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

"Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

His inability to pick up big yardage terrifies me. I forgot how sad his game logs were.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    His inability to pick up big yardage terrifies me. I forgot how sad his game logs were.
    I don't know what you consider big yardage, or what player you're referring to.

Last edited by topscribe; 05-21-2018 at 11:06 PM.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

The arm strength isn’t very exciting, but the ball placement and pocket awareness is much better than what we’ve seen the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    The arm strength isn’t very exciting, but the ball placement and pocket awareness is much better than what we’ve seen the last two years.
    He plays small ball and was one of the worst deep ball passers in the league last year. The analysis on his deep throwing concluded that he was very, very fortunate to throw so few picks considering how bad he was at it. That small ball game bloated his completion percentage. His accuracy is solid. But it wasn't a like when PFM threw for over 65% of his passes while attacking the entire field.

His pocket awareness and inability to be a coward IS something I look forward to. I just can't get excited about a one year wonder with inflated game manager stats. And for the love of god, if anyone thinks his stats aren't inflated with how the offense was ran last year, miss me with it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information