Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: NFL owners to vote on proposal to make all ejections subject to review

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Westminster, CO
    Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,
    Posts
    42,012

    Default NFL owners to vote on proposal to make all ejections subject to review

    All NFL player ejections will be subject to replay review if owners approve a competition committee proposal next week at their spring meeting in Atlanta.

    The change, released in writing Wednesday by the NFL, is part of a larger effort to discourage players from lowering their helmets to initiate contact with opponents. Owners adopted that rule in March.

    Flagrant instances of those fouls will lead to ejections, similar to the NCAA's targeting rule. But the competition committee, along with many coaches and other on-field personnel, felt strongly about using replay as a safety net against such a severe penalty.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-all-ejections

    Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

  2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne
    Posts
    18,804

    Default

    Sweet! More things to slow the game down and make every telecast 4 hours long to squeeze those ad dollars out

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bradley Chubb
    Posts
    42,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Sweet! More things to slow the game down and make every telecast 4 hours long to squeeze those ad dollars out
    This one is probably justified, though.
    What's shaking, chiefy baby?

  5. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Russellville, AR
    Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris, DT
    Posts
    8,611

    Default

    Honestly, I donít like it. If they keep making everything the officials do subject to review, then why even have them? It undermines their authority. Ya know how to fix problems with official calls? Hire better officials. Donít hamstring them every chance you get with super slo-mo video cameras. Do we really want a game with no officials? Do we really want a game where every single holding call, illegal contact, and PI is called? Do we? Weíd never actually see a football game. Anything that continues to take power and authority away from the refs is bad, IMO. The more they are second guessed and shit on by the broadcast crew and replay the worse it is for the game. This is just retarded.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    34,287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Honestly, I don’t like it. If they keep making everything the officials do subject to review, then why even have them? It undermines their authority. Ya know how to fix problems with official calls? Hire better officials. Don’t hamstring them every chance you get with super slo-mo video cameras. Do we really want a game with no officials? Do we really want a game where every single holding call, illegal contact, and PI is called? Do we? We’d never actually see a football game. Anything that continues to take power and authority away from the refs is bad, IMO. The more they are second guessed and shit on by the broadcast crew and replay the worse it is for the game. This is just retarded.
    I believe the quality of officials is the same, but that they've come to rely on instant review. Certainly, there are so many subjective rules now, than many years ago. Though officials can frustrate me, I respect anyone of them for trying in today's NFL.
    why you so serious!

  8. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bey Bey
    Posts
    81,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Honestly, I don’t like it. If they keep making everything the officials do subject to review, then why even have them? It undermines their authority. Ya know how to fix problems with official calls? Hire better officials. Don’t hamstring them every chance you get with super slo-mo video cameras. Do we really want a game with no officials? Do we really want a game where every single holding call, illegal contact, and PI is called? Do we? We’d never actually see a football game. Anything that continues to take power and authority away from the refs is bad, IMO. The more they are second guessed and shit on by the broadcast crew and replay the worse it is for the game. This is just retarded.
    It’s not retarded at all. This is great. If they’re going to institute the college targeting rule, you have to review ejections because it’s such a gamechanging event.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    There is a lot of buzz among the latinas about my impending arrival.

  10. The Following 7 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 66
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group