Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Bucky Brooks all-rookie team. Looky-here it boasts 3 Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    https://fullpresscoverage.com/2017/1...ve-to-improve/

He's not a gifted deep ball passer. And that's not necessarily a requirement, but it's more than nice. In the past we've seen teams stack the box and take the run game away. The fear is that if he isn't capable with the deep ball, it can impact him negatively. Last season, CK was on a team that ran the ball a ton, even when it wasn't effective. They had that luxury because of the defense that the Vikings had.

CK isn't scared to sling the ball, I will give him that. But if you read the first link, on deep balls especially, he had a lot of dropped picks. If one goes into the analysis, there's a lot of things that take the shine off of CK.
    I can always appreciate a documented argument.

So Keenum doesn't have the Favre-esque arm that can scare a defense to death at any time
    in a game, but what he can do is to create some open receivers deep through a good play-
    action game. That is how the Vikings had a good deep game. They ran and ran the ball, then
    took the open shot. Keenum is good at play-action, so that is what he needs to do.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Players on defense are already noticing the intensity of Josey Jewell. Wouldn't be shocked to see him win the starting job soon. He was a tackling machine in college. #outlawjoseyjewell

Brandon Marshall #Broncos @1043TheFan "I like Josey Jewell. Hes a smart kid, hes intense."
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

I'm being unfair, but he's just a slow LB in my eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

He is a slow lb.
    He is also a badass!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Because of Jewell's straight-line time in shorts? That's the problem with Combine numbers.
    They don't always have a thing to do with football. Often, once the pads are donned, those
    numbers change dramatically. Jewell has greater football speed than track & field speed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

well, todd davis is also a slow LBer, who has crap instincts and play diagnosis ability to boot. . . if jewel can be slowish but smart, and a reliable tackler, then realistically he should have a solid opportunity to beat davis out. . . and save us a nice little chunk of cap space next year. . .

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    well, todd davis is also a slow LBer, who has crap instincts and play diagnosis ability to boot. . . if jewel can be slowish but smart, and a reliable tackler, then realistically he should have a solid opportunity to beat davis out. . . and save us a nice little chunk of cap space next year. . .

Zach Thomas was pretty slow. I feel you.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

just for starters, you know the guy has to be a badass. . . he's got the gayest name in football, can you imagine how much grief he's gotten over that shit? dude must be a tough mofo. . . plus now he's got a great nickname. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post

Zach Thomas was pretty slow. I feel you.
    I was all prepared to bring up his performance against Barkley and the Nittany Lions. But then I went back and looked at the stats and it was Barkleys best game of the year. I really do like josey though he and the kid from Indiana were my mid-round linebacker choices. His lack of speed is definitely overstated. Because his instincts are far superior to almost anybody that came out of this draft
    Last edited by Jsteve01; 05-27-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Speed matters. It doesn't mean he can't be good, though.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

The Broncos have 3 guys on this list because they have roster weaknesses at key positions and drafted guys who should get on the field. It doesn't speak to an outstanding draft so much as a holey roster, but at least they worked on filling those holes. Jewell IS a smart kid and a really good tackler. He also won't be able to cover backs or TEs for shit in anything outside of his area. That's okay - getting a smart 2-down ILB who doesn't make mistakes is an upgrade over what Denver has now. If he's breaking on the back in the flat who is only the target because Denver's pressure is ridiculous, he's got that. If he's in a zone or breaking up a screen, he's got that. If he's getting isolated on TEs on seam routes, he'll come off the field.

But we have safeties for that. Jewell should be able to provide what they need from him and be an upgrade over Davis. That's enough. Looking forward to seeing this roster go to work - I didn't expect to patch everything in a year and Denver didn't, but at least the damn boat shouldn't sink like last year.
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    The Broncos have 3 guys on this list because they have roster weaknesses at key positions and drafted guys who should get on the field. It doesn't speak to an outstanding draft so much as a holey roster, but at least they worked on filling those holes. Jewell IS a smart kid and a really good tackler. He also won't be able to cover backs or TEs for shit in anything outside of his area. That's okay - getting a smart 2-down ILB who doesn't make mistakes is an upgrade over what Denver has now. If he's breaking on the back in the flat who is only the target because Denver's pressure is ridiculous, he's got that. If he's in a zone or breaking up a screen, he's got that. If he's getting isolated on TEs on seam routes, he'll come off the field.

But we have safeties for that. Jewell should be able to provide what they need from him and be an upgrade over Davis. That's enough. Looking forward to seeing this roster go to work - I didn't expect to patch everything in a year and Denver didn't, but at least the damn boat shouldn't sink like last year.
    With all due respect, this seems lazy analysis. The Broncos have three on the list because
    they are deemed good players. Chubb was considered the best defensive player in the draft,
    and some considered him the best player in all the draft. As for the others, it doesn't matter
    whether or not their respective positions have weaknesses. The players are going to have to
    earn the distinction against opponents from other teams.

By the way, Jewell did fairly well in coverage in college, according to what I read. He had 26
    pass breakups and six interceptions in his three years at Iowa. I think his image is suffering
    from his 4,82 40-time at the Combine. However, he ran 4.68 on his pro day, and he said he
    has done better than that. But he's much, much faster in football speed than he is in shorts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    He is a slow lb.
    He is also a badass!
    Terrell Davis was said to be slow. Just sayin.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Yes, you are being unfair.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post

Other than later pics I would say that the draft was pretty much a homerun. And I'm not alone in saying that. I didn't see one National media site they gave the Broncos a poor grade and in fact all of them that I saw had them among the top five teams draft wise

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information