Thread: NFL owners to vote on proposal to make all ejections subject to review

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default NFL owners to vote on proposal to make all ejections subject to review

All NFL player ejections will be subject to replay review if owners approve a competition committee proposal next week at their spring meeting in Atlanta.

The change, released in writing Wednesday by the NFL, is part of a larger effort to discourage players from lowering their helmets to initiate contact with opponents. Owners adopted that rule in March.

Flagrant instances of those fouls will lead to ejections, similar to the NCAA's targeting rule. But the competition committee, along with many coaches and other on-field personnel, felt strongly about using replay as a safety net against such a severe penalty.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-all-ejections

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Sweet! More things to slow the game down and make every telecast 4 hours long to squeeze those ad dollars out

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Sweet! More things to slow the game down and make every telecast 4 hours long to squeeze those ad dollars out
    This one is probably justified, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Honestly, I don’t like it. If they keep making everything the officials do subject to review, then why even have them? It undermines their authority. Ya know how to fix problems with official calls? Hire better officials. Don’t hamstring them every chance you get with super slo-mo video cameras. Do we really want a game with no officials? Do we really want a game where every single holding call, illegal contact, and PI is called? Do we? We’d never actually see a football game. Anything that continues to take power and authority away from the refs is bad, IMO. The more they are second guessed and shit on by the broadcast crew and replay the worse it is for the game. This is just retarded.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Honestly, I don’t like it. If they keep making everything the officials do subject to review, then why even have them? It undermines their authority. Ya know how to fix problems with official calls? Hire better officials. Don’t hamstring them every chance you get with super slo-mo video cameras. Do we really want a game with no officials? Do we really want a game where every single holding call, illegal contact, and PI is called? Do we? We’d never actually see a football game. Anything that continues to take power and authority away from the refs is bad, IMO. The more they are second guessed and shit on by the broadcast crew and replay the worse it is for the game. This is just retarded.
    I believe the quality of officials is the same, but that they've come to rely on instant review. Certainly, there are so many subjective rules now, than many years ago. Though officials can frustrate me, I respect anyone of them for trying in today's NFL.

8. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    It’s not retarded at all. This is great. If they’re going to institute the college targeting rule, you have to review ejections because it’s such a gamechanging event.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following 7 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information